Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: What do you do all day?  (Read 11905 times)

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
What do you do all day?
« on: August 16, 2011, 10:56:12 PM »
I recently had someone come take pics of me at work, thought i'd share.
What does everyone else do for a living?

Offline xX JonthE Xx

• Junior
    • View Profile
Re: What do you do all day?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 11:44:10 PM »
Not a damn thing.... Lol joke. I work at my mothers dog and cat hotel lol.

The thing i do most of the time is crop circles with my lawnmower. YEEEHAAAW!

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 01:05:04 AM »
Very cool, I am a stagehand at the local theater, and a part time college student.

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 05:41:07 AM »
Nice Stihl you got there NZ.I worked in the bush for a couple years running skidders,setting chokers and on the water (log booms etc.) before I went back to school.Really enjoyed it.Right now I'm developing a couple of rental properties (retirement funds - your money isn't safe in the bank anymore) and once these are done I may move back into the design/manufacturing arena. ;D

Offline EJ

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 07:25:40 AM »
I am a taxi driver in The Netherlands :D :)

Offline VintageBlueSmoke

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 07:39:15 AM »
Between posts at TSM,  :P  I run the computer networks for a Hospital in the Azores (Portugal) by day and work on old dirt bikes by night.
08 Speed Bird Quad 110, 08 KTM 144, 04 Suzuki LT-Z400, 03 Gas Gas EC, 300,97 Honda CR144, 96 Husky Boy 50, 88 Husky 400WR, 86 Honda CR125R, 80 Can-Am MX6 400, 75 Husky 360CR, 75 Husky 175CC, 73 Penton Jackpiner 175, 72 Husky 250CR, 72 Husky 125, 72 Rickman-Zundapp 125, (2) 71 Bultaco Pursang Mk

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 08:14:53 AM »
After two back surgeries, I am a full time student (Electrical Engineering Technology at California University of Pa). I will be 40 this November so it has been an experience to say the least being in school with all these young kids.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline yo_marc

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 09:46:24 AM »
Pretty cool stuff.  It's funny seeing what we have in common (or not!) with each other all the way across the globe.

I work in software engineering for a tech company. My main responsibility would probably be classified under the title of (Software) Release Engineer.  Got a fair sized background in Unix oriented IT work.

My wife has done a lot of theater work, and assists in directing a dance studio. I've been around the stage helping her out here and there.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 09:48:06 AM by yo_marc »
'00 RM250
'88 TRX250R

Offline snowboarderro

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 09:54:55 AM »
I WORK AT A DATACENTER (NEUTRAL COLOCATION )

I'M AN IT INGINER, BUT I AM NOT ALOWED TO TAKE PICTURES :)

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 10:04:11 AM »
Two Strokes all day everyday. And some 4 strokes through the shop that help support us, they are good for something. :)
My days usually consist of errands, e-mail, shop, and phone calls. And a topping of stress. :)
Nice thread. :)

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 02:30:03 PM »
Nice Stihl you got there NZ.I worked in the bush for a couple years running skidders,setting chokers and on the water (log booms etc.) before I went back to school.Really enjoyed it.Right now I'm developing a couple of rental properties (retirement funds - your money isn't safe in the bank anymore) and once these are done I may move back into the design/manufacturing arena. ;D
Thanks Sachs, yep stihl's the only way to go. the 660's pretty much all you see in the bush over here. Thats one tool they'll never be able to convert to 4stroke, thank god.
I love working in the bush, once it's in your blood you in for life.

