Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Hey Guys, I need help over at Vital MX.  (Read 4315 times)

Offline Suzuki TS250/185

• Expert
  • No Thanks
    • View Profile
Hey Guys, I need help over at Vital MX.
« on: May 28, 2010, 01:52:15 PM »
I posted over there about Sleeter and Hangtown, and 2 minutes after I did, Guy B is all over me already!

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/MotoRelated,20/250-2-Stroke-Fails-To-Measure-Up-At-Hangtown,941529

Thanks!

Jim
I think 4 stroke dirtbikes are a phase, kind of like "Glam Rock" in a way. You see the whole world subscribing to it, and you wonder how everyone could be choking down so much Kool Aid and Spam... Then 10 Years later, nothing's left but the timeless stuff from before and after..

Offline KTMguy

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Guys, I need help over at Vital MX.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 02:02:48 PM »
Way to make yourself look like a moron.

Offline KTMguy

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 02:13:12 PM »
Oh yeah, and Glam rock is badass. Can't beat some RATT and Scorpion

Offline Suzuki TS250/185

• Expert
  • No Thanks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 02:17:42 PM »
Whatever...

My post is a combination of facts, and my opinions. The facts have been checked, they're correct. I'm free to express the opinions and you don't have to enjoy them.

For all I care you can listen to Poison, Wear Spandex, and ride skinny pipe bikes all day long!

Enjoy,

Jim
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 02:31:20 PM by Suzuki TS250/185 »
I think 4 stroke dirtbikes are a phase, kind of like "Glam Rock" in a way. You see the whole world subscribing to it, and you wonder how everyone could be choking down so much Kool Aid and Spam... Then 10 Years later, nothing's left but the timeless stuff from before and after..

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 02:25:45 PM »
oh man! Vital lol..
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline 6IX

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Exarte Pro
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 03:56:43 PM »
So after reading all that Im still not sure what your point is?

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 05:52:59 PM »
Whatever...

My post is a combination of facts, and my opinions. The facts have been checked, they're correct. I'm free to express the opinions and you don't have to enjoy them.

For all I care you can listen to Poison, Wear Spandex, and ride skinny pipe bikes all day long!

Enjoy,

Jim

Jim I totally understand your point..good job..crazy to hang-out in vital!
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline guybmoto

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 06:03:29 PM »

Oh good, I wasn't the only one. ;)

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 05:44:06 AM »
Personally,I'd love to see a 2t qualify for a main-just to see and hear it going.Still,as much as it pains me to say it,a 250 2t is at a competitive disadvantage these days compared to the 450's.No factory team or rider is going to be interested in getting poorer results than they could have just to prove,well,nothing really-any more than they would be interested in strapping 40lbs of lead to their bike just to see how they could do.
As for vital,I like it.Lots of good info,news-some drivel like all sites but the way some of the guys go at it makes me laugh right out on a regular basis :D
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline wintrader

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 06:29:13 AM »
Personally,I'd love to see a 2t qualify for a main-just to see and hear it going.Still,as much as it pains me to say it,a 250 2t is at a competitive disadvantage these days compared to the 450's.No factory team or rider is going to be interested in getting poorer results than they could have just to prove,well,nothing really-any more than they would be interested in strapping 40lbs of lead to their bike just to see how they could do.
As for vital,I like it.Lots of good info,news-some drivel like all sites but the way some of the guys go at it makes me laugh right out on a regular basis :D

Why the disadvantage? Is it ok to race 250 2 strokes against 250 4 strokes? Again laptimes of 250 4 strokes are not slower then 450 4 strokes!!!  So why should a 250 2 stroke be a disadvantage?

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 06:39:04 AM »
Lap times of 250 4t's are slower than those of the 450's-of course,how much of a discrepancy depends on the track layout.Likely you'll see a bigger difference outdoors than SX.The tracks are different now as well and less suited to the 2t than they used to be.In the end,power is power.450's have more than a 2502t and a 250 2t has more than a 250 4t.You can't just pick lap times of a certain race and say that's the way it is.Given that they're lighter,easier to handle and less tiring , legal -and if you're right-just as fast-how many 250 4t's do you see in the 450 class?
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline charlieofak

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2010, 01:08:06 PM »
Jim, I appreciate the info. on Sleeter, I was wondering what his history was at the Nationals/placings, myself. From the stuff I've read, it really sounds like he was out there because he thinks the 2t is fun, enjoys riding it and just to do his best (great that he was willing to do that and a great reason to ride). But everyone that loves the 2t is also waiting for the "hero", that is at the top of the rider list and willing to take on the 2t challenge. Who knows if or how that will ever happen (with the factories in charge), so anybody willing to take up the 2t at the National level and do their best, has got to be the 2t lovers HERO. It is interesting how close the times are between a 250f, 250 2t, and 450f, seems to really come down to the rider. As far as KTM goes (your insight was interesting), hard to say what these guys have in the back of their minds, but at least the're not Honda. As far as Poison, Scorpion, Ratt, etc.... ROCK ON!

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2010, 09:17:27 PM »
Lap times of 250 4t's are slower than those of the 450's-of course,how much of a discrepancy depends on the track layout.Likely you'll see a bigger difference outdoors than SX.The tracks are different now as well and less suited to the 2t than they used to be.In the end,power is power.450's have more than a 2502t and a 250 2t has more than a 250 4t.You can't just pick lap times of a certain race and say that's the way it is.Given that they're lighter,easier to handle and less tiring , legal -and if you're right-just as fast-how many 250 4t's do you see in the 450 class?

???????

Did you see the lap times from Hangtown ??

14 of the top 25 lap times for the weekend were by 250f's. And the 250f's now race after the 450's, so are on a rougher track.

Last year was the same. 250f's as fast or faster than the 450's.
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline 6IX

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Exarte Pro
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2010, 01:32:17 PM »

Oh good, I wasn't the only one. ;)

Hahahahaha.... Hey, you followed him over here.

Offline socalcajun

• Expert
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2010, 02:49:19 PM »
#1 You will never get the homies over at vital to agree even if they do agree.
#2 I'ii assume that you've been boarding long enough to know that multiple pharagraph posts get ate up on most boards and especially vital.
#3 The next time you post on Vital you have to drop a  4 letter bomb every other word. Gotta let know you're serious. :P

Just bustin your chops dude. Carry on. :D
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell Out of the Way