Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Is it me or have we slowed down a bit??  (Read 4900 times)

Offline Sapper

• Junior
    • View Profile
Is it me or have we slowed down a bit??
« on: February 13, 2013, 04:01:14 PM »
TSM was booming for awhile but it seems as traffic slowed a bit. It seems weird because more and more 2T's are showing up in the real world. CL is covered in thumpers wanting to trade for 2T's and alot of my sons friends are getting 2T's. We're spreading the word about TSM though. Guess we need to start having 2 stroke meets all over the US.

125's are almost impossible to find anymore and 250's are worth more than 250/450 thumpers.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »
If you want cheap & fast, it won't be good.
If you want cheap & good, it won't be fast.
If you want good & fast, it won't be CHEAP

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 05:24:26 PM »
It's non riding season for many places.Things slow down a lot on bike sites around here this time of year.
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline cnrcpla

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 05:42:24 PM »
There all out riding  ;D Like I wish I was but I'm trapped in the snow season

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 06:16:17 PM »
People start getting crabby this time of year too.On another site,one of the guys calls it  PMS-Parked Motorcycle Syndrome. :D
There's probably more than a little truth in it.
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline chump6784

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 06:18:58 PM »
I think another issue is there isnt much new happening in the two stroke world. A couple years ago when i got back into dirt bikes and into dirt bike forums it seemed that was when the tide was starting to turn towards 2 strokes. There were new topics bought up on here constantly and nearly every second topic on vital was 2 stroke. There were rumours of new models coming out like the alloy framed RM 125 that david pingree was sure was coming out and other things like that which never eventuated.

People in the real world may be turning to 2 strokes but that takes time. In the digital world things move fast, there is only so many times that a topic can be discussed before its just not worth bringing up again. When the OSSA was first announced it was huge news, now nearly a year on there is still no sight of them and people have moved on, that's the internet for ya.

Also there are are members on here who seem to fit the tin foil hat image very well. I get a laugh out of it but some people get all serious and just leave

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 06:46:58 PM »
 Yeah  the  weather   has  alot  to do with it ,  along   with   the economy.   The  last  4.5  years   have  been  real  bad,  trucking  is the  heart  beat  of  America.   Drivers   miles  are  way  down,  folks   are   not  buying  stuff  like they  used to.  So  no need  to  load  the  trailer  and deliver  the goods.  I,m  trying  to sell  my  low  hr  06 cr125,  nobody  has  money   and   they   have  it in  there  head  that a  used  2-st   are   not   worth   more than   2,500.   But   will   spend   over  6,000   on a   new   125,  banks   are easier   on  loans   for   new   bikes.  To sell   a   used   bike    ya   almost   have to find   a    guy with cash.   Our  local  track   held  races   since   1969,  it   closed   down  last  year   and   this  area  has   alot   of paper  industery   jobs.  That   are   stable   people need   tp  and  paper.  The  track  had  the  best  layout   you,ve  ever  seen,  alot  of   hills,  natural  amphitheater   for  spectators  they  covered  the hills.  A semi   trailer   full  of   food  and beer  would  be emptied ,  we  sent  people  into  town  to  buy  more.  It  went  from   600 -700  racers   to   hoping  for  200,  spectaters  way  down  too.   Bike  expences   way  up  too,  used   to be   1.99  trans  oil   now  9.99 ,  a  wiseco  125 gp  piston  is  152.00  now,  110  leaded  fuel   was   3.50   at the  same  pump  it,s   8.00  per gal.  now. 

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 09:08:17 PM »
its because racer x hasn't posted enough, people are losing intrest. take citab for instance he's about to leave.

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 09:52:54 PM »
its because racer x hasn't posted enough, people are losing intrest. take citab for instance he's about to leave.
Thats what i thought, best you be liftin ya game boy ;D
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 10:12:34 PM »
on it!

Offline kim wedding

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 10:49:06 PM »
I think alot of us never lost the fact that 2s are the better race machine and better fun machine.I think the reason the end of winter blue's is paticuliary bad this year is because so many rider are back on 2s and 2s are still down. No 2s national series, not many manufacture's making these toy's.

I mean how many guy's wouldn't kill to have a 2013 honda cr125 or whatever bike you like, in the back of their truck.I mean how many guy's out there are brand loyal? I am...Now maybe you'r thinking kim just added to you'r motocross misery,but i didn't. Just tryin to get us all up and movin forward.  FIGHTIN AND FUSSIN FOR MX... Now that's how to kick the p.m.s.  So in other word's we need to orginize and rebuild this sport. We need a great spokesman, a general, a great orator to pull us together. Someone who love's this sport and chompin at the bit to fight for it. Back in the day Roger Decoster was a great spokesman ,but now he's 4 crap. I know some of you wont like me saying that ,but i'm sick of people like ricky carmichael and jeff emig knockin 2s every 4crap race. If a rider loves 2s and want's to represent them.I say welcome back mx brother,but in the same breath if you got no love for 2s (SEE YEA WOULDN'T WANT TO BE YEA.

Maybe the tide is turning for 2s and if it is then it seem's to me we better get started.It's the second month of 12 and were burnin daylight.. KIM OR GENERAL KIM you decide????

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 10:52:13 PM »
Forum stats show consistent increase in members, new posts and replies.
All web traffic has its ups and downs.. damn real life ;)

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 10:59:24 PM »
charles with the stats! kim "general" suits you.HA!

Offline kim wedding

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 02:56:44 AM »
What are the number of member's on the tsm site? Racer-x, A general need's a good second in command as well as a army to lead. I joke about my place in it,but i hope someone who can do it step's up to the challenge and carries the 2s banner forth and if it turn's out to be a private who's the right man at the time more power to em. I think the first thing we need is to know our number's, where the biggest concentration of 2s rider's is located and start a serie's that best represent's us. If i can start a fire under 2s rider's then i done my job.  GENERAL KIM

Offline cnrcpla

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2013, 03:00:29 AM »
Kim, check out the site statistics on the bottom of the home page, view more stats, and you can see the total number of members (recruits), the total number of new recruits (members) signing up per day, the number of posts (battle plans), and topics, and pretty much everything.

Offline Suzuki TS250/185

• Expert
  • No Thanks
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 03:04:55 AM »
If like me, you're in the habit of looking at this forum first for news and fresh activity with regard to TwoStrokeMotocross.com, then things could be perceived to have slowed down. BUT, we have to keep in mind that TwoStrokeMotocross.com's web traffic and "Real time" web activity are more spread out now, with much happening on Facebook and Twitter and things like that.

There's TONS of activity in the TwoStrokeMotocross.com family of sites and pages, but there are now MORE sites and pages. Because of that, the stream of new posts and interactions in any one place is bound to slow a bit.

In the past, we used this board as our main "Real Time" exchange, and looked at the main page for the articles. Then we'd usually discuss those articles from the main page here, so traffic was very deep. Now we've decentralized that stream a bit, because we also interact on a real time basis through some of TSM's other channels.

It's not necessarily a bad thing, the Facebook and Twitter stuff is probably good for the site demographically. But at the same time, we have to expect it to weaken the pulse of this forum a little bit.

I think 4 stroke dirtbikes are a phase, kind of like "Glam Rock" in a way. You see the whole world subscribing to it, and you wonder how everyone could be choking down so much Kool Aid and Spam... Then 10 Years later, nothing's left but the timeless stuff from before and after..