Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Show us your ride.  (Read 116100 times)

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Show us your ride.
« Reply #165 on: November 28, 2010, 08:56:31 PM »
Hey Ford, you are old enough to remember when (in the not too distant past) YZ's were pink? Freudian theory was thrown out the window long ago, now the preferred technique is to drug the patient into submission.All hail the pharmaceutical industry. :-X

In my spare time I'm slowly restoring a VERY badly abused 2002 TM 250MX and hopefully I'll have it ready for spring.

Maicos have been both red and blue over the years, not sure which color I like better.

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 29, 2010, 11:02:22 AM »
What was it with the Jap's in the 90's ?
Kawasaki's with purple frames, Pink Yamaha's, Suzuki's with lime green, i think Hondas went abit pink/purple as well.
Where was freud then ford ? ::)
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 29, 2010, 03:06:46 PM »
Hey Ford, you are old enough to remember when (in the not too distant past) YZ's were pink?

Quiet you!Now,let's never speak of this again :D

Let's see some before and progress pics of the TM 8)
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline ford832

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 29, 2010, 03:10:19 PM »
What was it with the Jap's in the 90's ?
Kawasaki's with purple frames, Pink Yamaha's, Suzuki's with lime green, i think Hondas went abit pink/purple as well.
Where was freud then ford ? ::)

He went psychedelic man-oh yeah :o
The tribal,jungle graphic pink/purple RM's get my vote as the fugliest of all time.At least we knew then where all the Maico designers went. :P

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 29, 2010, 06:17:31 PM »
They all got bought off by Honda for the 1982 Model-Year, actually.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 29, 2010, 08:59:41 PM »

At least we knew then where all the Maico designers went. :P

Hard to get a bite these days eh. :D

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 30, 2010, 09:06:24 AM »
Shhhh.... At this point in time MSS (Maico Secret Service) has Ford's place surrounded and we are covertly observing him.In clandestine meetings all over the globe we are debating his destiny.One suggestion that has been put forth is to just "shrink wrap" him to a tree in his backyard and we are arguing the merits of this solution. It must be precise and efficient, just like the Maico motorcycle. :D

Offline chump6784

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 30, 2010, 10:12:56 AM »
Hey guys. this is my bike, 07 model. this is the night i picked it up. All i have done to it since is steal the rear shock and fork springs from my missus bike as hers was set up hard and mine was soft as. it is THE nicest bike i have ever ridden, after racing kx's for six years they hold nothing to this...

Maybe not, but an old KX stand is holding up that Suzuki...

Ba dum tsshhh!

yep that is an old kx stand lol. it does the job

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 30, 2010, 11:01:12 AM »
That reminds me of a e-mail i got afew years ago sachs.
They used duct tape instead. ;)

Animal Rights Activists protested Leather-wearing at a biker rally.

HERE'S HOW POLICE FOUND ONE OF THEM.

Johnstown, PA (GlossyNews) - Local and state police scoured the hills outside rural Johnstown, Pennsylvania, after reports of three animal rights activists going missing after attempting to protest the wearing of leather at a large motorcycle gang rally this weekend. Two others, previously reported missing, were discovered by fast food workers "duct taped inside several fast food restaurant dumpsters," according to police officials.

"Something just went wrong," said a still visibly shaken organizer of the protest. "Something just went horribly, horribly, wrong." The organizer said a group of concerned animal rights activist groups, "growing tired of throwing fake blood and shouting profanities at older women wearing leather or fur coats," decided to protest the annual motorcycle club event "in a hope to show them our outrage at their wanton use of leather in their clothing and motor bike seats." "In fact," said the organizer, "motorcycle gangs are one of the biggest abusers of wearing leather, and we decided it was high time that we let them know that we disagree with them using it.ergo, they should stop."

According to witnesses, protesters arrived at the event in a vintage 1960's era Volkswagen van and began to pelt the gang members with balloons filled with red colored water, simulating blood, and shouting "you're murderers" to passers by.  This, evidently, is when the brouhaha began.

"They peed on me!!!" charged one activist. "They grabbed me, said I looked like I was French, started calling me 'La Trene', and duct taped me to a tree so they could pee on me all day!"

