Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Food for thought  (Read 11065 times)

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
Food for thought
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2012, 10:22:41 PM »
enviromental concerns.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline citabjockey

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • Yamaha Vintage Enduros
Food for thought
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2012, 10:26:06 PM »
Environmental concerns ARE impacting out hobby. Do you disagree with that?
Yamaha CT3, RT3, MX125, SC500, Toy Prius, Diesel F250 (it all balances out)

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
Food for thought
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2012, 10:32:43 PM »
citab, of course enviromentalists try to shut use down all the time. but i can't see how you could be an enviromentalist and still be with our cause. are you concerned about global warming? i for one am not.

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
Food for thought
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2012, 10:43:35 PM »
explain newhouse.

Offline citabjockey

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • Yamaha Vintage Enduros
Food for thought
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2012, 10:46:08 PM »
How many folks smoke when they know darn well its bad for them (and even their kids that live in the house with them). Call it a habit.

But look, dirt bikes account of 0.00000000001% of all carbon (and other pollutants) put into the air. Yes that's a number I pulled from thin air but you get the idea. Somehow, if people on this world want to keep using the same amount of energy as the typical 1st world resident does for the long term, something big is going to HAVE to change. Probably will not happen in my lifetime and probably not in my kids either but something new is going to be coming down the pipe.

And everyone knows it.

In the meantime, everything gets more expensive (land, fuel, labor) Ergo, the sport is in decline.

Some, please tell me I am wrong on that last point.
Yamaha CT3, RT3, MX125, SC500, Toy Prius, Diesel F250 (it all balances out)

Offline gpnewhouse7

• View Profile
Food for thought
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2012, 10:51:02 PM »
citab, of course enviromentalists try to shut use down all the time. but i can't see how you could be an enviromentalist and still be with our cause. are you concerned about global warming? i for one am not.
What the hell are you smoking?

How is citabjockey an environmentalist? He said that global warming wasn't a hoax, which is quite obvious.

He also said that motocross was too small to make any real difference to it which it clearly is. You could run a cr500 for a week and make less pollution than those stupid amercin pickups make in an hour IF we all really wanted to do something to stop polluting the crap out of our planet then we'd have small (2l max) engined cars and pickups and even if we did nothing else but that we;d make a much bigger difference than if we stopped all offroad sports combined.

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
Food for thought
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2012, 10:52:07 PM »
alright than it should not be an issue, thats what i'm getting at and the bearasso comment was thrown in as a joke sorry you did not get it, i thought it was funny.

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
Food for thought
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2012, 10:59:08 PM »
newhouse enviromentalists are concerned about global warming thats why i suspected that and he has yet to write otherwise. i try to do my part, its the 47% that are ignorant about polution. i have to admit i love oil and my bike does too. so therefore i am not an enviromentalist.

Offline gpnewhouse7

• View Profile
Food for thought
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2012, 11:06:49 PM »
Here's proof of global waring aswell by the way, funny how its higher than ever at the same time as we developed engines and electricity generators etc. Must be a coincidence. http://www.global-warming-and-the-climate.com/images/Manns-hockey-stick.gif

And how is telling someone to "harden the f@#k up!" a joke? I don't get it. I understand if you you were joking and it got misinterpreted but I don't like people "bashing" people for the sake of it.

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
Food for thought
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2012, 11:11:14 PM »
you don't need to understand newhouse, and i never said tat temps were not higher i said i am not concerned about it. so you can smoke your data.

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
Food for thought
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2012, 11:46:41 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2217286/Global-warming-stopped-16-years-ago-reveals-Met-Office-report-quietly-released--chart-prove-it.html

For the last time it isn't real. We even had record ice build up in the poles this year. But hey go ahead and bitch and complain. I think there was thread I started way back with about two pages worth of links with proof that it wasn't real, even the creator of the weather channel stated: "It isn't real." But go ahead and listen to some douche who thinks he created the internet lmfao.

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline cnrcpla

• Novice
    • View Profile
Food for thought
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2012, 12:04:35 AM »
The world was what, like a tropical environment 65 million years ago everywhere on the planet? Than, it cooled down to below freezing almost everywhere on the planet in the Ice age. You mean to tell me that because the temperature on Earth is fluctuating a few degrees we are freaking out? Come on...

Offline gpnewhouse7

• View Profile
Food for thought
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2012, 12:26:28 AM »

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
Food for thought
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2012, 12:47:27 AM »
I am probably the farthest thing from an environmentalist you will ever see or speak to but even I have to acknowledge that things aren't what they should be. Yes the Governments exaggerate the nutsack off the issue and back up their arguments with "data" and "statistics" but its also been said and proven that we are coming out of an ice age. Both sides have this "irrefutable" proof that they are right and I think that, to a certain extent, both are right. Even the stupidest person you can find would agree that as we cut down trees, we are limiting the Earths ability to deal with carbon dioxide.

If we appropriated our carbon dioxide output to the amount of trees capable of processing that CO2, that solves the problem. But of course cities must expand, fuel is needed so its not going to happen. The only way I can see us getting out of it is by breaking the fist law of thermodynamics: Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be converted to one form and another.

Case in point: Two stroke engines. In the combustion cycle, you get the explosion that drives the piston back down. But touch your engine when its running! Its warm or hot isn't it? Thats energy from the explosion being sent into the cylinder and cases as heat energy. And the sound? Energy. In theory you could run one motorcycle forever from just one combustion cycle if you found a way to recapture and reuse every single ounce of energy.

Theres other options of course: bio energy (Which will still release a certain amount of CO2) batteries (which need to be charged at some point or another) etc.

At any rate, I doubt the governments will let our world die no matter how stupid they seem at times. In the mean time, I'll keep riding my two stroke.

Oh and if we can break the first law and we can create energy then we can also travel at theoretically infinite speeds, just a thought.

Offline Jeram

• Novice
    • View Profile
Food for thought
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2012, 12:54:45 AM »
good now if only the 47% would just die off we would all be better off. the earth warms and cools and species go extinct its been this way since the begining of time as we know it. do not be a chicken little or the little kid afraid to toss his blankey. in the emortal words of bearasso "harden the f@#k up!" hows that for aruement citabjockey?

yes the earth cools and warms and species go extinct, its all part of the natural cycle.

Your comment is technicaly correct but it is simply PR spin for big oil and conservative republicans as it neglects numerous critical facts which are 1) the rate of warming far exceeds ANY of previous warming cycles, 2) the number of species going extinct since human existence is considered a "mass extinction event" similar to that of a catastrophic disaster (asteroid etc)

And at the end of the day Stephan Hawkins reviewed the evidence and considered climate change to be real.
I'm going put my trust with the man who has the most comprehensive theory of the universe inside his brain, not the big oil PR firm ;)