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 02:33:57 PM »
Well be safe man. That can be a pretty dangerous profession. I've seen that show about logging on the Discovery channel  ;D
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline Swimr2DaResQ

• Expert
  • Awww Yeaah!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 10:09:16 PM »
Logging would be a cool job, I could get into that someday! As for now, I'm a USCG Rescue Swimmer, it's the only Job I have ever truly enjoyed. There is a lot of down time, waiting for something to happen, and a lot of training on a daily basis, but when the poo hits mother nature's fan it can get really intense, and fun!!
I applaud all of you guys that can sit behind a computer and/or take care of important things, I can't sit still long enough to learn to type properly! Hunt and Peck is my method, and it's a good thing my wife remebers to pay the bills!  :P
"Technology frightens me to death. It's designed by engineers to impress other engineers, and they always come with instruction booklets that are written by engineers for other engineers - which is why almost no technology ever works."

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 11:02:34 PM »
Good post,I thought of doing a similar 1. I drive truck  big surprise right, I,m doing the intermodal  thing, that,s a 53.6 foot iron box set on a chasis. Heavy loads from Wisconsin to the south side inner city of Chicago,some other states also. Heard a  odd noise in 63rd st. railyard, monday I found a bullett hole 4 inches in back of where I sit. It,s the most beatup I,ve everbeen, my body felt better from a high speed car wreck. I  had 13 jobs before I was 23, 2 of those where cutting trees down, climber and bucket truck stuff too, dropping a big tree is fun. I did that work in 3 states,then had 2 other jobs, then worked for Michels Pipe Line for 9 years, rail plow with a train,I had to take a class on how to maintain the train,and move it. I worked on the most powerful horizontal drill rig in the world,with every crossing record, I ran the mud rig,drill rig,cranes,track hoes,dozers,welder,mechanic,trucker,etc. Then like a idiot I quit, jack hammer 12 hr shifts, thru the Laborer union, other crap, was in the operrators union also,never had work. I broke my back in 96,had surgery in 02, and then decided to drive truck for a living. I love it everyday is different,meet new people everyday, I don,t care for the equipment though, and that,s  the most important. At the pipeline co. I worked in 45 states and Canada, the most fun job I ever had, are crew was fun, are phrase was 1 you pass up is 1 less you,ll ever have,  ;D pertains to chics. I,m about to have my 3rd different driving job this year,people say stay put, I say I,m not giving up. All the driving jobs are all really different, 1 was pulling a tanker hauling chocolate 48 st., Canada mostly Chicago to east coast.

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 11:23:05 PM »
Good post,I thought of doing a similar 1. I drive truck  big surprise right, I,m doing the intermodal  thing, that,s a 53.6 foot iron box set on a chasis. Heavy loads from Wisconsin to the south side inner city of Chicago,some other states also. Heard a  odd noise in 63rd st. railyard, monday I found a bullett hole 4 inches in back of where I sit. It,s the most beatup I,ve everbeen, my body felt better from a high speed car wreck. I  had 13 jobs before I was 23, 2 of those where cutting trees down, climber and bucket truck stuff too, dropping a big tree is fun. I did that work in 3 states,then had 2 other jobs, then worked for Michels Pipe Line for 9 years, rail plow with a train,I had to take a class on how to maintain the train,and move it. I worked on the most powerful horizontal drill rig in the world,with every crossing record, I ran the mud rig,drill rig,cranes,track hoes,dozers,welder,mechanic,trucker,etc. Then like a idiot I quit, jack hammer 12 hr shifts, thru the Laborer union, other crap, was in the operrators union also,never had work. I broke my back in 96,had surgery in 02, and then decided to drive truck for a living. I love it everyday is different,meet new people everyday, I don,t care for the equipment though, and that,s  the most important. At the pipeline co. I worked in 45 states and Canada, the most fun job I ever had, are crew was fun, are phrase was 1 you pass up is 1 less you,ll ever have,  ;D pertains to chics. I,m about to have my 3rd different driving job this year,people say stay put, I say I,m not giving up. All the driving jobs are all really different, 1 was pulling a tanker hauling chocolate 48 st., Canada mostly Chicago to east coast.
Holy s**t bullet holes in the cab, thats crazy.
Do you have trouble keeping fit being a truck driver? I've got couple mates driving and they seem to be getting bit rounder  :D