Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: 1992 KX500+ Pro Rider + Cycle Ranch Mx + Go Pro= SICK HELMET CAM FOOTAGE!!!!  (Read 7831 times)

Offline RPM168

• Novice
    • View Profile
RPM168 2 STROKE MADNESS @ Cycle Ranch MX 1992 KX500 BRAAAAAP!

Any questions?

Who wants to get railed by a 20 year old bike?

Funny note, was running faster lap times on this bike than I was on my Dialed in 2010 CRF450.

I just think people should respect the Green Machine and ima make sure it happens at Round 6 Of the Main Event Series at Cycle Ranch MX Park this weekend by lining up in the 450 A class on her...

Offline Swimr2DaResQ

• Expert
  • Awww Yeaah!!!
    • View Profile
That will be awesome! Good luck, and most of all have fun on that green monster! 8)
"Technology frightens me to death. It's designed by engineers to impress other engineers, and they always come with instruction booklets that are written by engineers for other engineers - which is why almost no technology ever works."

Offline xandyx

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
that's a hell of a bike man! do you allready feel your arms after that ride? eheh

Offline AFG

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Hi Ryan. I didn't know you had already posted the video, so I put it in the video section. I can watch it over and over. It was so cool seeing someone ride a 500 to it's full potential. See ya Friday.

Offline RPM168

• Novice
    • View Profile
I CAN'T WAIT! Love that bike and it's the most fun I have had in a long long time.

This weekends race is going to be sick.

Offline Suzuki TS250/185

• Expert
  • No Thanks
    • View Profile
Holy crap I think we get to see every Fooper on the track like 3 times each... :D
I think 4 stroke dirtbikes are a phase, kind of like "Glam Rock" in a way. You see the whole world subscribing to it, and you wonder how everyone could be choking down so much Kool Aid and Spam... Then 10 Years later, nothing's left but the timeless stuff from before and after..

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
Thats awesome! I love how it sounds like it goin slow and barely workin but them trees were goin by pretty bloody fast aswell as the speed through the corners! Good luck for the weekend, kick arse!
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline citabjockey

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • Yamaha Vintage Enduros
Good luck and be safe! Can't wait for your cam video of the race!

I CAN'T WAIT! Love that bike and it's the most fun I have had in a long long time.

Yamaha CT3, RT3, MX125, SC500, Toy Prius, Diesel F250 (it all balances out)

Offline Tharrell

• Novice
    • View Profile
Good luck and be safe! Can't wait for your cam video of the race!

X491 :) :) :)

Offline Premixed

• View Profile
I don't think I've ever been so scared, and had an erection simultaneously.

Offline citabjockey

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • Yamaha Vintage Enduros
So what do you think - holeshot or not this weekend? How good is the traction on the starting straight?  :o

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
Where is Cycle Ranch? Looks a bit like outback Australia
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline Tharrell

• Novice
    • View Profile
I don't think I've ever been so scared, and had an erection simultaneously.

That's what happened when I flat tracked my ATC250R 3 wheeler on a half mile dirt track  in 1985. :)

Offline AFG

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
So what do you think - holeshot or not this weekend? How good is the traction on the starting straight?  :o
Start straight is sandy clay mix ( deep and loamy ) with a concrete gate( concrete is textured not polished ), and is about 100yards long with a really gradual sweeping left. Can anyone say 70mph + goning into the sweeper. My money is on Ryan pulling a massive holeshot.  Cycle Ranch is located in Floresville Texas about 30-40 minutes south of San Antonio. They have pretty cool website http://www.cycleranchmx.com/. I love this Track! The dirt is phenominal and the amenities are unbelieveable for a MX track. Indoor showers, covered seating, giant awards pavilion, I could go on and on. This track is great for all levels of riders. If anyone goes to their site check out the Thanksgiving week race, tons of stuff to do ( they usually have a live band) in addition to racing and they serve you Thanksgiving Dinner as well.

Offline citabjockey

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • Yamaha Vintage Enduros
RPM - was I hearing some brake squeek on the video? (can't blame the brakes for whining given how you fly on that thing). Have you gone through them with a fine tooth comb? Rest of the bike ready for Race Day?

I still can't believe you were riding a 500 on the pipe nearly the whole time. Arms of steel dude!