Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: GasGas 2t bikes  (Read 3957 times)

Offline compmoto

• GASGAS dealer
  • Novice
    • View Profile
GasGas 2t bikes
« on: August 01, 2010, 08:55:25 AM »
Anyone here have 1st hand knowledge of these bikes? Is there any demand for them ? Reliablity issues ? I know about the sites specific to them, but I'd like to hear more , from someone who has ridden/owned one ... I had a conversation with a dealer about the 4t , and was informed briefly, that it is a good bike, that was an answer to the 450 bike... but I wanna know about the smoker ! thnx
RMX250,YZ125,Maico490,RD400,RZ350

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
Re: GasGas 2t bikes
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 11:14:02 AM »
I have ridden some and a friend has a 2T trials bike. Very nice bikes. The only problem around here is lack of dealers for parts, you pretty much have to order online. But I wouldn't let that stop me if I wanted one. I am seriously considering buying a TM as soon as I can afford a new bike and dealer support around here is about zero.

So if you find a GasGas two stroke that you like, I say go for it!
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 03:19:17 PM »
The gasgas 4t's were always a little hefty and more of a DS bike along the lines of a DRZ I think though likely more able.I believe they have a newer model out now though-I think.As for their 2t's,many around here have them and they work great and are very reliable.I'd put them at or above a KTM.
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline luthier269

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 04:22:13 PM »
There is a guy around here in Florida that races the GasGas 250 motocross. He has two of them and he is fast. He also said he raced it at Loretta Lynns last year. He said they questioned whether or not it qualified cause of the 500 bikes in the states but it shares the frame with a few models so they let him race it.If you go to (The two strokes of the Florida motocross series),listed on this discussion group there is a picture of him and his bike.
Motocross is a real sport all the rest are just games

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 06:12:22 PM »
Nothing wrong with them.
I nearly bought one this year.
Posted on: August 01, 2010, 11:14:02 AMPosted by: Coop
I am seriously considering buying a TM as soon as I can afford a new bike and dealer support around here is about zero.

Cant go wrong with a TM either. ;D ;D ;D ;D
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline luthier269

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 08:09:29 PM »

Anthony Zaffino
Motocross is a real sport all the rest are just games

Offline compmoto

• GASGAS dealer
  • Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 04:43:22 AM »
thanx for the replies... the new importer does have a container of '11s in the country as of last week, with another on the way. 99% of them are 2t. There is a seperate importer for the trials line, but they are working together to develop a stronger dealer network.The fellow handling that, is an offroad racer, with experience in the industry. I'll be on one soon !  300cc 2t, w e-start ! AND ,rumor has it , they are developing a DI 2t !
RMX250,YZ125,Maico490,RD400,RZ350

Offline MXLord327

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 06:54:41 AM »
There are a few guys here in the northeast running them in the NETRA Enduro series, they look and sound great.  I haven't heard any reliability issues with them, they are definitely competitive with the KTM's.

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 07:48:51 AM »
I once owned a motorsports business and sold about a dozen Gasser's. I think the Gas Gas is an excellent motorcycle. I once heard that when Bultaco went under many of the people ended up at Gas Gas, so it is safe to say that there are some talented employees at the firm.

Offline Braap257

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 06:50:35 PM »
I've personally never seen a gasgas here in FL. Although the kid in the pic is in FL. Pretty rare bikes if you ask me. Everyone seems to like em though :)

Offline 2T Institute

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2010, 07:30:31 PM »
AND ,rumor has it , they are developing a DI 2t !

Yeah sure ;D The 300 is an awesome bit of kit. They manage to do the same thing with 3 moving parts as what kawaski KIPS valve does with 300 parts. The 300 won Master Bike a few times and the consensus was that no matter if your a beginner or expert you'll love the 300.

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2010, 09:54:03 PM »
This is what i call a nice bit of kit.
A little bit out of my budget. :o

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Dirt-bikes/auction-314987693.htm
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2010, 01:27:54 PM »
I was hoping recently to buy a 2003 EC200, but it got sold before I could make it down to look at it. Looked like a nice bike.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2010, 07:58:28 PM »
A few friends have owned Gas Gas 200s over the years and have been very happy with them. I tend to think of them as a sort of souped up KDX200 with all the high end components added.