Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: 1992 KX500+ Pro Rider + Cycle Ranch Mx + Go Pro= SICK HELMET CAM FOOTAGE!!!!  (Read 7987 times)

Offline RPM168

• Novice
    • View Profile
RPM - was I hearing some brake squeek on the video? (can't blame the brakes for whining given how you fly on that thing). Have you gone through them with a fine tooth comb? Rest of the bike ready for Race Day?

I still can't believe you were riding a 500 on the pipe nearly the whole time. Arms of steel dude!

I weigh 137.5 lbs...

I dont have arms of steel I just have grown up with a smooth riding style and that is what that bike needs

Offline ridered125

• Novice
    • View Profile
Can you ride that thing in the 450A class?

Offline Premixed

• View Profile
RPM - was I hearing some brake squeek on the video? (can't blame the brakes for whining given how you fly on that thing). Have you gone through them with a fine tooth comb? Rest of the bike ready for Race Day?

I still can't believe you were riding a 500 on the pipe nearly the whole time. Arms of steel dude!

I weigh 137.5 lbs...

I dont have arms of steel I just have grown up with a smooth riding style and that is what that bike needs

somebody give this man a ham sandwich STAT!

Offline citabjockey

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • Yamaha Vintage Enduros
I am thinking that lack of a post by Monday noon is not a good sign about this past weekend? Hope I am wrong (and just not patient ::))...  RPM - you ok?
Yamaha CT3, RT3, MX125, SC500, Toy Prius, Diesel F250 (it all balances out)

Offline AFG

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Saturday practice started off terribly as I ripped a hole all the way down to the tibia with the footpeg. There will be a link to the end of the post with a picture. However, in true 500 tradition I wrapped it up and finished a 5 lap sprint and put in a laptime that was within the top 5 of the day. Most of the B riders were in that top 5, Texas Sandbagging.

I was very sore but had to suck it up b/c I didn't know if I would ever get the opportunity again. So Mrs. Gilkey (Wife of the KX500 owner/"AFG") who is a Nurse doctored me up and I was ready to go for Sunday races. With an All night storm hitting strong the chances of a rain out were pretty big, but we headed out at about 5:45 and arrived with about 300 racers under the pavillion waiting for the Promoter to give us some word.

After a few hours of standing around, they finally cancelled the race. However, with everyone sitting around the Pavillion I figured the 500 deserved a half-time show to cheer up the spirit of Moto. So myself and my buddy Sam hit the starting gate, and launched off the gate. He was on a 450, and I walked him about 15-20 Bike Lengths off the gate and EVERYONE STARTED CHEERING! We completed a lap but not before 200 Racers, still in there gear, swarmed the fences and recieve FIVE DOUBLE OH sand blastings. It was prolly the sickest thing I have ever pulled and was nervous the track owner was gonna kick me out, but I didn't care.

After numerous riders gave Sam and I huge props, riders hit the track for a prade lap, some not even completing one b/c of the water intake. It was an epic weekend and left with everything I could ask for, Good memories.

Hope y'all enjoyed reading up, I had so much fun and plan on racing this bike at the Rain Date October 23rd.

here is the pciture of my leg, just below my KNEE...

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/320781_2021829154223_1498775103_1617753_746684301_n.jpg

Offline AFG

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
oops did this on Mr. Gilkey's computer, forgot to do it under RPM168, MY BAD!

Offline citabjockey

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • Yamaha Vintage Enduros
Interesting leg decoration there. Glad it was not worse! This was through the shin guards??? Hope its better for the 23rd, looking forward to updates and maybe some practice video before then!
Yamaha CT3, RT3, MX125, SC500, Toy Prius, Diesel F250 (it all balances out)

Offline AFG

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
$800 POD CARBON FIBER KNEE BRACES >:-D

my $15 knee pads coulda been better. I am selling them for $400 if anyone wants them.

Offline Mountain Goat

• Braap! Braap! Braaaaaap!
  • Junior
    • View Profile
Yeah, knee braces don't give much protection for stuff like that, esp Pods.

Still, dealing with that gouge is cheaper and less painful than knee rehab pads do nothing about.  Been there, done that.  More than once.
1997 RM250
2008 RM250
2008 KTM Super Duke R

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
Ouch! That looks painful! Hope ya heaal up quick for the next blast  :-)
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline Premixed

• View Profile
5 double oh blastings hahahahaha