Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: freestyle is going 4 stroke..arghhhhhh  (Read 10825 times)

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: freestyle is going 4 stroke..arghhhhhh
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 03:14:57 PM »
I wonder how that 4T likes running upside down (oil starvation anyone)? :-X

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 03:41:30 PM »
dont recall saying i wish some1 gets hurt i've cased a jump before and not been injured busted balls maybe but i wouldnt ever say ya i hope nate adams 450 locks up and he crushed his chest cavity on his handle bars. Assumptions are like butt holes every1 has one and yours really stinks

How many 120 foot freestyle doubles have you cased? If a motor locks up on a jump like that I dont think your just going to bust your balls  :P
2000 YZ 125 under construction

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 06:48:16 PM »
Well he meant it with the best intentions  ::)
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2011, 06:54:34 PM »
How many 120 foot freestyle doubles have you cased? If a motor locks up on a jump like that I dont think your just going to bust your balls 

He'll be OK if he was drinking red bull
Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2011, 07:53:41 PM »
This is inevitable.
The 2t Hondas they use are older bikes now.
And, as in racing, bike sponsors have, mainly 4ts to give, and what they want to promote. They'll get a lot of change over amongst the 'extreme dudes'.
EFI has made the 4ts a damned site safer than they are with a carb, when it comes to all the gymnastics the bikes go through.

It is, what it is.................  :(

Dead right unfortunatly.
Would be good to see the likes of Husaberg or Husky stump up with some bikes for these guys.
KTM are not going to supply bikes to all of them.
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline westsiderippa

• Expert
  • win on a 2t your a hero, lose just blame the bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2011, 08:13:34 PM »
gotta remember something here guys. he's not bouncing that crf off the rev limiter all dam day 3-4 days a week and racing 4-6 motos on sunday, like we serious mx guys do. they hit big kickers all day then find a new line then hit it again over and over. the only time that bike even comes close to being pinned is when he needs to panic rev it, lol.

Offline EJ

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2011, 10:14:42 PM »
It's probably not his own money, since he has sponsors. ;)
But as long as we don't see 2 Strokes in Pro races and get positive tv&internet broadcasts,
we will remain on the background, despite all progress....

And of course it's got to do with the people who are in charge of everything.
The rule makers, and the people that work in the media industry.
THEY descide what they will broadcast, and what the mass public get's to watch!!!

In this clip, they are laughing at 2 strokes, altho he didn't really say a bad thing about 2 strokes.
Just that the untrained masses who watch this, think it's cool to have a 4 stroke coz all the pro's
have them, and they handle supreme as well otherwise the they wouldn't use 'em in FMX :-\ ??? :(

Offline Suzuki TS250/185

• Expert
  • No Thanks
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2011, 10:30:37 PM »
Haha, that looks kind of like the 360 front flip Jake Moss did accidentally at Dortmund.

His fooper was gasping and farting desperately around the track when suddenly, it's last desperate "...foop!..." was heard as it went up the face of a big step up...

Then it was 360 front flip time, supercross style. No foam pit for that piece achit!

Yay.... Foopercross!

Foop!
I think 4 stroke dirtbikes are a phase, kind of like "Glam Rock" in a way. You see the whole world subscribing to it, and you wonder how everyone could be choking down so much Kool Aid and Spam... Then 10 Years later, nothing's left but the timeless stuff from before and after..

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2011, 10:38:13 PM »
Well he meant it with the best intentions  ::)

I know...Im just jerkin  ;D  but some of the anti 4t comments on here are a little rediculas sometimes.

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2011, 12:06:07 AM »
Yeah I don't mind messin with the four stroke guys... But everyone must remember, this site is made to promote two strokes, it was not designed to bash four strokes.

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

Offline snowboarderro

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2011, 05:13:54 AM »
i've been whanting to say this for a long time

i have a 2 stroke and a 4t

i ride the 4t only in the woods (5-10 times a year)

the questions is:

if you like racing and it is your "job",and someone pays you to ride their bike or gear

would say no becouse the bike is a 4t?

i love the 2t bike but if someone gives my a bike to ride it for free or pay me,i don't give a shit what brand it is ,stroke,cc :)

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2011, 05:18:47 AM »
snowboarderro I agree....  I too have a 2 and a 4 stroke, of course the 4 stroke is 1100cc's and is a cruiser...   :P  My son prefers a quad, and he rides a 4 stroke.  I agree different strokes for different folks.  Pick the one you prefer, and lets all have some fun.
Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2011, 06:16:56 AM »
I have a 4 stroke dual sport, if I could find a two stroke dual sport I'd eagerly trade for it.
I have ridden many four strokes, mostly Honda XR's. a few newer YZ 250fs, KX450f, KTM 250xcf, Honestly my favorite motor was the XR200 with an FMF exhaust. Bullet proof, effective, fun power. that motor in a modern chassis would be a serious woods weapon for me. reliable and low maintinance.
But I think that four stroke mx bikes are too heavy for freestyle, and unless you're a freestyler at the highest level with a fullride, a mechanic and titanium everything, it's just not feasable.
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2011, 09:42:00 AM »
Yeah... I've ridden a yz250f and 450f... I hated it. There was hardly any pull in the top end. All the power was down low, and I hate riding down low. I like to keep my rpm's up. Never gonna own a four stroke for any moto purposes. But some people enjoy riding that way, so I'm not going to bash them for that. But if they come to me, and begin bashing two strokes or me personally, thats is the only time I would bash four strokes. For instance, the video I made for tsm a week or so ago, was because I got into a debate with a friend and I wanted to prove a point.

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2011, 09:58:09 AM »
 :)...I like 2 strokes, I like 4 strokes, I LOVE dirtbikes. Although Im not a die hard fan, if Im going racing Ill grab my 450 every time just because Im old and lazy and like riding something smooth and can leave in 3rd gear everywere. I had a blast on the 2 stroke I raced last year but the damn thing wore me out in 2 laps  :P  Ill always have a 2 stroke around to play and tinker with.