Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Sound Testing unfair to the two stroke  (Read 12299 times)

Offline kim wedding

• View Profile
Sound Testing unfair to the two stroke
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2013, 10:14:19 PM »
If you and you're club member's, family member's as well as every rider that ride's the track get together and fight's for the track maybe you can win. I sure hope so. It would be nice to hear of a victory in the 2 stroke column. This post get's me mad. It seem's you're club has done more than enough to shut up the crybaby. When does it become their problem??? You need to think of every way the crybabiess are infringing on you're right's and make a federal case out of it.  SORRY about the lawyer up philosphy i'm saying , but sometime's you have to fight fire with fire. It suck's that between the insurance and the tax burden and now crybabies crying over the noise more and more track's are going the way of the dinosaur. Beside's 2 stroke's don't make noise pollution the sound 2 stroke's make are music to me ear's and probably your'es as well. So here's to the 2 stroke symphany. KIM
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline Jeram

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2013, 10:16:28 PM »
Its all about the noise at the property fenceline. Thats all that needs monitoring during race events isnt it?

Offline kim wedding

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2013, 10:46:17 PM »
Jeram you're idea of extending the stinger into the expansion chamber and cutting the sound level but not the performance sound's good ,but if it work's why doesn't someone already do this?????? The bike's are loud and anythinng that work's to quiet them down and not take away from their performance is awesome. I know of 2 guy's that had db snorkel exhaust add-on and both rider's said it took away from the top-end and over-rev same thing with the quiet q from fmf or the pro-circuit quiet exhaust. Which as far as i'm concerned is ruining the bike. KIM

Offline rlaj1004

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 08:54:51 PM »
Kim,

I like your idea to fight back and go after the cry babies, I just wish in this day and age it would actually work. We continue to coddle the weak, the lazy, the whiners, the stupid and igonorant. We lower our standards every year for our childrens schools or entry to college, or to get in a career. Unfortunately IMO Motocross, dirt bikes are outside the norm so just by being a rider you are outside the accepted. Large business' win because it benefits the community, like airports. How many places around the country have you seen have encroached on an airport and then complain that the 747 landing in there backyard upsets there dog poopsie.

As you said this stuff just makes me mad.
Ok off my soap box..........got to go find my happy place now LOL  ;D
Keep fighting for your rights suzukipride

Offline 2T Institute

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2013, 09:54:14 PM »
Jeram you're idea of extending the stinger into the expansion chamber and cutting the sound level but not the performance sound's good ,but if it work's why doesn't someone already do this?????? The bike's are loud and anythinng that work's to quiet them down and not take away from their performance is awesome. I know of 2 guy's that had db snorkel exhaust add-on and both rider's said it took away from the top-end and over-rev same thing with the quiet q from fmf or the pro-circuit quiet exhaust. Which as far as i'm concerned is ruining the bike. KIM

Mainstream aftermarket pipe manufacturers are solely interested in selling you a pipe.
Kim,

I like your idea to fight back and go after the cry babies, I just wish in this day and age it would actually work. We continue to coddle the weak, the lazy, the whiners, the stupid and igonorant. We lower our standards every year for our childrens schools or entry to college, or to get in a career.

Looks like  you never considered that people raising concerns may actualy legitimate and well founded concerns have you? The club and members are far better to engage with residents instead of dimissing their concerns. Attitude and behaviour can make all the difference, things like the way you enter and leave the venue. Best think that a race track is a privelige not your right, even if the club/track owner is smart you can negotiate a solution where you agree to close a track and move to a better venue councils will probably even assist.

Offline kim wedding

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 11:59:42 PM »
2TInstitute you're right about extending a olive branch to the complainer's, even bring them to the track and show them the beauty of moto-x, but we'll still be losing ground. I remember when carlbad in california got stolen from the world because of developer's wanting the land. As far as i'm concerned carlsbad was a national treasure and us rider's should be fighting for riding bike's or no riding bike's become's the law. I think their should be a moto-x track in central park in new york city.

Showing the hater's how the exhaust emission's aren't pollution ,but perfume. The sound isn't bad it's beautiful. it's physically demanding , visually stunning and the greatest motorized sport on earth. RIGHT NOW. If 2stroke dirt bike's never get any quieter or cleaner than they are today they still don't make up enought pollution to hurt you're ear's or health.

