Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Fellow Americans, treat yourselves to American Motocross presented by Europeans!  (Read 2326 times)

Offline Suzuki TS250/185

• Expert
  • No Thanks
    • View Profile
Don't get me wrong, that Luongo guy sounds like a real asshole. But what kind of ass holes are WE, and the people who organize and present our national series???

It's just a week after the Hangtown round, the presentation of which can only be described as "Moe" streaming the video content to the internet, "Larry" running sound, and "Curly" struggling for the better part of a week to put some resuts up for people to look at.

Why can't our national series be presented this way? The GP series is a treat to watch! Sink your teeth into these delicious full-length motos, presented for free, and then wonder along with me why our national series comes off more like a garage sale than a national top level sanctioned racing series.

Maybe Alli Sports can show fans some mercy on this next round. Just cobble together whatever camcorder and camera phone footage they can and present it on YouTube. Nothing fancy, but at least we'd get to see it that same day!

Just follow the link below. All the Glen Helen USGP races are available to view.

http://extreme.com/mx-gp-2010/1012223/mx-gp-of-usa-mx1-race-1-replay

Thanks,

Jim
I think 4 stroke dirtbikes are a phase, kind of like "Glam Rock" in a way. You see the whole world subscribing to it, and you wonder how everyone could be choking down so much Kool Aid and Spam... Then 10 Years later, nothing's left but the timeless stuff from before and after..

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
You know... while I don't have time to watch it right now, I did watch the opening segment. It looks really good. I like it!
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline Suzuki TS250/185

• Expert
  • No Thanks
    • View Profile
Hey John,

It is good! You'll love it!

Enjoy the Texas round. Too bad for us it's not still the Broome Tioga round!

Thanks,

Jim
I think 4 stroke dirtbikes are a phase, kind of like "Glam Rock" in a way. You see the whole world subscribing to it, and you wonder how everyone could be choking down so much Kool Aid and Spam... Then 10 Years later, nothing's left but the timeless stuff from before and after..

Offline Suzuki TS250/185

• Expert
  • No Thanks
    • View Profile
Oh, one more thing... I forgot to say in my original post that you can skip the pre-gate fluff and advance straight to the racing action by advancing the slider on the video player. The ones for this content work really well.

Offline DangisMX

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Don't get me wrong, that Luongo guy sounds like a real asshole.

Some say he saved the European championship, and some say he is killing it. I must agree with the second opinion. There used to be 40 guys at the starting line EVERY race and if you did well you could at least get your money back, or even make a small profit, and I'm not talking podium place here. More like top 10 or even top 20. And now? We have about 20 racers at the start. No one can afford to race here any more. It's not the race between the best ,but between the ones with the best financial backing. Sad... :( there was an article about this somewhere if anyone is interested. Oh, there it is : http://motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/WHATS-WRONG-WITH-THE-GPS-THE-STORY-THAT-GIUSEPPE-L-5553.aspx

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
Good to see Ben Townley back from injury and winning again. :)
Go the Kiwi's.

I do like the presenter they have . Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside ;D
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough