Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Mr. Davey Coombs..  (Read 5680 times)

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
Mr. Davey Coombs..
« on: January 15, 2011, 10:29:11 AM »
some quotes from him on Vital: I am headed home and headed to Phoenix, which means I won't be defending my stance here anymore tonight, or trying to explain that I didn't write the four-stroke rule in the first place, and I can't change it by myself (nor do I think it's wise to do so now at the pro level given the investment the teams have already made over many years in changing to four-strokes). But I will keep trying to do my small part to improve the series and the sport, along with everyone else on here.
Anyone who wants to contact me directly can reach me at: DC@mxsports.com.

the AMA Motocross Series had better attendance and a vastly bigger TV audience than it has ever had in 2010, which was a down year for the economy. Appreciate the doom-and-gloom scenario you painted, but like AMA Supercross, which also utilizes the AMA rulebook we've done a pretty good job in attracting fans and sponsors and getting our sport on TV while other forms of professional racing have struggled.

DC
MX Sports

The problem is not the players..its the leaders.. Is our sport turning into Nascar? This is disgusting..Even if Cedric do good.. We all know that he won't have the proper coverage from the medias fed by the OEMs..I can't believe they are still people that cheers and respect DC. Jody for the president!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 10:51:57 AM by 2smoker »
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Mr. Davey Coombs..
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 10:41:01 AM »
Go Cédric!

Love the edit! Good job!

Cédric Soubeyras
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 10:59:03 AM by 2smoker »

Offline EJ

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 06:25:26 PM »
What's wrong with admitting the 4 jokes were the wrong choice, and bad for the sport...
It's the kamikaze Japanese mentality. Fot them, it's all or nothing.
They rather die and go broke, doing what they stand for and swear by, than to admit they were wrong.
That's why my hard earned money will go to GasGas, TM or another small passionate 'outsider'.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 06:28:40 PM by EJ »

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 05:14:04 AM »
Don't know if you guys read Racerhead, but in looking for some info about the race in Pheonix I found this quote from DC.

Not hard to see that he is no longer a two-stroke advocate at the Pro level....
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 05:26:16 AM »
Does he seriously believe that Honda, Suzuki, and Kawasaki would just LEAVE motocross racing?  They would obviously realize that if they did that, all the teenagers who can't see past their TV would be saying, "d00d, all da pros be ridin Yamaha, wen i get some moneys fo a bike itz all blue all da way bro."

And this is obviously a stupid argument to make, because once upon a time they skewed the rules vastly in favor of four-strokes when ONLY ONE of the manufacturers made one!

Also, he basically says here that he realizes that the riders and the general public would like to see two-strokes, but the people with the money don't, and so therefore it's obvious which path we have to take.  I mean, we wouldn't want for privateers to be a big force in racing!  They're just there fill the track up and make it look more action-y, but the only racing that anyone needs to give a shit about is the kind between two dudes who each own Learjets and have thousands of men working full-time on their team.  The privateers might as well just go home and let the TV stars battle it out one-on-one, for all anyone in the management cares.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 08:52:21 AM »
Mr.Coombs should do the honorable thing and do his part to return motocross to it's grass roots mentality i.e. race what you brung.He has essentially admitted that the 4T experiment is a failure but insists that the manufacturers are in too deep in the whole mess to backup.Any good investor knows when to cut their losses and deal with the inevitable.

The tide has already turned and evidence of this is the fact that smaller,more agile manufacturers are already introducing a new wave of 2T motorcycles. ;D

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 12:53:09 PM »
Don't know if you guys read Racerhead, but in looking for some info about the race in Pheonix I found this quote from DC.

Not hard to see that he is no longer a two-stroke advocate at the Pro level....

God, I got some puke in my mouth after reading this..  :'(   Good to see you alive John! ;D

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 12:53:37 PM »
What's wrong with admitting the 4 jokes were the wrong choice, and bad for the sport...
It's the kamikaze Japanese mentality. Fot them, it's all or nothing.
They rather die and go broke, doing what they stand for and swear by, than to admit they were wrong.
That's why my hard earned money will go to GasGas, TM or another small passionate 'outsider'.  ;)

x1000

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 12:55:41 PM »
Anybody has a copy of the latest Jody's Box?? I am going to Spam DCs mailbox with 2 stroke pictures.. DC@mxsports.com. Anybody has some photoshop skills? Would like to put Cedric Soubeyras on a cover of Racer illustrated with a 2 stroke title to it! Post this on Vital!!!! aahahahah ?? Anybody??
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 01:02:05 PM by 2smoker »

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 01:06:01 PM »
He has a sore throat in this video... lol

DC of RacerX talking about the Davis Bros. of T.J.

Offline mullethead774

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 01:25:32 PM »
Had a go 'round with the Coombs' years ago.  They tried to have me banned from AMA racing for voicing an opinion.  I got abusive calls at home from Jr. on my unlisted number.  Thanks district 5.  They are all about the money. Period.  They will follow suit until the cash flow stops.
2 strokes & mullets forever

Offline EJ

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011, 02:34:08 PM »
Anybody has a copy of the latest Jody's Box?? I am going to Spam DCs mailbox with 2 stroke pictures.. DC@mxsports.com. Anybody has some photoshop skills? Would like to put Cedric Soubeyras on a cover of Racer illustrated with a 2 stroke title to it! Post this on Vital!!!! aahahahah ?? Anybody??

Try to enlarge this;
If that doesn't work, go here:
http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/WHAT-YOURE-MISSING-IF-YOU-HAVENT-SEEN-THE-NEW-ISSU-7634.aspx

If you can't read it there, save the image on your pc, and enlarge it.

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 03:00:46 PM »

Try to enlarge this;
If that doesn't work, go here:
http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/WHAT-YOURE-MISSING-IF-YOU-HAVENT-SEEN-THE-NEW-ISSU-7634.aspx

If you can't read it there, save the image on your pc, and enlarge it.

Bad ass EJ!!!! thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2011, 04:12:19 PM »
Well said.
It really is that simple to change the rules.
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2011, 06:10:07 PM »
Keith McCarthy, Mike Fisher,Roger Decoster,Davey Coombs, Erik Kehoe and everyone at the AMA are all guilty of killing the sport.. Jody for the President!