Still others claimed they were forced to eat hamburgers and hot dogs under duress  Those who resisted were allegedly held down while several bikers "farted on their heads."

Police officials declined comments on any leads or arrests due to the ongoing nature of the investigation; however, organizers for the motorcycle club rally expressed "surprise" at the allegations.

"That's preposterous," said one high-ranking member of the biker organizing committee.  "We were having a party, and these people showed up and were very rude to us.  They threw things at us, called us names, and tried to ruin the entire event.  So, what did we do?  We invited them to the party!  What could be more friendly than that?  You know, just because we are all members of motorcycle clubs does not mean we do not care about inclusiveness. Personally, I think it shows a lack of character for them to be saying such nasty things about us after we bent over backwards to make them feel welcome."

When confronted with the allegations of force-feeding the activists meat, using them as ad hoc latrines, leaving them incapacitated in fast food restaurant dumpsters, and 'farting on their heads,' the organizer declined to comment in detail. "That's just our secret handshake," assured the organizer.

WHO in the heck is stupid enough to protest against a bunch of bikers????  They are lucky this is ALL that happened to them!!

Offline Micahdogg

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 30, 2010, 01:08:04 PM »
Getting this thread back on track....the ole RM is gone.  And replaced with this:

2011 KTM 250SX, 1986 ATC250R

Offline cmiller493

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #175 on: November 30, 2010, 01:09:26 PM »
That is absolutely an amazing bike Micahdogg...thats a 2011 isnt it??

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #176 on: November 30, 2010, 01:19:02 PM »
That is a nice body on thhat KTM!  :D

Offline ford832

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 30, 2010, 01:36:08 PM »

At least we knew then where all the Maico designers went. :P

Hard to get a bite these days eh. :D

Agreed,and here I always felt I was a fairly able fisherman.Maybe my bait is lacking somehow.Oh well,I'll keep trying,I'm nothing if not persistent. :D

Cool looking bike Micahdog.How do you like it compared to the RM?

Offline ford832

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 30, 2010, 01:41:33 PM »
Shhhh.... At this point in time MSS (Maico Secret Service) has Ford's place surrounded and we are covertly observing him.In clandestine meetings all over the globe we are debating his destiny.One suggestion that has been put forth is to just "shrink wrap" him to a tree in his backyard and we are arguing the merits of this solution. It must be precise and efficient, just like the Maico motorcycle. :D

Sorry but you were observed today-I just didn't click in.Today is our garbage day so I just figured the extra people picking through the truck were just trainees or something and not Maico aficionados searching for better bits and pieces.
On the upside,if the restraint system you choose is Maico in origin it will likely fall off in short order and I'll escape back to Yamaland. :D

Offline Micahdogg

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 30, 2010, 01:52:02 PM »
Thanks all, yes it is a 2011 250SX.  I like it a lot better than the RM.  My RM had two nagging problems.  (1) someone milled the head and it needed at least 104 octane.  But it didn't seem to make enough extra power to warrant the race gas.  So I hated fueling up at $9/gallon.  (2) it had a nasty habit of stalling out when lugging.  Since I primarily woods ride, I would always be killing it when hopping logs or going through real technical stuff.  Otherwise it was a great bike, good power, great style, I had it jetted very good and ergonomically I fit it great.

The KTM I have to have SDG modify the seat and i have to get taller bars.  The jetting is clearly fat as it doesn't feel very crisp, but I'll leave it alone until break in is done.  Powerwise, it is a great motor.  I lugs beautifully and pulls strong through the midrange.  I haven't gone WOT yet, but I can imagine it'll be very acceptable.  I can't get over the level of detail either.  They have run so many pieces through the CNC it's not even funny.  Even the little tabs for the airbox lid are cnc'd aluminum.  It makes all the cast components of the Jap bikes look a little cheap.

It is balanced really really well too.  I was frequently coming to dead stops and just sitting there with my feet on the pegs.  Only real gripe I had was with the clutch. It modulates just fine, but it feels like it isn't fully disengaging.  I'll need to mess with the adjuster and possibly bleed it or play with tranny oil weight.  But overall, this is one NICE bike and once I get it sorted out I know I will have ZERO regrets.
2011 KTM 250SX, 1986 ATC250R