In the country of freedom out of all those freedom's to be here, my favorite freedom is to ride a 2 stroke 125 moto-x bike and their's people who don't even see that as freedom. It would be nice if you could show the other side you're view on this subject and settle it in you're favor. GOOD LUCK ON RIDING ON YOU'RE TRACK!!!!!!!!KIM

Offline Jeram

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2013, 12:27:57 AM »
No Its more of setting up a CLC (a community liason committee).

We have a similar situation where my work build a sewage treatment plan in the 1960s in the middle of nowhere and now have a century later houses back onto our propertly on all four fence lines.

You meet with them a few times per year so that both the club member delegated and the representatives of the community can discuss their concerns and issues and put things in place to resolve the issues.

Ei: you would do a presentation on the clubs meetings for the 3 months leading up to the committee meeting, showing all the good things the club does for the local community and the greater motorcycle community.
Then you present all of the sound level data for those same three months to show that it is all well within restrictions.

You will find that once this happens, if anyone outside of the CLC complains to the police, you can not only present them the sound data but also state that representatives of the community which were nominated by the community are satisfied that the sound levels from the track are well within both the EPA and council guidelines.

Offline 2T Institute

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2013, 04:50:16 AM »
That's a perfect templete to follow, if a CLC is pro-active with the council and work to resolve issues, soon the council will refer any complaints to the CLC as they have a process to resolve issues. Councils like that because it means no work for them. Complaints outside that process won't even get looked at. Also it gives the club a greater time to stop issues escalating out of their control. Just use lots of buzz words like 'complience measures' 'sound abatement stratergies' 'audited by accedited testers' 'community consultation' .
The club will also have to look at things they can and can't control. Such as you cannot stop housing development unless they by up the land around the track, it's wasteful and counter productive to rail agsinst anyone who bought a cheap house, near the race track. You can modify behaviours , and stop noise and dust.
The situation is a bit like live music venues, lots of times the the complaints against live music venues were not about the music in the venue but more about groups of people leaving the events late at night usualy drunk, then the surrounding residents get fights, bottles smashed, people pissing in their yards, vandalisim etc etc. If that was a regular occurance in your street would you be happy? What would you say to someone who said "Well you should have known when you bought a house near the venue".

Offline Jeram

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2013, 08:55:52 AM »
buzz word #5: "Acountic emissions monitoring and reporting program"

Offline rlaj1004

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2013, 02:48:17 PM »
2T
I started to respond to your comments and decided there is no point, as it is obvious how you think.

As Kim stated, good luck in the future to continue to ride on you're track

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2013, 03:09:47 PM »
94 DB is crazy. The Daytona YZ 250 put out 111 DB for AMA sound check with the FMF pipe and shorty.

Offline 2T Institute

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2013, 10:08:04 PM »
2T
I started to respond to your comments and decided there is no point, as it is obvious how you think.

As Kim stated, good luck in the future to continue to ride on you're track

What's "obvious"?  These days if you wish to stick your head in the sand and ignore complaints about noise your doomed. Blaming the complainant isn't going to save a track is it?
94 DB is crazy. The Daytona YZ 250 put out 111 DB for AMA sound check with the FMF pipe and shorty.

This track isn't Daytona, 111dB is a very generous level , 96dB is easily achievable without performance loss.

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2013, 11:16:05 PM »
yeah! rock music with amplifier! #1.

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2013, 05:22:28 AM »
Idk about the 737, I've seen rating's as high as 130db

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline msmola2002

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2013, 06:01:04 AM »
yes, but at what distance?

Says on that diagram it is from the washington marina - A quick google finds one in DC, across the potomac from ronnie reagan airport.

It's about 2 miles northeast of the runway (using my fat fingers to approximate distance on google maps). Assuming the plane does not turn and stays at the approx north south bearing of the runway, it is probably half a mile east of the plane taking off at whatever altitude the plane is at so that may be up to 3/4 of a mile away.

The 130 is probably next to the thing.

the 104db figure from gravelly point is a park that starts about 500' from the end of the runway, so pretty close, depending on where they put the meter.

and for racerx - Manowar, viking metal rockers formerly of auburn NY, (home of frozen ocean mx, useless tidbit of the day) has recorded noise levels of up to 139dB.