Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: lil rumor  (Read 31889 times)

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
Re: lil rumor
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 05:58:37 AM »

But it aint gonna happen.
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 07:44:19 AM »
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Honda a publicly traded company with a board of directors and,in their quest to maximize share prices,will push the corporation in what ever direction is necessary  to achieve this goal? And if this means building 2Ts once again I'm pretty sure there is little senior management at Honda can do to prevent this.I bet Husaberg is selling every 2T they can build and this is just one more indication of a shift in consumer demand.

Hey Ford you better put on a pot of tea,looks like company is landing in the back yard! ;D

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2011, 08:49:56 AM »
This is a photo of the very first vehicle Soichiro Honda ever built...

... weird... it only has two strokes!  :P :P :P
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2011, 08:51:05 AM »
I agree with Myck McClung and SachsGS. It  all comes down to sales numbers,you know Honda tracks the bikes parts figures. And when they see riders, spending big dollars restoring there old 2-st., they know they could have sold a new 2-st to that guy. On youtube guys just post a pic of a cr125 with 2011 plastic and 50,000 people view and comment. I think the Honda,s will hv the old chasis,with new plastic, updated suspnsion, with minor engine updates. A small 2-st. series with a big turnout,would make all the models come back.

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2011, 08:52:52 AM »
This is a photo of the very first vehicle Soichiro Honda ever built...

... weird... it only has two strokes!  :P :P :P
      Nice find John, I never saw that bike before, very COOL.

Offline Joe III

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Business Finance Consultant
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2011, 09:08:37 AM »
That would be fine with me but, I would still buy a TM or KTM first regardless. These two companies are a lot more serious (TM more so)
about the product than some marketing ploy. In Hondas' defence, if they do come out with a really advanced machine it will push the other mfg to get their butts moving (Yamaha). Even with Hondas' many sucesses with the 2 strokes, internally they were in deep opposition to them even in the early days.
If you're afraid to break it, it's not worth having.

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2011, 09:42:41 AM »
Even though it didnt always win the shootouts Honda had the best built 250 2t out of the bunch. I had a new cr250 and 250f for about a week a couple years ago. I ended up breaking my leg on the thumper and had to sell them both with maybe 2 hours total ride time  :'( 

The first day I rode it some jackhole ran into me and put a dent in my swingarm
2000 YZ 125 under construction

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2011, 10:29:09 AM »
ethanol is also going to be a thing of the past as it has no benefits what so ever(It actually creates more carbon along with any other bio fuels).  Some gas stations like AMPM or BP, have doubled the amount of ethanol in their gas, and are currently wreaking havoc on cars. And even if you do believe in Global warming( ;D), ethanol is not the answer.

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2011, 10:32:30 AM »
Also causing many riders to clean out their carb's more often than wanted. I hate ethenol. Never buy your fuel from a big fuel company. Stick with local or specialized companys
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline ford832

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2011, 12:07:23 PM »
Even though it didnt always win the shootouts Honda had the best built 250 2t out of the bunch.

The first day I rode it some jackhole ran into me and put a dent in my swingarm

Sounds pretty well built-I've never done that to a swingarm-and I've gouged them on granites.My buddy is a Honda nut and from what I've seen on his recent years,I'd definitely disagree.

Offline ford832

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2011, 12:09:08 PM »

Hey Ford you better put on a pot of tea,looks like company is landing in the back yard! ;D

Oh no,not the probing thing again.... :-X  :o

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2011, 12:33:09 PM »
Well, I have to admit, I am torn between wanting to believe that the manufacturers will see the light of 2-strokes, but reality keeps saying that it won't happen. I wonder why Smail would mention that? It seems kind of off the wall.

Offline ford832

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2011, 01:34:11 PM »
I agree with Myck McClung and SachsGS. It  all comes down to sales numbers,you know Honda tracks the bikes parts figures. And when they see riders, spending big dollars restoring there old 2-st., they know they could have sold a new 2-st to that guy. On youtube guys just post a pic of a cr125 with 2011 plastic and 50,000 people view and comment. I think the Honda,s will hv the old chasis,with new plastic, updated suspnsion, with minor engine updates. A small 2-st. series with a big turnout,would make all the models come back.

Seriously? Honda has long made it known they are the "eco" 4t company.Their fourstroke bikes sell well to 95% of the moto community.
Then there are their cars,outboards,generators,lawn and garden,quads etc,etc-all in fourstroke.
Do you really think a fringe group of cash strapped 2t diehard moto-tards buying up old CR's is enough to worry corporate honda about losing business and would justify a production run , R & D and an about face on corporate policy and image? I don't.The small percentage that cares wouldn't mean any more to Honda than the lint in my pocket does to me.

Offline metal_miracle

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2011, 01:55:40 PM »
if you read this interview you may get a glimpse in to mr hondas 2 stroke views

http://www.mxworksbike.com/Honda_1972_RC125M.htm

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile