Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: TSM Mag??  (Read 9735 times)

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
Re: TSM Mag??
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 07:17:47 AM »
My only suggestion is try not to focus just on MX even though that is the name of this site. Lots of us ride 2T's but ride and race woods.

My friend started a traditional archery magazine (building bows and hunting with trad gear) a few years ago. It was a lot of work and he ended up selling it after 3 years. But it was a good experience. I did a few how-to articles, but honestly I don't enjoy writing. He got the majority of his subscriptions from setting up at archery shows, so setting up a booth at races will be a good idea I think.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 07:57:20 AM »
I like the newspaper format and with as much info. as possible.Ford is right,modern mags are very thrifty when it comes to providing all the bike data,often the weight of the motorcycles is not even listed anymore.I have boxes of mags from the 70's and they are so much more comprehensive then modern magazines with race results from all over the globe,new manufacturers etc. :)

Offline knm29

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2011, 04:46:37 PM »
I think a magazine would be a great idea for TSM! I think along with all of the information on how to work on the bikes etc you should have some of your products in the magazine as well. Or if it is still going on we should put the projects that TSM is working on. Also compare/contrasts articles for bike parts. I really hope the progress of this magazine works out!  ;D

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2011, 06:22:23 AM »
Yes the mag should exude all of the qualities of our favorite mags from back when they made themselves our favorite mags and not just "the mags we're stuck with".
I swear if it comes together and I see one picture of a kid with a sideways hat and his pants hanging off his ass without a joke caption under it, I will boycott!~!
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2011, 06:22:36 AM »
 :P
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline msambuco

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2011, 08:46:19 AM »
A good way to test the market would be to like a previous post and put out a paper. Cycle News is gone so there is a void. Put a grass roots effort into stories, tests, history, mods, and maintainance. All the aftermarket companies would jump at a chance for an introductory ad rate to get the thing funded. It needs to be complete for that "first impression". Get it to market using vendors that follow Nationals, SX, GNCC, local track, etc. Set out to break even at best as an incentive to get all involved. Monitor market response and see if it will become a real business.

Posting a prototype mockup un this site with a comments section would be a good way to start.
08 373 Fuzion Toyhauler
1 wife, 2 kids, 1 dog
A lot of toys
A map and a credit card
A lot of memories no one can take away

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 09:29:39 PM »
To be honest a two stroke magazine will sell like crack.
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 09:58:38 PM »
We will be talking with some printers soon, see if we can make it happen :)

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2011, 05:29:53 AM »
sweet

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2011, 10:16:33 PM »
Meaning it will be a very expensive and hard to distribute product?
I'd rather be riding...

Offline Swimr2DaResQ

• Expert
  • Awww Yeaah!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2011, 11:53:43 PM »

Crack Addicts Unite
 :o
"The epitome of a crackhead. Tyrone biggums has used the money he made selling real estate and winning Fear Factor to buy crack cocaine. Cocaine's a helluvadrug.
Lemme tell you something you might not know Joe Roegan... I smoke rocks."

8)
"It's called crack. It's great! All you need to make it is some cocaine, baking powder, and I think I tasted egg and cinnamon." -Tyrone Biggums

Crack=BRAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPP
"Technology frightens me to death. It's designed by engineers to impress other engineers, and they always come with instruction booklets that are written by engineers for other engineers - which is why almost no technology ever works."

Offline riffraff

• Professional
  • Still smokin' after all these years
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2011, 10:32:18 AM »

"It's called crack. It's great! All you need to make it is some cocaine, baking powder, and I think I tasted egg and cinnamon." -Tyrone Biggums

Crack=BRAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPP

It's baking soda not baking powder .... so I've heard   :D
aaahhhhh yes, I remember the good old days

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2011, 11:00:50 AM »
Hey guys we actually got a price yesterday for a mock up of 500 copies. It is very doable. :)

Offline Swimr2DaResQ

• Expert
  • Awww Yeaah!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2011, 11:37:06 AM »
Awesome!!!! 8)
"Technology frightens me to death. It's designed by engineers to impress other engineers, and they always come with instruction booklets that are written by engineers for other engineers - which is why almost no technology ever works."

Offline monsteryz125

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2011, 02:40:34 PM »
sweet!!!!
2000 yz125