Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: No 2010 Suzuki motorcycles in the U.S.?  (Read 3706 times)

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
No 2010 Suzuki motorcycles in the U.S.?
« on: December 15, 2009, 11:50:12 AM »
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 12:10:07 PM by 2smoker »
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline ferrahount

• Junior
    • View Profile
Re: No 2010 Suzuki motorcycles in the U.S.?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 12:20:44 PM »
Wow that bad are things going for one of the big 4?
Maybe if they had the razor sharp handling RM 250 on stock they would be seeing some movement on their dealers...
My heart beats every cycle, so does my bike!

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 12:31:05 PM »
I had heard about that month's ago... but then heard from another source that they would be coming to the states in early 2010.

Since that article was written in late November, maybe they don't have the updated news???

The interesting aspect is that in addition to that news there were a few people claiming that Suzuki was going to be importing their two stroke RM series into the states. One guy said that his dealership had received brochures and prices for them. Unfortunately this has not been confirmed by anyone else.

I guess we'll find out in the next few months....
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline rooster

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 12:44:50 PM »
I used your link to read the blog........investagated the links to find the primary source and the story states: No road bike models......most agreed that is was a "good" move by suzuki (due to the economy) and that it will not be a hinderance to the buying public to wait until inventory is brought down.  Price reductions on inventory bikes is a good deal......................now I am not remotely interested in "road bikes", so I am not affected.

The news did not include "off road models" and I am sure there is an inventory of suzuki dirt bikes in dealerships as well as every other brand sold in the US.  If the same happens to "dirt" models I guess my collection of 2 strokes RM's just went up in value....................buy all the 2 strokes you can find....it will pay off in the end.....!!!!!!!!!!

Rooster

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 01:14:39 PM »
I used your link to read the blog........investagated the links to find the primary source and the story states: No road bike models......most agreed that is was a "good" move by suzuki (due to the economy) and that it will not be a hinderance to the buying public to wait until inventory is brought down.  Price reductions on inventory bikes is a good deal......................now I am not remotely interested in "road bikes", so I am not affected.

The news did not include "off road models" and I am sure there is an inventory of suzuki dirt bikes in dealerships as well as every other brand sold in the US.  If the same happens to "dirt" models I guess my collection of 2 strokes RM's just went up in value....................buy all the 2 strokes you can find....it will pay off in the end.....!!!!!!!!!!

Rooster

Frigging Suzuki dealers gonna be stuck selling  pancakes! Funny things because I was sure that the GSX-Rs line up were better sellers than their four-stroke off-road models...???? They are going nowhere..WOW. Bring back the two stroke so I can buy 2 of them!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 04:14:36 PM by 2smoker »
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.