Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: freestyle is going 4 stroke..arghhhhhh  (Read 10818 times)

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
Re: freestyle is going 4 stroke..arghhhhhh
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2011, 10:00:00 AM »
Haha well at least your admitting that its because youre lazy  :P
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2011, 11:51:02 AM »
Jeremy Sledger is one of the newest riders in MX and he recently was at Glen Helen track and tearing it up.  His bike is one of a kind, he used to ride 2 strokes when he was in the little tykes (65, 80) league but when he went up he went to 4 strokes.  He recently had an interview with RacerX magazine and he was saying that when he went to 4 strokes he couldnt' believe how good they were compared to 2 strokes.  He said that he was completely convinced that more strokes is better and so he has a one of a kind bike.  It's a factory 6 stroke Honda, very new and everyone will be switching to it because more is better and they are actually working on a 12 stroke which would be SO awesome.  it would be a 2000cc bike though so it could complete in the lites races.  The 6 stroke he has, the first stroke requests that the gas tank deliver some gas.  The second stroke requests air from the air filter.  The 3rd stroke recieves both air and gas.  the 4th stroke mixes the air and gas together.  The 5th stroke combusts the air and gas mixture and the 6th stroke will push out the exhaust.  jeremey says adding more strokes is so awesome, that his vision of a 124 stroke motor with a few optional strokes that happen at the end of the race which do things like deliver water into a hose he can drink out of or even order food for delivery so it's ready at the finish line and even order its own rebuild kit every race.  of course, the bike would be as big as a 747, and probably one of the heaviest bikes in the world and need to do 100,000 RPM but that's fine he said, Honda is perfectly happy rebuilding the engine after each stroke :)

« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 11:55:17 AM by opfermanmotors »
Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline Suzuki TS250/185

• Expert
  • No Thanks
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2011, 02:52:39 PM »
I like 4 strokes, I'll pose and pretend I like 2 strokes, but I LOVE dirtbikes. Although I'm a diehard fan, my 450 is down for a few months after shitting a valve, so until the lazy guys at the garage can replace 3rd gear it can't go anywhere. I had a blast on the 4 stroke last time it was running last year, but the damn thing wore out in 2 laps! :P I'll always keep a 4 stroke around to use for a giant paper weight.
I think 4 stroke dirtbikes are a phase, kind of like "Glam Rock" in a way. You see the whole world subscribing to it, and you wonder how everyone could be choking down so much Kool Aid and Spam... Then 10 Years later, nothing's left but the timeless stuff from before and after..

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2011, 04:39:40 PM »
^^^what a (edited) this guy is....once again trolling when absolutly nothing I posted had anything to do with him or his opinion. He's a perfect example of a washed up trail rider who has to talk big on the internet because he's to old and slow to do it in person. Just because I dont go along with all this "war against the 4 stroke....the 4 stroke is destroying our sport" bologna it makes me the outcast. Believe it or not ts250, its very possable to like both strokes...in fact I would say that is how 75% of the moto world feels.

Do you even ride anything besides that old 185? How are you such an expert on modern motocross bikes? Id be willing to bet I could lap you in my sleep and Ive never blown up a 450 so Im sure you havent either  :-* :-*

Rant over....I apoligize to ACMX, Charles, Coop, and anyone this may offend. This guy obviously has a problem with my opinions because theyre not the same as his.

(rant edited to protect the semi-innocent) (rant re-edited because I said nothing out of line besides maybe the third word...I appolgize)

ME REPRESENTIN THE 2 STROKE for TS

« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 11:34:07 PM by snook620 »
2000 YZ 125 under construction

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2011, 11:52:37 PM »
He's just yankin your chain  :D Just stand back and look at the humor in it.

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2011, 05:55:09 AM »
I do believe that is the funniest shit I have heard all year opfermanmotors, LMMFAO!!!!!
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2011, 08:14:54 AM »
It is through fraud and misrepresentation that the general public has had this 4T fiasco rammed down their throats.I wonder how the motorsports sanctioning bodies will respond when they have to finally acknowledge the fact that,not only are the latest DI 2Ts as fuel efficient as 4Ts,but that they also emit LESS total pollutants?

The latest batch of 4Ts is damaging the sport,one look at sales figures and race attendance will tell you that.I realize that the economy has yet to recover but the downward spiral goes far beyond that.

Offline ktm150rippa

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2011, 08:47:53 AM »
not callin any1 out personally here but my distaste comes from this whole "lazy" approach to riding a motorcycle. Honestly who rides to be lazy? Ahhh yes lets just cruise in third around a race track sounds like alot of fun ppl's outlook on hard work these days is just down right embarrassing. I dont know about yall but I dont feel safe riding on the same track as some1 who wants to ride lazy. Anyways flame on that was my rant for today!

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2011, 10:37:45 PM »
Sorry I didnt respond sooner....I was busy at the Indy SX all day.

not callin any1 out personally here but my distaste comes from this whole "lazy" approach to riding a motorcycle. Honestly who rides to be lazy? Ahhh yes lets just cruise in third around a race track sounds like alot of fun ppl's outlook on hard work these days is just down right embarrassing. I dont know about yall but I dont feel safe riding on the same track as some1 who wants to ride lazy. Anyways flame on that was my rant for today!

Since this was obviously directed towards me I guess Ill respond accordingly. 'Lazy' is a figure of speach I used being sarcastic. I know for a fact I can "lazily" lug my 450 around in 3rd and still run faster lap times than if I was working my ass off on a 2 stroke. I dont know about YOU....but I dont feel safe riding something I have to shift on a face of a jump spinning the tire the whole way off praying it stays straight.

The latest batch of 4Ts is damaging the sport,one look at sales figures and race attendance will tell you that.

How is race attendance damaged? I just got home from a sold out stadium were 65,000 people came to watch those sport damaging thumpers race. The downward spiral of the economy had absolutly nothing to do with 4 strokes.

He's not being humerous, hes being a jerk. He was also obviously the person who set up the fake profile a while back to troll on my postes....he just about repeated word for word browntrout620 posted before he got banned.. Check the IP adress and I bet a $1 Im right

P.S. On a side not Id like to say our local hero, Ryan Sipes got his first win tonight. He's a perfect example of someone who enjoys riding 2 strokes but races 4 strokes. Flame on guys, flame on. I love it  ;D

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2011, 11:16:33 PM »
:)...I like 2 strokes, I like 4 strokes, I LOVE dirtbikes. Although Im not a die hard fan, if Im going racing Ill grab my 450 every time just because Im old and lazy and like riding something smooth and can leave in 3rd gear everywere. I had a blast on the 2 stroke I raced last year but the damn thing wore me out in 2 laps  :P  Ill always have a 2 stroke around to play and tinker with.

You're 100% on the money there i reckon.
If i had to achieve the best possible results i'd be crazy not to be on a 4 stroke, i can definately lap faster for longer on one so could 95% of the other riders out there. I just don't find them exciting to ride, and like a challenge.
 I'm talking openclass here, 250 vs 250's another story.
I'm pretty damn positive that ced soubeyras could lap faster on a 450 than the 2502t.
 None of that means i like or appreciate the big four or the AMA's attempts to sink the smoker, and i'll also never buy a fourstroke but i am realistic about how good the modern 4 bangers are.

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2011, 11:27:06 PM »
You're 100% on the money there i reckon.
If i had to achieve the best possible results i'd be crazy not to be on a 4 stroke, i can definately lap faster for longer on one so could 95% of the other riders out there. I just don't find them exciting to ride, and like a challenge.
 I'm talking openclass here, 250 vs 250's another story.
I'm pretty damn positive that ced soubeyras could lap faster on a 450 than the 2502t.
 None of that means i like or appreciate the big four or the AMA's attempts to sink the smoker, and i'll also never buy a fourstroke but i am realistic about how good the modern 4 bangers are.

Thank you....and I agree 100,000% it sucks the 2 stroke has taken such a huge hit from the AMA changing the rules to help the make a 4 stroke the obvious choice when it comes to racing.

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2011, 08:13:18 AM »
Motorcycle sales have decreased in North America in each of the last four years,with sales in the U.S. dropping 36 % last year.Of the 12 Honda Super Centres created in Canada in the last couple of years,3 have already gone under.Last I heard,Toronto (Canada's largest city) does not have a Honda motorcycle dealer.

When I spoke of attendance I was referring to local events and from the perspective of the rider - there is a reason sales have taken a nosedive.Jody Weisel has commented that he is amazed at how many fellow baby boomers he sees at the races and goes on to explain the reason for this,only old guys (like myself) have the resources to keep fragile 4Ts running.Young up and coming riders have been dealt the double blow of a lousy economy and expensive machinery and the results are beginning to reveal themselves on the showroom floor.

Sales of big bore Euro bikes are way up (BMW sales are up 30 %) - it's the boomers that have the cash and they don't want Japanese bikes.

Offline rbigair40

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2011, 07:01:14 PM »
good            bad
ktm 4s         crfs                        so since most people ride hon/kaws/suz that is where
 yz2s           rmz250                      all the bad durability issues come from!! i work on only race bikes   
ktm 2s         kxf250                        and thats what i see .
rmzs  450      bergs(old)
yzfs   
rm 2s
cr 2s
kx 2s             
bergs(new)                   
           husky                            not in order but ktm and yzf would be at the top

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2011, 07:47:54 PM »

He's not being humerous, hes being a jerk. He was also obviously the person who set up the fake profile a while back to troll on my postes....he just about repeated word for word browntrout620 posted before he got banned.. Check the IP adress and I bet a $1 Im right

You suspect he's a troll and you're still feeding him?

Don't feed the trolls.

Offline KXwestYZ

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2011, 04:12:21 AM »
Sorry I didnt respond sooner....I was busy at the Indy SX all day.

Since this was obviously directed towards me I guess Ill respond accordingly. 'Lazy' is a figure of speach I used being sarcastic. I know for a fact I can "lazily" lug my 450 around in 3rd and still run faster lap times than if I was working my ass off on a 2 stroke. I dont know about YOU....but I dont feel safe riding something I have to shift on a face of a jump spinning the tire the whole way off praying it stays straight.

The latest batch of 4Ts is damaging the sport,one look at sales figures and race attendance will tell you that.

How is race attendance damaged? I just got home from a sold out stadium were 65,000 people came to watch those sport damaging thumpers race. The downward spiral of the economy had absolutly nothing to do with 4 strokes.

P.S. On a side not Id like to say our local hero, Ryan Sipes got his first win tonight. He's a perfect example of someone who enjoys riding 2 strokes but races 4 strokes. Flame on guys, flame on. I love it  ;D

wish you'd bore off