Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Another one down  (Read 6777 times)

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
Another one down
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2012, 07:55:37 PM »
Found the same jump with an almost identicle wreck on youtube, guy broke his collarbone. Was also wearing a leatt brace.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline beaner

• Junior
    • View Profile
Another one down
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2012, 02:10:21 PM »
Again in ways yes, blaming the sport is wrong. Allowing or making a sport to get this unsafe is also wrong. Xgames style jumps have no place in racing.

It's sad what happened, but as long as people put up with these tracks, it's going to happen more.
I've been saying it for years, supercross is what destroyed motocross.  Too many tracks are nothing more than a bunch of jumps in flat fields, and most of the good natural tracks have been ruined by the addition of jumps just for the sake of a show. Aside from the fact that I find most of them terribly boring, I will not ride them for my own safety.

My club has events at two such tracks. Every year a handful of people get badly hurt racing there. Last season, I finally went to the club president and complained loudly about it. I hear now that they're not returning there next season. More people get (more badly) hurt in one event at one of those tracks than all six rounds at our very high speed natural terrain club track. This is something I've been tracking for the last five years.
Ontario, Canada

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
Another one down
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2012, 03:49:20 PM »
Supercross had a huge impact on the design of bikes as well and not nec. a good one.

Offline factoryX

• Professional
    • View Profile
Another one down
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2012, 04:17:20 PM »

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
Another one down
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2012, 10:13:56 PM »
godspeed jantz.

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
Another one down
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2012, 02:31:27 AM »
Doing big jumps is a blast and the main reason i ride/race motocross and not just xcountry like most my age.
The fact is most fast kids like Jantz love getting big air, and considering how few deaths there are in MX i think the unsafe track argument is a crock of shit. Bikes now are amazing feats of engineering that can flat land from incredible heights.
Bottom line is motorsports are dangerous and if you don't wanna do jumps go race offroad or VMX.
In my opinion people complaining and forcing jumps to be made smaller are ruining the sport. MX is jumps and berms i reckon, and with the progression of bike tech then bigger jumps are inevitable, and welcomed by me and alot of other racers i know.
Yes this is a tragedy and yes if we all raced around in a flat field then there would probably be less injuries but it would be boring as hell and i wouldn't race anymore, i'd have to go become a freestyle poser lol
Just my opinion of course.

Offline shanes

• Novice
    • View Profile
Another one down
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2012, 02:51:37 AM »
Doing big jumps is a blast and the main reason i ride/race motocross and not just xcountry like most my age.
The fact is most fast kids like Jantz love getting big air, and considering how few deaths there are in MX i think the unsafe track argument is a crock of shit. Bikes now are amazing feats of engineering that can flat land from incredible heights.
Bottom line is motorsports are dangerous and if you don't wanna do jumps go race offroad or VMX.
In my opinion people complaining and forcing jumps to be made smaller are ruining the sport. MX is jumps and berms i reckon, and with the progression of bike tech then bigger jumps are inevitable, and welcomed by me and alot of other racers i know.
Yes this is a tragedy and yes if we all raced around in a flat field then there would probably be less injuries but it would be boring as hell and i wouldn't race anymore, i'd have to go become a freestyle poser lol
Just my opinion of course.

+1 you said it perfectly , i am retired from racing as 43 now , but unless there are real jumps on the track i wont bother going . The bikes today are so good compared to when i started racing as a kid , if you come up a foot short back then you where over the bars ,today the bike just soaks it up and you keep going, they are built for it .

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
Another one down
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2012, 03:45:47 PM »
More people in my area are severely injured and lose their lives riding cross country than in motocross, trees and head ons being the main culprits.

Offline beaner

• Junior
    • View Profile
Another one down
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2012, 04:04:53 PM »
MX is jumps and berms i reckon,

No, that's supercross. I find it boring and dangerous. MX is natural, fast and technical.
Ontario, Canada

Offline citabjockey

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • Yamaha Vintage Enduros
Another one down
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2012, 05:46:35 PM »
Perhaps that is becuase

1) no one way trails (with enforcement)
2) lots more folks play ride and to x-country than ride MX

maybe?

More people in my area are severely injured and lose their lives riding cross country than in motocross, trees and head ons being the main culprits.
Yamaha CT3, RT3, MX125, SC500, Toy Prius, Diesel F250 (it all balances out)

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
Another one down
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2012, 09:37:23 PM »
Sad news, hope he recovers  :( .
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline factoryX

• Professional
    • View Profile
Another one down
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2012, 02:56:33 AM »
I'm afraid he has passed.

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
Another one down
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2012, 04:34:44 AM »
I'm afraid he has passed.

Thats very sad for everyone then.

And how about the rest of you quit arguing over whether tracks are more dangerous or not eh? I'd like to discuss it, but this thread isn't the place for it.

Offline beaner

• Junior
    • View Profile
Another one down
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2012, 11:59:35 AM »
It's a relevant discussion.
Ontario, Canada

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
Another one down
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2012, 01:18:17 PM »
It is a relevant discussion indeed, but pointing fingers when a blokes been killed isn't cool. At all.