Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: What two stroke pre mix is best?  (Read 52023 times)

Offline crash796

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: What two stroke pre mix is best?
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2010, 09:48:53 AM »
Quaker State 10W-30 @ 20:1 with 87 octaine. ;) Just kidding, Honestly the most important thing is that your jetting is correct for the mixture that you are running. 20:1, 32:1, 50:1 ect. I think people over analize the whole oil thing in two-strokes, four-strokes, planes, trains, automobiles or anything else that uses oil. As long as you are running a quality oil like... Pretty much anything sold in a motorcycle dealership your bike will run fine. You can have the most expensive super duper synthetic racing aircraft grade two stroke oil in your bike but if the jetting is off whats the point? One other thing to keep in mind is regular maintenance if your airfilter has not been cleaned and properly oiled in six months than the best oil in the world is'nt going to do you any good. There was an artical on here a while ago about carburator tuning that was loaded with good info I think everyone should read and undertand everything in that artical before loosing sleep over what brand of oil to use. There my preaching is done for the day.:D

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2010, 10:14:51 AM »
klotz super techniplate is awesome.  It smells amazing and i have never had any problems what so ever with it. 
    I  just  bought  2  bottles   for  my  cr144,  the  mechanic  at  the  KTM  dealership  said  he  ran  it in  all  his  2-strokes, including  a  cr134.  I was  using  Belray  H1R  at  40.1, in  the  38 hp  04 cr125  decked,ported, carb borred  to 40mm, icat, pc pipe,silencer, wiseco gp piston. I  never  had  piston  problems, the  crank  bearings  went  out  at  about  40 hrs., I  ride  it  very hard  though  and  the  crank  was  5 yrs. old.  So  I   think  Klotz  or  927  Maxima  is  a  better  oil, for  a   overborred  motor, that  creates  more  heat, correct me  if  I,m  wrong.

Offline RideRedMx2

• Expert
  • HRC FACTORY RACING
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000301824082&ref=profile
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2010, 10:57:15 AM »
I have always had great luck over the years running Maxima 927 racing castor @ 40:1 it has never let me down and i always thought the deposits were acceptable but thats just my opinion......The main thing is find a good oil and stick with it dont vary

Honda CR-250R #2.....Vet Class
CycleNation Powersports...Cycle Center Of Denton...HRC Factory Racing

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2010, 11:52:02 AM »
......The main thing is find a good oil and stick with it dont vary

+1, too many folks change brands every time they need gas/oil and wonder why they can never figure their jetting issues out.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline luthier269

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2010, 08:12:47 PM »
I went with Motul 800 ran all season with no problems.
Motocross is a real sport all the rest are just games

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2010, 08:28:15 PM »
I just use peanut butter.  It was good enough for Mister Ed.
Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2010, 03:42:40 PM »
I just use peanut butter.  It was good enough for Mister Ed.

And good enough for any Maico as well :D A horse is a horse of course,of course.... :)

I was using motul 800 and recently went to interceptor simply because the shop I work at is selling it now.
On the other hand,my grandfather,who worked in the woods all his life used 10w30 in his saws and snowmobiles and never blew an engine.He'd just give them a really good shake before use as it tended to separate.I think some of this oil hype is overrated-but I still like good stuff-just in case :)
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2010, 05:24:15 PM »
Given how durable the Maico engine is, it probably would tolerate just about any plant based lubricant.

So the next time you have that Yammi pinned and are vainly trying to catch a Maico disappearing in the distance, breath deeply, you might smell peanut butter ;)

Offline charlieofak

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2010, 06:30:32 PM »
Wow... doesn't anybody use Amsoil? I'm 2quarts into my first gallon of Dominator and things seem to be going good, burning clean, low spooge @ 32:1

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2010, 04:46:10 AM »
Given how durable the Maico engine is, it probably would tolerate just about any plant based lubricant.

So the next time you have that Yammi pinned and are vainly trying to catch a Maico disappearing in the distance, breath deeply, you might smell peanut butter ;)

Hahahaha,I'll try to take note of it in the future. :D So far though,I've only noticed the smell of strawberries from a buddies KTM who uses Ipone. :)

Charlieofak,the Interceptor I use now is an Amsoil product-it's good stuff.
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline rookie

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2010, 05:30:55 AM »
castrol TTS

Offline HS125

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2010, 04:00:05 PM »
I use Amsoil Dominator in my yz125 and my sons cr85 @ 40:1 and have had no problems.  Carbon buildup is minimal.

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2011, 04:27:00 AM »
I ran Klotz for years, then due to the economy and much success using thier other products, switched to Lucas after my last rebuild, I think it's a semi synthetic, I'll have to double check to make sure, . quart for $6 at O'Rielys Auto Parts. the spooge is not super sticky, like most other brands, washes right off w Shout and a hose, actually kinda smells like castor and doesn't smoke. I'll let you know how the top end looks next re ring.
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline beaner

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2011, 11:17:01 AM »
So forgive me for dragging up an old oil thread, but this is the reason I found the forum.
I was looking for an answer to something that I can't explain, and google led me to this thread, which has had a decent technical component to to.
4 years ago, when i bought my RM 125, I was trying different oils (mostly an availability thing) and ended up with some Belray H1R. I immediately noticed a power increase. A significant power increase. I didn't believe it was possible, so I did some back to back testing. It was a very obvious, and very significant difference.
A few weeks ago, I ran out of the Castrol GP 2 stroke I've been using in my vintage bike, and my dealer had a deal on Belray MC 1. I tried it, mixed at the same 40-1 and noticed a significant power increase. Exactly the same as the above, I was able to duplicate it.
Both times it was Belray, and both times the difference was significant. If somebody told me the same thing, I probably wouldn't believe it. The first time I chalked it up to possibly jetting, or the way the oil contributed to combustion, but exactly the same result twice on 2 different bikes.

Can somebody explain what's going on?
Ontario, Canada

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2011, 12:24:59 PM »
Interesting.

I had intended to change to H1R 6 months ago from Total 2R.
Bought the oil ( I can get it at cost ) but broke myself and havn't been on the bike since.
Will find out soon what you are talking about when i get back on the bike.
Wouldn't think there was a power increase , I'm just after best protection I can get.
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough