Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: TSM Mag??  (Read 9776 times)

Recovered

TSM Mag??
« on: February 02, 2011, 06:39:46 AM »
I see alot of requests for TSM to put out a magazine...not a bad idea.  A really Damn good idea actually.  Charles and I have been discussing it and I am really pushing for it to happen.  Whats kinds of things would you all like to see in a TSM mag?  Im opened to all ideas and maybe TSM can get a mag off the ground.

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: TSM Mag??
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 07:39:29 AM »
What really interests me right now is direct injection technology.For example,there is no info. on the net about the direct injection kits that can be used to update (Asian) mopeds.As well,is the Ossa TR280 injected or direct injected? Lots of conflicting info. about that one.

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 08:00:12 AM »
Set-up/performance up tips
bike tests
vintage section
editorial section
gear
hard parts
long haul tests
rebuild section
Ask DR.Duece
Contests
horrific crash photos
centerfolds of awesome 2 stroke bikes from all genres
absolutely no fourstroke parts/bike advertisements
"Smoked by a 250" pfoto section with photos of 250 2strokes holeshooting a line of 450s
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 08:06:43 AM »

Good ideas. :)

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 08:25:55 AM »
Thank you. I would be interested in contributing to the mag, as a/the south eastern US corespondent if it actualizes. :)
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Recovered

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 08:33:49 AM »
WOW great ideas! sounds like youve thought about this before :D 

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 08:41:29 AM »
Nah, just been reading dirt bike mags since the  70's.
I hope there's no hard feelings bout that other thread.
O.A.L.A.H.

Recovered

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 09:02:57 AM »
all families have spats...even the two-stroke kind.

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 09:31:21 AM »
I didn't read the post that was removed just saw the aftermath, then the whole thread was gone.....

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 10:26:07 AM »
A mag is a great idea, you could have it as a paper like RacerX was before it was a mag. I think a newspaper is quite a bit cheaper. I know a couple people that could help out,my sister works for Kasle snowmobile making the catalogs, 3 pro pic people,one has his pics in mx mags. Stories of 2-st racers, there setups,mods, races,riding, traveling stories of going to the races, basically the mag should cover the local racer and  every aspect of them, including cooking tips, traveling lightly, smart packing, free shower- a good lake to take a bath in after the races,etc.

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 01:09:20 PM »
I can write as well.

Also, great ideas from McClung, but one thing he left out.  A humor section!  Perhaps we could even has a mascot and a basic comic strip with some character like Two Smok'n Joe or something.

Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2011, 03:03:36 PM »
Love the ideas! We have been discussing this quite a bit, as well as looking into costs etc.
We will be moving foreward with it, after I get our plates cleared a little. :)

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 08:41:51 PM »
that was my hidden agenda with Ask Dr.Duece, he'd be like a cross between Radical Rick from BMXplus, Dr Know-it-All, and Tom Webb.

Offline keeptwostrokesalive

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2011, 07:28:20 PM »
It would be great if you guys did a 125 and 250 two stroke shootout with all the companies still producing those bikes so we could see wich one is really the best.

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2011, 07:02:48 AM »
Preferably something that doesn't just cater to the short attention span youth of today :D
Even with MXA,I hate the super short bike tests.If you look back to any test of 10-15 years ago the difference is obvious.These days,Transworld is the ultimate expression of this imo;lots of pics,little substance.
I like all the ideas above and used to buy/subscribe to all the mags but these days I can blow through one in 1/2 hour and don't find I generally know  much more than when I started.
New technology,old classics,tech how-to stuff,good tests,off road,trials and mx-real world stuff.That would suit me.
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.