Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Washougal qualfying results  (Read 5032 times)

Offline Watson777

• Expert
    • View Profile
Washougal qualfying results
« on: July 24, 2010, 11:52:27 AM »
I didn't make it. I hit some dumb ass that came flying into the track from the sideline and had no back brakes. No excuses though I just wasn't good enough today. I am really bummed because I know I had the speed and I really let myself down. Enjoy watching the races live! I think I missed it by 4 seconds. I was 58th

Offline keeptwostrokesalive

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Washougal qualfying results
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 11:58:16 AM »
Atleast you had the balls to try unlike the other privateers out their. Hopefully you will be able try again at another track.  Let that leg heal up good and then come back and show em how its done.

Offline riffraff

• Professional
  • Still smokin' after all these years
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 12:02:31 PM »
better to have tried and not made than never get to try at all
aaahhhhh yes, I remember the good old days

Offline G-MONEY

• Expert
  • LET'R BUCK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 04:29:09 PM »
Chin up Watson, I proud you were there to represent!!!!!
"Everthing's the same just slightly different"

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 04:29:47 PM »
Don't be down on yourself man. You tried and had just some bad luck. I wish I could say I at least I tried when I was younger, so good for you!
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 06:21:04 PM »
Perseverance. At least you keep persevering. It'll happen! Definitely proud of you representing! Good job!

Offline Watson777

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 06:40:33 PM »
Thanks guys!!! Found out from an inside source that there were 7 or so people cutting the track in my practice. Still wouldn't have made the main but woulda been a lot closer!!

Offline RideRedMx2

• Expert
  • HRC FACTORY RACING
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000301824082&ref=profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 06:45:51 PM »
You should be proud,you tryed and thats way more than alot of other ppl can say and im sure everyone here will say the same......way to represent,theres always a next time so keep on keepin on brother everyone here is behind you   ;D

Honda CR-250R #2.....Vet Class
CycleNation Powersports...Cycle Center Of Denton...HRC Factory Racing

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2010, 08:14:47 PM »
Haha they are still cutting ?! I was there when I was ten wondering why they were skipping whole sections! The spectators would open up a barrier  so they could get through
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2010, 09:27:08 PM »
Sounds  like  you got  close  Watson. With  all  the  work  involved  with  the  bikes, gear, and  getting  your  body  right  to  race. You  should be proud ,  you  have  the  spirit, and  your lifes  alive.  Chances  are   you  made  an  impression  on people, most  want  to here  the  2-strokes. I  just  talked  to a  pal  friday, he  went  to  Millville, he said  there  was  a  guy  that  almost  made  it in  on   a  cr125,  a  local   cat  I,m  sure. He   said   it  sure  was  nice  to  here  a  2-st., he  said  the  guy  was  flying, his  boys  raced  the  expert class, he  goes  to  2  nationals   every year.  I  asked  him   what  brand  125  and  he  thought  it  was  a  cr125, he  was  a  blur, I   guess, very  hot  and humid.

Offline Watson777

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2010, 11:31:35 PM »
Ya I had people screamin all the way around the track and my wife and mom said the announcers were talkin about me more than the guys running the fastest laps so that was pretty cool. Plus there were tons of people in our pits l day and lots of media people too. It was fun just bummed. And ya they are still cutting. There were a few guys that made it that were consistantly a couple seconds a lap slower than me and then one random lap they were 8 seconds faster. Later in the day someone told me they were cutting the track in 3 places. O well tho

Offline socalcajun

• Expert
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2010, 03:42:38 PM »
Can't say anymore than whats been said.  Thanks for carrying the torch. Takes big brass ones to do what you have tried and will accomplish n the near future.  Hope to see you at Pala.
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell Out of the Way

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2010, 05:05:16 PM »
Devin, I just wanted to say THANK YOU. I appreciate that you devoted so much time, energy and money to represent the two-stroke.

Must of been cool to see and hear all the folks cheering for you!!

You'll do it...

Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2010, 05:36:46 PM »
Congrats Watson.The joys of being honest and not cutting the track.I've never been sure why people cheat as they realize they don't deserve the result they got nor had the ability to do it honestly.Good for you for being straight up.There's too little of that these days.Bikes look sweeeeet btw.I can't wait to see you on TV-soon. 8)
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline Watson777

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2010, 08:50:00 PM »
Your welcome john and everyone...... Finding this site made me want to get out there on the 2-stroke. I really wish I could do more rounds because I know I can make the mains, hell I did it on a 4-stroke lol! It was awesome to see everyone cheering and yelling. There were people lookin at the bikes non stop and i even had a couple guys come find me because they saw the feature story on here and wanted to meet me!

I am hoping to do Pala and then I think I am gonna scale back the race thing next year and my wife and I are gonna try to start an industry related business and pay off as much as debt as possible so we can do the whole series in 2012. I will be 27 by then but hey age is only a number right? Thanks again everyone!