Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: I'm a damn liar  (Read 1774 times)

Offline msambuco

• Expert
    • View Profile
I'm a damn liar
« on: April 26, 2022, 06:24:12 PM »
But not intentional. I posted about a 125 build that never happened. Life and work got in the way.

But, as life would have it we now have 2 250's and a 125 that run great. Many bike bucks and effort spent correcting the ills of sitting so many years. My boys both have the 250's. I am in the 125. 59 tomorrow. And I can still hold the throttle open and feather the clutch. Arriving at Durhamtown GA tomorrow for 4 days of riding. The 250's are 2013 and 2015 Yamahas. Both stock basically.

The 2012 125 Yamaha is now my personal ride. It has Boysen reeds and cage, pro circuit pipe and silencer, but is otherwise stock. Had to replace the carb! F**k ethanol! Replaced fenders, outer clutch cover, flywheel cover, etc> Needs to look nice. New Pro circuit pipe on order to replace the one my kid lumped up.

Any ideas on true performance upgrades would be appreciated. 125 is now a started ongoing upgrade project. Price is no object but only if there is a performance gain. Going to concentrate on suspension settings as that is where most bikes suffer.

Anyway no longer a filthy damn liar. Project underway!
08 373 Fuzion Toyhauler
1 wife, 2 kids, 1 dog
A lot of toys
A map and a credit card
A lot of memories no one can take away

Offline msambuco

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: I'm a damn liar
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 05:11:15 PM »
So after riding at Durhamtown It is apparent I am feeling my age. Turned 59 and it is harder to keep the 125 in the powerband by feathering the clutch. So against my opposition to a big bore kit I am seriously thinking about doing that. Want to stay on the light weight 125 but could use a little more bottom end power for my riding ability which is slipping. Thinking about sending whole engine to Eric Gorr and then back into bike. Thoughts??

Glad to still be able to fly through the woods at my ripe old age!
08 373 Fuzion Toyhauler
1 wife, 2 kids, 1 dog
A lot of toys
A map and a credit card
A lot of memories no one can take away