Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: When real bikes ruled the tracks, glad I'm old enough to remember  (Read 2389 times)

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: When real bikes ruled the tracks, glad I'm old enough to remember
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 04:22:55 PM »
About 10 years ago I sold a 1975 CZ 250 Falta Replica and to this day I remember how nice it was. The motor was "punchy" and responsive like a modern 250.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 06:16:13 PM »
Sachs, do you have a count of how many bikes you've actually owned throughout the years?  Something tells me it's going to be at least three-digits and probably four.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 10:18:46 PM »
Hey I feel left out. I never got to experience this!
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline evo550

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 12:02:30 AM »
Hey I feel left out. I never got to experience this!
Yeah, today's "Factory" bikes, don't seem all that factory, when you compare them to those works of art.
Oddly enough Yamaha had a hand in their demise as well.

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 08:56:47 AM »
Jetz you must remember that at one point I owned a motorsports business and,as such, was "in the grapevine" and "in the loop".In addition to selling newer machines from the business and vintage machines on the internet, I was exposed to new leads on a weekly basis about rare and exotic machines.

One lead, for example,was about a half dozen Carabelas. I remember driving over 200 km's into the bush in the middle of Winter to find the guy's cabin perched on a hill surrounded by a howling pack of "wolf like" dogs.I'm not sure how, but I managed to knock on the door and purchase the Carabela's.

It was a treasure trove of rare Mexican motorcycles, one of which was a 1975 125 Enduro with 4 miles on the odometer. Now a person may argue how desirable these machines are, but let me tell you they are a fascinating viewport into the era.

Now the CZs are before my time, but in my exposure to these machines I have found them to be a very high quality motorcycle.If you are exposed to such a diversity of motorcycles from so many different eras you soon learn to distinguish between what is progress and what is hype. You also learn to home in on gems of the past, and there are many.