Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: YZ Project pics.  (Read 64661 times)

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
Re: YZ Project pics.
« Reply #150 on: July 01, 2011, 04:15:36 PM »
I want one but its like... That much money for a new spark plug cap? Nahh.
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 02, 2011, 07:35:32 PM »
The bike turned out spectacular! Very, very nice job. Its sounds awsome to!

I love threads like these. Build a 250 next!
2000 YZ 125 under construction

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #152 on: July 03, 2011, 07:04:48 AM »
Thanks guys!  Our next build will be a 250. :)

Offline EJ

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 03, 2011, 12:27:39 PM »
Sweet.  :)

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 04, 2011, 05:53:41 AM »
Thanks guys!  Our next build will be a 250. :)

How about I loan (hint hint) you a KDX for a woods project bike... :D :D
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 06, 2011, 06:19:29 AM »
Thanks guys!  Our next build will be a 250. :)

A Husky would be cool. But probably not very cost effective. Try to keep it a steel framed bike though.
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline Street_Kleaver

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 08, 2011, 08:45:09 PM »
94-95 yz250. One of the best motors ever! Electric power. Holeshotted all over the place.

Offline IllusionGrafix

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 16, 2011, 08:21:35 PM »
Love the way the bike came out. We at Illusion Grafix were pumped to be a part of this project and hope to be considered for future ventures by TSM!

Offline 2T Institute

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 19, 2011, 05:02:35 AM »
It's a controversial topic but I had problems with some of the jetting issues on many of the 144cc builds I did (CR134, KTM144, RM144, KX144 etc...)...

The KTM was a jetting nightmare. I tried everything and then I was given the opportunity to try something. I was the first mag to test the iCAT. I put it on the KTM144 and it didn't run a bit better. I was riding on a track where it was wide open everywhere... there was one section I didn't like and I turned around and started to roll it on - WHOA - the bike had so much more midrange, and was so much more crisp I was shocked! I plugged it in, undid it. Plugged it in and tested again, undid it again... there wasn't a single question that the roll on power and the actual jetting woes almost completely disappeared.

As I was putting those words on the web - basically that the bikes jetting was cleaner and it pulled much harder without really offering any more peak power that I could see - my friend Timmy Ferry tested one and here is a full factory rider at the time and his words were almost exactly what mine were. Way crisper, pulled harder, but didn't really seem to offer any more hp just like perfect jetting... I mean I literally couldn't tell it was on there when I was holding it WFO - but man, get down there and have to roll it on some and it was like a different bike.

I got scoffed at quite a bit for my story but stuck with it and stick with it to this day - and the riders that raced with it stick with it... So consider trying one if you can get your hands on it. They seem to work really well on the 144cc bikes!

BTW they did a dyno test once and it showed no gains - but DYNO's of course the dyno was tested at full throttle SETTINGS... had they used 50%/75% throttle settings I wonder how much more power it might have been making than the stock bike! Only Donn Maeda from MXRacer Magazine now Transworld MX stepped up and said he saw a diff and liked it... Give 'em a shot. Tom Wallace was the last one selling them as a distributor here in America. He's a former factory mechanic and I believe he has a shop in Nevada now.

Peace, Mikeee P
Those bits of snake oil are just a resitor and a diode $5 worth of electronic parts. Check the Patent Application on line. I'll back any dyno sweep result I can see a 0.5HP gain no problems.

Offline Geecee

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 15, 2011, 05:27:38 PM »
Just want to say your bike looks sweet. Wasn't around during the process but enjoyed reading through,had to jump ahead for the pics,I'm impatient   :D. The controls are my favorite part,they just flow so well with the colors and all. What I really dug is this is the type of upgrades I do when play money is available.  Not titanium bolts and engine swaps.