Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Is it me or have we slowed down a bit??  (Read 5023 times)

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
Is it me or have we slowed down a bit??
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 05:25:00 AM »
If like me, you're in the habit of looking at this forum first for news and fresh activity with regard to TwoStrokeMotocross.com, then things could be perceived to have slowed down. BUT, we have to keep in mind that TwoStrokeMotocross.com's web traffic and "Real time" web activity are more spread out now, with much happening on Facebook and Twitter and things like that.

There's TONS of activity in the TwoStrokeMotocross.com family of sites and pages, but there are now MORE sites and pages. Because of that, the stream of new posts and interactions in any one place is bound to slow a bit.

In the past, we used this board as our main "Real Time" exchange, and looked at the main page for the articles. Then we'd usually discuss those articles from the main page here, so traffic was very deep. Now we've decentralized that stream a bit, because we also interact on a real time basis through some of TSM's other channels.

It's not necessarily a bad thing, the Facebook and Twitter stuff is probably good for the site demographically. But at the same time, we have to expect it to weaken the pulse of this forum a little bit.

Glad to see your still here TS. What happened to the crazy Vital antics?? That stuff was great. Really started a commotion. And the names you kept coming up with were something else. Classic.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 06:49:16 AM »
If like me, you're in the habit of looking at this forum first for news and fresh activity with regard to TwoStrokeMotocross.com, then things could be perceived to have slowed down. BUT, we have to keep in mind that TwoStrokeMotocross.com's web traffic and "Real time" web activity are more spread out now, with much happening on Facebook and Twitter and things like that.

There's TONS of activity in the TwoStrokeMotocross.com family of sites and pages, but there are now MORE sites and pages. Because of that, the stream of new posts and interactions in any one place is bound to slow a bit.

In the past, we used this board as our main "Real Time" exchange, and looked at the main page for the articles. Then we'd usually discuss those articles from the main page here, so traffic was very deep. Now we've decentralized that stream a bit, because we also interact on a real time basis through some of TSM's other channels.

It's not necessarily a bad thing, the Facebook and Twitter stuff is probably good for the site demographically. But at the same time, we have to expect it to weaken the pulse of this forum a little bit.

That pretty much sums it up..
We are trying to get some editors on board.
I'm spread pretty thin trying to create original site content, the team, arranging factory tours, meeting with sponsors..
Its hard being the site editor, webmaster, secretary, social media, photographer, promoter, driver, mechanic, etc, etc.
The sponsors and advertisers are being a huge help in more ways than I could have imagined.
We have some great like minded site and team sponsors coming on board, can't thank them enough!
BTW.. Wait til you see this YZ for Daytona ;)

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 01:43:25 PM »
I have to say based the the comments above, the well thought out, and well written comments...  are you sure you guys ride dirt bikes...   :o   ;D  JK!!!  Aren't dirt bike riders a bunch of punk kids with their hats on sideways???

No really I want to commend the posters above...  Its really nice to see a well thought out and a well written post.  And General Kim...  take no prisoners.. 8)
Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2013, 02:01:50 PM »
boring

Offline cnrcpla

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2013, 02:06:09 PM »
I'll be a TSM mechanic!  ;D With my trusty Kobalt tool box I'm unstoppable  8)

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2013, 02:09:20 PM »
HA!

Offline cnrcpla

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2013, 02:17:46 PM »
HA!
What's there to it? Turn a wrench, put some pistons in, all in a days work. And I would get to chill with the monster energy girls  ;)

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2013, 02:20:50 PM »
good plan.

Offline motoxr377

• Junior
  • RM GUY
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2013, 01:41:03 AM »
Also there are are members on here who seem to fit the tin foil hat image very well. I get a laugh out of it but some people get all serious and just leave

I don't care what you think. Major League Baseball IS spying on us!  ???