Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: How do they do it?  (Read 11952 times)

Offline DESERTFOX19

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Re: How do they do it?
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2010, 09:11:28 PM »

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2010, 09:50:39 PM »
Trash-O-rama - Chrome and Hot Leather

I see you in a completely new light now Jetz  ;D
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2010, 10:46:12 PM »
I don't know what that "trash-o-rama" bullshit was supposed to mean, but that was the only video on YouTube about the movie.  And I really did just watch the whole thing, there are a lot of really nice old 250 Kawis just getting crashed and beaten.  Didn't see any actual damage though, how did they do that?

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2010, 08:05:14 AM »
This is a grindhouse film, that's why it says Trash O Rama.  Here is a review:

Over the years there have been some GREAT motorcycle movies. . .This is NOT one of them!

In the beginning there was "The Wild One", and it was good. The great Hollywood attraction to 2 wheel action extended to Steve McQueen jumping the fence on a Triumph in "The Great Escape", The murderous, Moto Guzzi-riding traffic cops in "Magnum Force", and, who can EVER listen to "Born To Be Wild" without thinking of Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper heading east on their Harley choppers. "Chrome and Hot Leather" is to these great movies what "Plan 9 From Outerspace" is to "Psycho".

Synopsis: Bad guys on choppers vs. ex-GI good guys on dirt bikes. What this film lacks in story line it makes up for with weak acting. Good lord -- what a stinker!

I first saw this as a double feature Saturday Matinee with an equally horrible film called "The Hard Ride," which starred Robert Fuller of "Emergency!" fame. At least "The Hard Ride" was partially redeemed by the presence of an incredible Harley chopper called "Baby" which was second in beauty ONLY to Peter Fonda's "Captain America".

The only reason I even remember "Chrome and Hot Leather" is because on that Saturday in 1971, The Florida Theater in Starke Florida raised it's youth matinee ticket price to .40 cents, and I was determined to enjoy the show in spite of my pubesecent outrage.

There is one memorable scene involving an arm-wrestling match. Two huge, ugly Scorpions were lashed to the very spot where the arm of the loser would fall...Oooooo! Now THAT'S what I call EVIL!

Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2010, 12:12:14 PM »
I rather liked the movie.  I guess you just have to be a fan of old Kawasakis to enjoy it, and I am that.  That said, it's not a movie I plan on seeing again - there's another one called A Great Ride that blows it completely away (starring a '77 Husky 360 and '77 Maico 400, both enduros.  No, seriously!)  It's impossible to find but the plot is two guys going to ride from Mexico to Canada off-road, and throughout the journey they get chased around and harassed by the BLM and a series of other pissed-off people.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2010, 12:38:41 PM »
Trash-O-rama - Chrome and Hot Leather

I see you in a completely new light now Jetz  ;D

Somewhere in New Zealand someone is picturing Jetz in chrome and leather :o Now there's a mental picture worthy of therapy :D
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2010, 12:41:32 PM »
They made a movie about me.

1984 KTM 495 Rebuild Part 11

Hahaha.Great vid.I love the frame being dragged across the floor.I may have wanted it myself if you hadn't mentioned the tickly bing :D
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.