Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Scariest bikes you've ever ridden.  (Read 18922 times)

Offline Swimr2DaResQ

• Expert
  • Awww Yeaah!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Scariest bikes you've ever ridden.
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2010, 09:03:35 PM »
That's actually pretty common, I personally MEDEVACed a hunter who had been attacked by a Brown bear while cleaning a deer, he was hunting by himself! Go figure! Another guy I worked with had to pick up and bag the remains of a kayaker in Prince William Sound who died of hypothermia and the bears ate the rest of him. However, Brown bears are typically proving dominance and not hunting or trying to eat people. The Man eaters that have been caught or shot and had an autopsy done, all had something wrong with their brains, but that's not to say some of them aren't just hungry! I never got used to run-in's with those bears, it was always kinda scary! 
"Technology frightens me to death. It's designed by engineers to impress other engineers, and they always come with instruction booklets that are written by engineers for other engineers - which is why almost no technology ever works."

Offline bigbore

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2010, 10:35:22 AM »
The scariest bike i ever rode and owned was a 2008 hayabusa that i put a turbo on. she had 350hp on the back wheel and could power wheelie at over 200mph,
i gotta couple of videos on youtube

k8 turbo hayabusa doing 300km/h

K8 Turbo Hayabusa  in this video just listern to the turbo spooling down....

and the second most scary bike ever is my dads turbo blackbird(you can see my turbo busa in the back round)

honda blackbird turbo 3

enjoy...

can anybody turbo a maico 700 for me... ;D ;D

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2010, 06:55:21 PM »
I know this is a little off-topic for the thread, but this video shows the craziest turbo noise I've ever heard.  These guys put twin turbos on a '70 Plymouth 'Cuda, and got it over 200mph.  And when it passes at that speed... well, just listen to it!  Fast-forward to 5:10 for the pass I'm talking about.

LMC Super Cuda 200 MPH!

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2010, 02:58:24 AM »
Man, I am just all the more reluctant to let other people ride one of my bikes.  The 250 is so pathetic on bottom-end and has such a high first that I think a simple stall is much more likely, but the 120 is geared like a winch and with an adult-size rider the front comes up really easy.  And if that bike were to fall on its right side, ruining that preposterously-rare pipe... Bloody hell.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline IPoopPickles

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2010, 04:12:35 PM »
For me it was my old 87 KX 500.  It was a former ice racing bike and had a few high performance mods... Trying to keep the front end down was a bit of a chore.  As well as keeping rear tires on it.   ;D It would just chunk tires up, no normal wear, just knobs missing.
"...so I pinned it."

2008 KTM SX250
1993 Kawi KX250

Offline bigbore

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2010, 08:06:08 AM »
K8 turbo hayabusa with nearly 400hp on the wheel, power wheelies at 200-300kph no problem, just twist the throttle....

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2010, 02:31:42 PM »
The second bike I ever rode in my life was a bran new 1993 YZ250 and it was on a mx track. I dont know who was more scared, me or my buddy who owned it. Luckily I already knew all about wiskey throttle so I was very careful.

The fastest 2 stroke Ive ever rode was a 2003 RM 250 built by Williams Performance. It was Ross Martins (pro snow mobile racer) personal bike.

The fastest 4 stroke Ive ever rode was a built 2008 KTM 505. Seriously almost killed myself in the whoops on this one.

The fastest bike Ive ever rode was probably a built 2003 GSXR 1k
2000 YZ 125 under construction

Offline Huffieva

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2010, 06:08:01 AM »
A brand new 84 Kawasaki KXT250 Tecate three wheeler at about 12 or 13 years old - I made it about 100 yards, when I suddenly without warning removed the seat, fenders, grab rail, silencer and a good portion of the sub-frame... and I've been hooked on 2-Strokes ever since (currenty have 2 Tecate's and a fleet of smokers including Husqvarna, Yamaha & ATK)

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2010, 02:04:08 PM »
LOL.

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2010, 03:48:23 PM »
My dads 80's Honda ATC 350

Looked just like this

I was 8
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2010, 04:51:30 PM »
LoL.

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline Widow Maker

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2011, 04:23:23 AM »
Scariest would be my '86 CR500R. Here she is with just a few more things to take care of before the rebuild is done. It's not the most powerful bike I've ridden (when you include the street bikes I've ridden), but it's the delivery of the power it has that makes it so hairy.

1986 Honda CR500R
1997 Honda CR500R - Street Legal Motard
2006 Yamaha YZ85 - Backyard Playbike

Offline Sideways17

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2011, 07:42:12 AM »
Scariest bike I've ridden was my 08 GSXR1000. That damn thing was ridiculous...scared the crap outta me. It begged to be ridden hard. I made some bad decisions on that bike. 176mph was a huge rush but made me decide to get rid of it...way too easy to go fast.

Scariest dirtbike was a 05 CRF450 that my buddy dirttracks. No front brake and a barely there rear brake on a bike that's geared for a mile track being ridden on a short track is definitely scary! I'm used to my RM's brakes, which are super sensitive, the way I like them!

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2011, 03:29:08 PM »
I like that CR WidowMaker.Can I have it? :D
As for me the scariest bike I've ever ridden was an old XL250 and yes,I am serious. :(

I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.