Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Being an MX Spode  (Read 6591 times)

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
Re: Being an MX Spode
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2010, 04:51:35 PM »
 I'm hoping someday I'll have enough to obscure my rearward vision.

I think you're rearward vision is obscured enough now jetz.Maybe it's best to concentrate on your forward vision instead ;)

As for whips and scrubs,I've pulled off a few wicked ones in my day.Unfortunately,none of them were intentional and they all just sort of kept going until impact :-[ I always found it was hard enough to work on your deficiencies without adding show stuff.
You don't see a lot of that around here though I remember a few years ago there was a guy that went around town,to work and to the track with his KX on the back of his truck.To my knowledge,no one ever saw him take it off.On the other hand,being a KX,maybe it wouldn't start ;D ;)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 04:57:44 PM by ford832 »
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2010, 08:42:04 PM »
Well yeah, after they removed the rotary valve it all went downhill! :P

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2010, 09:53:04 PM »
Heres one from superhunky.  :D

http://articles.superhunkyforum.com/4/155
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2010, 10:26:34 PM »
I disagree with Superhunky a bit on that one.  While for the most part, he has some fairly solid rules of thumb, I think he's taking that too far.  I have come in contact with enough people with weird things going on to know that not all of them are assholes.  Many of them are, sure, but that's not always the case.  One of the nicest people I know went around for two years with a gnarly set of dreads, and he's blond-haired and blue-eyed!

And on the sticker thing, that really depends on your own viewpoint, which is and important reminder that another person's assholery is entirely dependent on who's being asked.  Everyone has friends and enemies, right?  QED.

And one last thing.  He also says you can't tell by the year, make, or model of their car.  Bullshit.  Toyota Prius.  End of Story. :P

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline joel95

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010, 04:21:34 AM »
I disagree with Superhunky a bit on that one.  While for the most part, he has some fairly solid rules of thumb, I think he's taking that too far.  I have come in contact with enough people with weird things going on to know that not all of them are assholes.  Many of them are, sure, but that's not always the case.  One of the nicest people I know went around for two years with a gnarly set of dreads, and he's blond-haired and blue-eyed!

And on the sticker thing, that really depends on your own viewpoint, which is and important reminder that another person's assholery is entirely dependent on who's being asked.  Everyone has friends and enemies, right?  QED.

And one last thing.  He also says you can't tell by the year, make, or model of their car.  Bullshit.  Toyota Prius.  End of Story. :P

I totally agree with you there jetz.