Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: race sag static sag  (Read 6849 times)

Offline beckvall

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: race sag static sag
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2011, 10:40:43 AM »
ok thanks. but there is one more thing. is the rear suspension supose to bottom out?
is from Sweden so excuse my bad English
honda 4 life!

Offline George

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2011, 11:01:44 AM »
No, it should never bottom out, within reason, on my shock it has bottom out controll, but thats a fox podium, but if you set the sag up first, then play with the clickers to fine tune it you should get it working good

Offline beckvall

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2011, 06:20:46 AM »
ok how is the fork supose to behave? my kyb cartride is a bitt soft i thing hos is the sag on them?
is from Sweden so excuse my bad English
honda 4 life!

Offline George

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2011, 06:30:18 AM »
Its really difficult to measure sag on the front forks theres a lot of sticktion on them when your stood still, so its best to talk to a suspension guy and see if your body weight needs a harder/softer spring

Offline dk

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2011, 04:27:43 PM »
Ha Ha, Duh Ford, it is an 07 KX250 ;),the forks ARE flush with the clamps. Pro Circuit doesn't have the link in stock, and they don't have any plans to produce more, I can't find anyone who does stock it. I had my suspension guru valve the shock knowing about the extra 10- 15mm of sag and the spring being 1 rate stiffer for my weight, it's real good now.
If you can find one even used, send me a link, I will sell a kidney if I have to.

Have you tried ordering lately?  I bought my PC linkage back in Sept 10' for a 2006 kx 250.

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2011, 08:16:00 AM »
No I haven't. But I'll pass on it. Since I had the suspension re valved, and installed the proper rate fork springs for my weight. It is now the best handling bike I have ever ridden in the conditions I ride. I reset the sag to 110mm (from 115mm) as it was feeling a little sluggish turning in the tight stuff since the fork no longer dives going into turns. This took a little getting used to for sweepers with Ginormous brake/acceleration mounds at the apex but it became second nature after a few miles. 8)
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline dk

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2011, 10:04:40 AM »
No I haven't. But I'll pass on it. Since I had the suspension re valved, and installed the proper rate fork springs for my weight. It is now the best handling bike I have ever ridden in the conditions I ride. I reset the sag to 110mm (from 115mm) as it was feeling a little sluggish turning in the tight stuff since the fork no longer dives going into turns. This took a little getting used to for sweepers with Ginormous brake/acceleration mounds at the apex but it became second nature after a few miles. 8)

Awesome!  Good to hear that you have it dialed. Happy moto's!