Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Between the Motos - Rich Winkler  (Read 2209 times)

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Between the Motos - Rich Winkler
« on: February 01, 2010, 06:29:00 AM »
I'll be posting parts of this on the main page, but figured that I would give you forum readers a quick preview.

Opening them up in what way?

For example, taking out the last jump going into the turn, so that riders can land and get on the gas and pick a line. If the guy in front of them is going wide, they can go inside, or if the guy in front is going inside, they can go wide and square them up.
So actually move the turns farther away from the last obstacle.

Right. So is that something you guys have explored in your track designs?

http://www.racerxonline.com/article/between-the-motos-rich-winkler-1-27-10.aspx

Interesting how they've had to change the tracks to suit the four-strokes!!
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline offroader

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Motos - Rich Winkler
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 10:08:11 AM »
If they bring back the 2t they wouldn't have these problems. :D

Offline Cable Stretcher

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 02:21:57 PM »
Yeah they would.  The AMA wants another "super star" like McGrath.  They changed the tracks for ricky as well.  Just look at a track from the mid 90's then one from the mid 00's.  The track from the 90's could be ran in either direction (the landings were the same as the take off's).  In the 00's timing was not as much as a factor as was marbles enough to twist the throttle.  I am not trying to take away from RC, he is an amazing rider and I don't think anyone would challenge his work ethic, but he is better on a fast less technical track.  Just my .02

I wish I worked for a magazine, I would love to interview Kevin Windam or John Dowd and get their take on was has happened and is currently happening to OUR sport.  I belive the John Dowd interview would be the more productive, as he is not currently on anyone's payroll.

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 04:43:46 PM »
Yeah they would.  The AMA wants another "super star" like McGrath.  They changed the tracks for ricky as well.  Just look at a track from the mid 90's then one from the mid 00's.  The track from the 90's could be ran in either direction (the landings were the same as the take off's).  In the 00's timing was not as much as a factor as was marbles enough to twist the throttle.  I am not trying to take away from RC, he is an amazing rider and I don't think anyone would challenge his work ethic, but he is better on a fast less technical track.  Just my .02

I wish I worked for a magazine, I would love to interview Kevin Windam or John Dowd and get their take on was has happened and is currently happening to OUR sport.  I belive the John Dowd interview would be the more productive, as he is not currently on anyone's payroll.

Kevin was one of the first rider to switch to 4 junk in Supercross .This is maybe why Honda still keeping him after all these years as a tourist on the track. Windham was the man on a 125. Agree with you on Dowd.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 06:08:08 PM by 2smoker »
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.