Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: 2 Stroke National  (Read 10242 times)

Offline CCOADY454

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Stroke National
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2010, 11:14:50 AM »
What st. r you in CCOADY 454, I,m in Green Bay Wisconsin  It may seem like alot to set all this up, but it can be done. I talked to a tour bus driver for a band wed. night at the motel, for  2 hours. If  your favorite band can live on a bus for 9 months, I think  a mx racer can live on the go also. I talked to a couple from Autralia , they saved there money and  there touring the USA and Canada  for 38 weeks, your allowed 26 weeks in the USA,but if you go to Canada and get your passport stamped your good for 26 more weeks,I believe.
Central Illinois.

http://www.southforkdirtriders.com/

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2010, 08:32:00 PM »
I like the expert payouts at your track 454. I just threw the series idea out there, I,m not trying to take anything away from your SleepyHollow track, I know it,s alot of work. I worked at my local track 2 days and on race day pulled 30 bikes out of  18in. of thick mud in practice,I got stuck working-flagging the muddiest section, it was alot of fun though. The 85 and 125,s went out for practise when no one else wanted to, the little kids are funny they get it burried then turn there head looking at you,with there hands up.

Offline 125mx.com

• Novice
  • The Bullshits Stopped
    • View Profile
    • 125mx.com
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2010, 12:12:53 AM »
   To 125mx,
 I had no idea we were garnering international interest. I am flattered.
It's over a year away and anything is possible. Who's to say we can't get some bikes.
If there is a will, there is a way.

Jere

From small acorns great Oaks grow !

I have proven that if an event is offerd riders will come, I worked my butt off over here trying to prove to all the lemmings that the 2st was far from dead, hey presto, we now have three 2st series on offer, next year looks like adding another National Federation (BSMA) with a sole 125cc class.

I have been watching what goes on in the US for sometime, just waiting for the 'catalyst' to spark life into the 2st scene, there ARE plenty of riders still wanting to race their 2st but find it offensive to be put in a class that gives their compeditor twice the capacity. (I dont think that happens in any other motorsport, could be wrong ?) Things are looking good for the humble 2st esspecially with the economic climate !  Strike while the irons hot I say, publicise and promote very well and I'm sure it will be a success.

Our riders have started to ask local clubs / promoters that they want a 2st class or there's nothing at the event for them, and they dont enter, chosing to go practice instead, clubs are now suffering from low entries and (at last) starting to offer something for a 2st racer, soon they will all have a 2st class(s)  (We hope)

John knows how much as gone on here in the UK, and has helped greatly with this site its like free promotion. Thanks John for the help and if we can get that little bit of help with machinery we will get two or more riders out there to your event.
If it aint broke, fix it till it is

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2010, 03:18:01 PM »
Hey 125mx.com I google 125mx in 06, your site popped up and been following it since. You put a link for twostrokemotocross.com actually the old name 2-strokemilita.com. and here I am. In  America we want a 2-st. series and all it,s been so far is rumors. I thought we were close this year, there was  a track in Ilinois having a race, with other dates to be listed and nothing happened. Millville and RedBUD would  very good choice to start the fire. Example RedBud  had races the last 2 weekends, last sat. was the RacerX vet race. That,s would be a perfect place to start with another series, but limited classes  125 expert, 125 b , 125 c, 125-25 plus,30 plus,40 plus, 125 jr. Everyone including hot chicks miss the sound of 125,s on the start and around the track, 250,s sound good but no where as good as a 125.

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2010, 05:20:00 PM »
Oh man, the idea of a 125 only class makes me so excited!
I'd rather be riding...

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2010, 11:19:31 AM »
I was wondering what the latest news on the 2-st. series is. In the fall is the time to secure sponsors, for a series next year. At round 3 of the RacerX vet series at www.aztalancycle.com, had a vet 35a 125 class on there own,not part of the racer x series. They had severe weather in the area, and still had 28 riders sign up, about 4 riders didn,t race.

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2010, 05:55:22 AM »
Hey 125mx.com I google 125mx in 06, your site popped up and been following it since. You put a link for twostrokemotocross.com actually the old name 2-strokemilita.com. and here I am. In  America we want a 2-st. series and all it,s been so far is rumors. I thought we were close this year, there was  a track in Ilinois having a race, with other dates to be listed and nothing happened. Millville and RedBUD would  very good choice to start the fire. Example RedBud  had races the last 2 weekends, last sat. was the RacerX vet race. That,s would be a perfect place to start with another series, but limited classes  125 expert, 125 b , 125 c, 125-25 plus,30 plus,40 plus, 125 jr. Everyone including hot chicks miss the sound of 125,s on the start and around the track, 250,s sound good but no where as good as a 125.
About that Illinois race...  something did happen, but it wasn't good.  I passed out fliers at the Dallas supercross. Had everything all planned and set, for the weekend between Red Bud and Millville, so big riders would have a place to go inbetween and make a ton of money.  That Monday, I got a call from the track owner, saying the race was cancelled.  It is an AMA sanctioned track.  I was threatened via email to shut up from someone considered "the internet attack dog."  And many other things happened so I had to walk away. So that is why things have hard times moving in the US.  Any type of competition, you get squashed one way or another.  Local races etc that are 2 stroke friendly should be ok. But when you are planning on competing with the big guys, not so much...
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2010, 11:26:20 AM »
That,s too bad what happened to your ILinois race. Your right the 2-st. races need to start at the local level. The local tracks are hurting,with the low turnouts in the last 6 years. I think the right local track would rent the track for a weekend for 1,500.00, that,s only 150 riders paying 10.00 each at the gate. You have alot of other fees,insurance,medic-ambulance,ama, fuel,wood chips,etc. I talked to the president at my local track about a 2-st. only race, there,s a bunch of land owners that own the tracks property,they can be difficult,and it would have to be ama sanctioned race,to have insurance. The tracks layout is great,up and down hills everywhere,but the track needs tons of wood chips mixed in with the hard pack clay,and getting club members to work is difficult. To get 700 plus riders  I think a 2-st. race would have to focus on fun to get full gates. There,s alot of  96 to 04 2-st. out there, so classes like 125 96 to 04 125 beginner, c class, and vet 125 beginner, c class, b class would be full gates. With the revenue from classes like these, you could hv. 200 % payout, 300.00 to 1st in each 125 a-expert moto bonus,plus 100.00 holeshot,that should get 30 or 40 on the gate.