Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Budds Creek. Who's going? Will Jeff Gibson Be There? Pics? Videos?  (Read 2932 times)

Offline Suzuki TS250/185

• Expert
  • No Thanks
    • View Profile
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering who from this site will be at Budds Creek this weekend for the National?

I saw on one of the message boards that Jeff Gibson plans to be at Budds, and I presume that he'll be there with the 2 stroke.

Has anyone seen the pre entry list? Perhaps Ty Newcome #467 plans to be there also?

At the last minute before High Point, I tried to get in touch about filming and photographing the 2 stroke guys. I knew there wasn't much time for me to get a message here on the board, so I left a cell # where I could be reached and I also called John Nicolas to try to get in touch with Charles. I didn't hear from anyone before the race started, so I put the cameras back in the truck as the inclement weather threatened and finally closed in.

I'll be at Budds this weekend and can get footage of the riders on the track, and do the interview spots people were talking about last week.

Let me know if we can do that. I won't be leaving for the track until Friday evening.

Thanks,

Jim
I think 4 stroke dirtbikes are a phase, kind of like "Glam Rock" in a way. You see the whole world subscribing to it, and you wonder how everyone could be choking down so much Kool Aid and Spam... Then 10 Years later, nothing's left but the timeless stuff from before and after..

Offline Kembo693

• Junior
    • View Profile
Re: Budds Creek. Who's going? Will Jeff Gibson Be There? Pics? Videos?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 05:14:56 AM »
I really hope a bunch of 2-stroke guys will be there trying to make the main. And now that Newcome and Gibson did good job with it, I think that will courage more and more two-stroke riders to come and try it out. And I think that Budds Creek will actually fit pretty good for two-strokes.

BATTLE: Budds Creek - April 24 - 250 A - Moto 1 (MXPTV)

Here is some footage from MAMA series earlier this year by MXPTV, you can really see that two-strokes work pretty well there. And if I'm not completely wrong, there is quite a bunch of two stroke guys racing them full time in the north-east area. Check out MXPT videos and you will find some epic two stroke action in almost every race.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 05:19:39 AM by Kembo693 »

Offline Motox55

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 05:21:51 PM »
I for sure saw Gibson #88 on the pre- entry list it was a really long list this week.

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 09:43:56 PM »
Every time I hear a 250F on the limiter all I can think of is....................................

Pink Floyd Money Original Video 1974

:D :D :D
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 12:08:13 AM »
Hahaha this is getting a bit off topic. I'm pretty sure Gibson will be there though.
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline Kembo693

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 12:21:13 AM »
Hahah lol TMKIWI, right on!  :D

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 05:54:32 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering who from this site will be at Budds Creek this weekend for the National?

I saw on one of the message boards that Jeff Gibson plans to be at Budds, and I presume that he'll be there with the 2 stroke.

Has anyone seen the pre entry list? Perhaps Ty Newcome #467 plans to be there also?

At the last minute before High Point, I tried to get in touch about filming and photographing the 2 stroke guys. I knew there wasn't much time for me to get a message here on the board, so I left a cell # where I could be reached and I also called John Nicolas to try to get in touch with Charles. I didn't hear from anyone before the race started, so I put the cameras back in the truck as the inclement weather threatened and finally closed in.

I'll be at Budds this weekend and can get footage of the riders on the track, and do the interview spots people were talking about last week.

Let me know if we can do that. I won't be leaving for the track until Friday evening.

Thanks,

Jim

Hey Jim,

Sorry I didn't get your message until Saturday morning... I thought it was too late to call by then as practice had started.

Did you get in touch with Charles?

John
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 06:30:58 AM »
I can't make it to Budds Creek this weekend, Gibson will be there. Ty will not, as of right now his plans are Steel City and Unadilla.
Jim if you could get pictures or video, and maybe get to speak with Jeff that would be great!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 06:32:33 AM by Charles Owens »

Offline compmoto

• GASGAS dealer
  • Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 05:39:45 AM »
Hi , as member of Southern MD Dirtriders, I was afforded the opportunity to flag the amateur day races at the Triple Up jump set, and wanted to say , I was impressed to see many 2 strokes, in many (full size) classes ! More importantly, they seemed to be doing quite well ! CRs, YZs, RMs, KXs, and KTMs ! It smelled good ! Even a lone Banshee did very well in one of the quad classes ! On a sidenote, our club had 12 no-shows/no calls for the pro race on Sat. ! WTH ? Free "front-row" seating for the Budds Creek Pro Nat'l , and local completion of the workday requirement  for club membership, and they bitched -out ? Where are the moto-ethics , these days ?
RMX250,YZ125,Maico490,RD400,RZ350

Offline Suzuki TS250/185

• Expert
  • No Thanks
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 11:56:49 AM »
Hello,

Thanks for letting us know about all the machines that participated in the amateur race. Unfortunately, the pro race was much more boring by comparison!

I would gladly have traded my paid for ticket to the pro national for the chance to watch the races you got to see, especially that banshee!

I was able to get some footage of Robert Kraft and Jeff Gibson on raceday. Just very short clips as there weren't many very good vantage points available.

Thanks,

Jim
I think 4 stroke dirtbikes are a phase, kind of like "Glam Rock" in a way. You see the whole world subscribing to it, and you wonder how everyone could be choking down so much Kool Aid and Spam... Then 10 Years later, nothing's left but the timeless stuff from before and after..