Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Mr. Davey Coombs..  (Read 5684 times)

Offline KXwestYZ

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Re: Mr. Davey Coombs..
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 04:45:00 AM »
that Davy coombs argument has been proved wrong anyhow cos they have equal displacement rules in pro racing in the UK and OZ and there has not been the problems he suggests will happen!

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 07:02:46 AM »
DC has it stuck in his head of equal displacement in the 250 class, but he hasn't mentioned anything about a slight increase. Straight up cc would favor the 2-stroke, a slight increase would even it out. He hasn't even considered or allowed a 125 class, but has vehemently fought any and all 2-stroke ideas.

Good to hear from you John!

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 06:00:46 PM »
Anybody has a copy of the latest Jody's Box?? I am going to Spam DCs mailbox with 2 stroke pictures.. DC@mxsports.com. Anybody has some photoshop skills? Would like to put Cedric Soubeyras on a cover of Racer illustrated with a 2 stroke title to it! Post this on Vital!!!! aahahahah ?? Anybody??

Looking for something like this?

I can do one with Racer X and Cedric if you like.
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2011, 09:13:27 PM »
I like Jody's rule, just name the displacement and call it a day.  However, I would be reluctant to include Wankels because it's relatively difficult to compare their displacement to piston engines.  That said, I really like the elegant simplicity of the technology; they remind me a lot of two-strokes in that they're traditionally known for being small, having few moving parts, generating a lot of power, making a sort of pissed-off buzzing scream, liking lots of gas, and being relatively neglected in their development.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2011, 09:58:43 PM »
Anybody has a copy of the latest Jody's Box?? I am going to Spam DCs mailbox with 2 stroke pictures.. DC@mxsports.com. Anybody has some photoshop skills? Would like to put Cedric Soubeyras on a cover of Racer illustrated with a 2 stroke title to it! Post this on Vital!!!! aahahahah ?? Anybody??

Looking for something like this?

I can do one with Racer X and Cedric if you like.

Totally got the idea.. Just need a more shocking title to it..!
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline MXLord327

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 05:24:29 AM »
So it is not fair for someone to show up at an SX Lites race on a 45 hp stock 2-stroke, but a fully modded, $100,000 45 hp Pro-Circuit 250f is fair????  Show me the logic there....  DC is a flat-out liar.