Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: What two stroke pre mix is best?  (Read 51934 times)

Offline oldermxr

• View Profile
Re: What two stroke pre mix is best?
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2011, 01:35:56 PM »
I use Golden Spectro @40:1 with 93 octaine

Offline Mountain Goat

• Braap! Braap! Braaaaaap!
  • Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2011, 10:30:50 PM »
Motul 800 at 50:1.  No splooge, but it leaves carbon on the rear fender.  The bike pops a bit when cold, but runs like a demon when warm.
1997 RM250
2008 RM250
2008 KTM Super Duke R

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2011, 12:10:55 PM »
Whats the difference between pre mix stuff and auto injector stuff? I am goin to switch brands and silkolene is the better of what is stocked in my area but theres a couple dollars difference between the two but they say the same thing on the bottle. 
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline beaner

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2011, 12:43:55 PM »
Probably viscosity. I expect the the injector oil will be thinner.

I'm going to move this here, as it was the reason I brought the thread back, but is probably lost in the new page. There seems to be some decent technical knowledge here. I'd like to see is anybody has an idea why this is happening.

So forgive me for dragging up an old oil thread, but this is the reason I found the forum.
I was looking for an answer to something that I can't explain, and google led me to this thread, which has had a decent technical component to to.
4 years ago, when i bought my RM 125, I was trying different oils (mostly an availability thing) and ended up with some Belray H1R. I immediately noticed a power increase. A significant power increase. I didn't believe it was possible, so I did some back to back testing. It was a very obvious, and very significant difference.
A few weeks ago, I ran out of the Castrol GP 2 stroke I've been using in my vintage bike, and my dealer had a deal on Belray MC 1. I tried it, mixed at the same 40-1 and noticed a significant power increase. Exactly the same as the above, I was able to duplicate it.
Both times it was Belray, and both times the difference was significant. If somebody told me the same thing, I probably wouldn't believe it. The first time I chalked it up to possibly jetting, or the way the oil contributed to combustion, but exactly the same result twice on 2 different bikes.

Can somebody explain what's going on?

Ontario, Canada

Offline Swimr2DaResQ

• Expert
  • Awww Yeaah!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2011, 12:45:47 PM »
Maxima Castor 927 at 40:1 with a mix of 50/50 110 octane race gas and 92 octane pump gas. Love the smell of Castor, 31.5 hours on complete bottom end and top end rebuild with very minimal buildup. Great stuff.
I used Silkolene before the rebuild, full synthetic, not bad stuff, but not as good as Castor in my opinion.
 ::)
"Technology frightens me to death. It's designed by engineers to impress other engineers, and they always come with instruction booklets that are written by engineers for other engineers - which is why almost no technology ever works."

Offline downonmonday

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2011, 05:39:57 PM »
Ooohhhhh yeah! I use 927 also.
2000 Honda CR 250, 2004 Suzuki RMZ 250, 2004 Suzuki GSXR 750, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi Sport

Offline 2T Institute

• Expert
    • View Profile
What two stroke pre mix is best?
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2011, 09:48:01 AM »
So forgive me for dragging up an old oil thread, but this is the reason I found the forum.
I was looking for an answer to something that I can't explain, and google led me to this thread, which has had a decent technical component to to.
4 years ago, when i bought my RM 125, I was trying different oils (mostly an availability thing) and ended up with some Belray H1R. I immediately noticed a power increase. A significant power increase. I didn't believe it was possible, so I did some back to back testing. It was a very obvious, and very significant difference.
A few weeks ago, I ran out of the Castrol GP 2 stroke I've been using in my vintage bike, and my dealer had a deal on Belray MC 1. I tried it, mixed at the same 40-1 and noticed a significant power increase. Exactly the same as the above, I was able to duplicate it.
Both times it was Belray, and both times the difference was significant. If somebody told me the same thing, I probably wouldn't believe it. The first time I chalked it up to possibly jetting, or the way the oil contributed to combustion, but exactly the same result twice on 2 different bikes.

Can somebody explain what's going on?

Commonly called th 'placebo effect' If it has 'significant' power increases they dyno should ick that up no problems. The lowest oil ratio I ever use is 25:1 or 4%
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline beaner

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2011, 02:42:56 PM »
Definitely not placebo affect. The difference really was that big, and I wasn't looking for it either time.
Ontario, Canada

Recovered

« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2011, 04:45:39 PM »
is there any better thing for a man's senses than a 350 banshee running blendzall at about 32:1?  holy boner city.

the secret to keeping number plates nice is to stop buying those "shorty" silencers and buy the standard length fmf or PC one that sits flush with the sideplate.  shorties sound cool i suppose but its not worth destroying a number plate every 3-4 rides, especially when everyone is running pre-printed backgrounds that take a month to come in the mail.

Offline 2T Institute

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2011, 09:07:04 PM »
Definitely not placebo affect. The difference really was that big, and I wasn't looking for it either time.
I find that very hard to believe. A before and after run on a dyno should be pretty easy.

Offline beaner

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2011, 12:35:53 AM »
I find that very hard to believe.

So did I. Like i said, if somebody told me, I probably wouldn't believe it either.
Ontario, Canada

Offline Kodackamera

• Novice
  • The future is bright...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2011, 03:28:04 AM »
There is a test that can be performed with different oils called a "Power Fade" test...
"The 500 is another world. The bike come from another world."
-Valentino Rossi

Offline johnfritos

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2012, 11:39:13 PM »
got my first 2 stroke mx bike 2012 yz125   :D . had a yamaha blaster (hated it). but i got klotz benol castor racing 2 stroke oil at the dealer, a worker said he had a rm125 last year and he used that. but ivee heard that castor oil is bad ... not sure. but was thinking of the klotz oils the r50, or the super techniplate. what do you think. btw i ran 31:1 for about 5 practices.

Offline beaner

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2012, 03:10:34 AM »
IMO this is the best resource for that information

http://www.maximausa.com/tech-tips/oil-migration.php

Read the conclusions, and follow the recommendations. I think any of the major oils are fine. I am partial to Belray and Maxima oils, but from what I understand, Klotz is topnotch stuff. I use Maxima castor oil in my own 125 and my vintage bike.
You can't go wrong mixing 32-1 for your 125
Ontario, Canada

Offline Swimr2DaResQ

• Expert
  • Awww Yeaah!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2012, 04:27:57 AM »
A little bit off topic but a good read none the less!
http://www.maximausa.com/lube-news/lubenewssummer2001.swf
"Technology frightens me to death. It's designed by engineers to impress other engineers, and they always come with instruction booklets that are written by engineers for other engineers - which is why almost no technology ever works."