Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Being an MX Spode  (Read 5749 times)

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Being an MX Spode
« on: July 08, 2010, 04:27:32 PM »
A friend of mine, Terry Fraiser has a wonderful website, unfortunately he does not update as much as I'd like him too! lol But when he writes something, it's worth reading!

His view of the world is quite similar to many of us here on this site...

Read and enjoy!

http://www.muddywatersmx.net/2010/05/28/mx-spode-looking-good-while-losing/#more-909
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 04:36:27 PM by John Nicholas »
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Being an MX Spode
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 05:35:22 PM »
I found that site last week while surfing.
I was going to post up some stuff he wrote about smokers. Wont need to now. :)
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline Swimr2DaResQ

• Expert
  • Awww Yeaah!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 11:01:34 PM »
He hit the nail on head and drove it home! How true and yet so sad that true competition is frowned upon! I didn't spend my years in competitive sports to look good losing, if my team or myself did not win I was pissed, practices were brutal and tough, it was hard coming home with a loss. However, after going over the game or race, reviewing and pinpointing weak areas and endless practice to make corrections, I learned grew stronger and became a better competitor! I believe that kids should be taught fair play, but not that everyone wins!!!! why settle for less than greatness or mediocrity!  Competition should be encouraged!!!!   
"Technology frightens me to death. It's designed by engineers to impress other engineers, and they always come with instruction booklets that are written by engineers for other engineers - which is why almost no technology ever works."

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 06:08:41 AM »
That's a good site, I will spend some more time reading it later. Thanks!
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 12:05:39 PM »
Thats a pretty good story and so true, i couldnt agree more. Its the same here, it doesnt matter if you dont win as long as you looked good losing, that seems to be the mentality.
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline socalcajun

• Expert
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 05:25:31 PM »
Sadly happens in alot of youth sports now a days.  I bet some of these youngins could be real good too. Shame that the ones who do put the work in as far as getting the basics down are looked at as lame. They will be the champs of tomorrow while the others are getting tats of the metal mulisha.
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell Out of the Way

Offline crash796

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 06:36:34 AM »
That artical remided me of a close personal friend of the "MX SPODE" that I have too deal with just about every day... "THE FLATBILLER"  >:(
Here is a link to a pretty accurate description of a flatbiller if you have never encountered one: http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Flatbiller

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 09:31:53 AM »
That artical remided me of a close personal friend of the "MX SPODE" that I have too deal with just about every day... "THE FLATBILLER"  >:(
Here is a link to a pretty accurate description of a flatbiller if you have never encountered one: http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Flatbiller

After reading the description of a Flatbiller.... I realized that the world has changed in a big way... all about the show. Very sad... will these folks become the street-bums of the new millennium?

Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 10:58:01 AM »
My   last  job  was  running  the  railroad  yards  in Chicago.  There,s  panhandlers   at  most   stop lights, alot  of  them  are  career  beggers, alot of  scammers. There  doing  just about  anything   you can  think  of, one  guy  at  a  stoplight  says  I,m  not  a  begger, he  climbs  up  the  fuel tank steps, and  has  a  clip  board, the paper  has  lines  on it, with  people,s  names  and   dollar  amounts  like  50.00  to  400.00  dollars. He   said  he,s  collecting  money, for  a   bum  house  and  says  everybeen  homeless.  I  tell  him  yeah, I,ve  been  homeless   since  may 04, and   it,s  not  that  bad. I  tell  him   creative  scam, now  get  off  the truck, really  who  is  going  to  give  someone  hundreds  of dollars,just sitting  at a stoplight.  If  you go to  warm weather states   like  Cal., Az., the  beggers  go  staight  to  the  truck parking  lot, at a  truck stop, there,s  so many  beggers,they  bring  there  4  person  family. I  had  a  women  in Charolette  N.c., begging  so  I  help  her  out  with  some  canned  food, she  wanted  money, a few  minutes  later  she  shoots  the  tank  twice, real  smart  if  I  had  6,800  gal. of  gas, in the tank. There  was  gun fire  all  night  there. I  see  people  at a  truckstop, asking for  gas  money, there  usually  young  and don,t  realize  how  much  it  cost  to  travel, in  08  I  payed  6.09  per gal.  at  a  Pilot  truckstop, on the N.Y. thru way-I-90. There,s  countless  stories  of  people  stranded  at  truckstops, they  know  they  don,t  have  the money  to make it, but  there  determined  to  make it  to  there  grandma,s  funeral, we  drivers  take  care  of  folks  like  that, give them money,feed them, directions, snacks,water, etc.   You  corner  for dough  and  jump  for  show, If  you  can  turn  and  burn  on  a  125, you  can  ruin  a  450  riders  day.

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2010, 06:24:25 PM »
That's just why I support the NRA so us law abiding citizens can protect ourselves & families from all the crazies like her in this world!!%$?...!!! :o

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 07:10:26 PM »

We have plenty of these "Flatbillers" here in Oz. Most of the time none of em have a bike or have ever ridden one. The label over here is an Aussie brand called Unit. Every man and his dog wears Unit and has a Unit sticker on there car. They SHIT me to tears and 99% of them are so far up them selves they can barely breath.
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline riffraff

• Professional
  • Still smokin' after all these years
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2010, 07:14:25 PM »
That's why I won't wear any Fox or Alpinestar clothing or put any of their stickers on my vehicles, most of the people wearing the stuff look like posers
aaahhhhh yes, I remember the good old days

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2010, 02:33:50 PM »
I had to laugh reading the wiki Flatbillers  :D
Some of us are old enough to remember when guys with tats would smack you just for for looking at their girl.
Tats,leather,Harleys,ACDC,bourbon etc. I know some of them were possers but you wouldn't call any of them one.
The modern day version actually makes me laugh at them. They are as hard as jelly. ;D
They have reversed the whole tattoo culture into a fashon label for possers.
Style over substance. :(

As for riding style I agree with everyone.
Stop with the whip shit and concerntrate with actually going fast.
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline DangisMX

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2010, 02:50:36 PM »
That's why I won't wear any Fox or Alpinestar clothing or put any of their stickers on my vehicles, most of the people wearing the stuff look like posers

We think alike :). Come to think of it, people are ready to pay for the company so that they could advertise it with stickers, t-shirts and what not... My bike and car will stay nice and clean until someone pays ME to put a sticker up there :D. Otherwise, I'm a privateer and proud of it!

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2010, 03:44:33 PM »
I'm going to but some stickers on my truck (when I get one) but it's going to be simple.  I'll have one logo on the rear window, either for every bike I own or every bike I've owned.  So right now, I'd have two stickers, a Kawasaki logo (hopefully the old one they used in the '60s) and a Husqvarna logo.  I'm hoping someday I'll have enough to obscure my rearward vision.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?