Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: What two stroke pre mix is best?  (Read 49285 times)

Offline Jeram

• Novice
    • View Profile
What two stroke pre mix is best?
« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2012, 07:52:20 AM »
when it saves a $600 of nikasil plating and piston its worth it.

Yes and no there Jeram.
I think most of us have no problems when using good quality oils.
If a ring decides to brake or a locating pin comes out of the piston it doesn't matter jack what oil you use , your nikasil is gone.
Just saying.

yes but thats about as relevent as saying, if your backwheel falls off will your premix save you.
both are unrelated to premix.

but where good oil comes in to save your barrel is when the piston gets very hot and expands to the point where you have very little or no clearance between the piston and the bore

at hot temps, synthetic oils simply vaporise and all their lubricating properties are lost, but racing castors form even more complex esters at high temps. So the hotter your engine runs the more lubricating capacity castor oil has which is reverse proportional to synthetics.

Add some castor to some synthetic and add a dash of super slippery ceramic additive and you get a very nice oil that gives you the best of both worlds.
1. cleaner running and less varnish due to the synthetic, great lubricating properties for low temp running
2. high temp protection when you need it thanks to the castor
3. reduced friction due to ceramic additives when you really need it (seizure time)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2012, 08:03:25 AM »
Yes I agree with all of the above, I was thinking for the average rider who shouldn't have problems with high piston temps, flash oils are not necessary.
For a racer who has their motor jetted for max horse power ( on the verge of seizing ) yes the oil you are talking about will have major benefits.
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2012, 08:07:57 AM »
P.S What bike are you trialing it in ?
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline 2T Institute

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2012, 09:57:33 AM »
Yes I agree with all of the above, I was thinking for the average rider who shouldn't have problems with high piston temps, flash oils are not necessary.
For a racer who has their motor jetted for max horse power ( on the verge of seizing ) yes the oil you are talking about will have major benefits.

Not really have seen significantly less piston wear and scuffing on the cylinder simply adding Castrol R30 to the tank at (100:1) running in conjuction with an oil pump on a daily rider Aprilia RS125

Offline Jeram

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 26, 2012, 01:23:23 PM »
thats not half bad lozza! didnt think of that