Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: $35,000 Pro Purse in Utah 8/13-8/15  (Read 2750 times)

Offline motoman356

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
$35,000 Pro Purse in Utah 8/13-8/15
« on: July 18, 2010, 12:47:41 PM »
http://www.westernindoormotocrossnationals.com

saw this on another post. this is the kind of purse a 2st nat needs to get some attention. its a little over half of a pro nat race

Offline riffraff

• Professional
  • Still smokin' after all these years
    • View Profile
Re: $35,000 Pro Purse in Utah 8/13-8/15
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 01:23:48 PM »
So I take it the pro class is using the AMA's 4stroke handicap rules  :-[
aaahhhhh yes, I remember the good old days

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 10:15:58 PM »
There,s  smaller 2-st. races, last  weekend  Kellog Mn.  had  a  1,000.00  purse  plus  payback. For  125A  class, yes  a  125 EXPERT  2-st. class  and   OPEN A  2-STOKE.  Kellog  Mn.  is  very close  to  the  Millville  natl., last weekend.  The  promoter  posted  the  race  on  wisconsinmx.com, just  before  the weekend. A  very  short  notice, I  was  mad  about  that, and  didn,t  want  to  get  others  pissed off. So  I didn,t  post  about it. On  sept.  9 th  practice  and  the 10th  race,  at  Aztalan, in  Lake Mills  Wi.  It,s  round  3  of  the  RACER X  vet  series.  The  track  is  talking  about  having a 125 35 A  class, the  winner  gets  a  Past Blue Ribon, 5 bucks  to sign up.  I  think  the  class  might  have  some  changes  by  then,  to  get  40  125,s  on the track.  The  track  gets  28 to 30 in  vintage  class, which is  not a  district  class  anymore. They  decided  to  run  it  on there  own, they  randomly  picked  a  year  2002  and  older, but   newer  125,s  race it. It,s  mostly  125,s, from what I here.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 04:57:35 AM »
I looked at both links and found very little about 2 strokes!!

Even though it's been said before, if a local or regional or even National 2 stroke event is going to be held, Two Stroke Motocross .com will help promote the event!

What do you have to do?

1- Have an event.
2- Have at least one 2 Stroke only class.
3 - Supply when, where and sign up information.

That's all! It will be posted in an article on the main site. Plus be listed on the Race Schedule page.

Do you here me promoters?? You will get FREE publicity for running two-stroke race events!!!

Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 10:47:56 AM »
What if we have local events which are not getting much attention and allow any bike to enter? 

I rode my 1984 KTM 495 in a local poker run :)  Would those count to promote?  I mean this isn't MX and it is to promote trail building in the woods however when these guys put up these events and they don't get a large turn out (we only had 60 riders turn out they were expecting 100) we don't get much back to support the trails.
Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 12:43:38 PM »
What if we have local events which are not getting much attention and allow any bike to enter? 

As far as I concerned, if it's an event where two-strokes are treated equally (example 250 =250) then yes I will help to promote it.

On the other hand, if the event requires a handi-cap for four-strokes, they are on their own as far as promotion goes!  :D :D

Poker Runs, Jet Ski events, MX, Hare Scrambles, Enduos... if it's an event that features or allows two-strokes to compete fairly, I'll help out.
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 04:08:57 PM »
Maybe on the main page could have another top level bar "Local Events" and under there you select a region and there's schedules there with various events going on in those regions which quality for 2 stroke friendly?
Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 12:05:34 PM »
For  ideas  for  a  2-st. race, www.motokazie.com ,  click  on the pic, then scrowl down  and  click  on Kellog mx 7-18 flier, in blue.  I  would   just  have  125,s   b/c  class, and 125 a , with   500   to  1st, 2 nd  200 , plus  200  %   payback, that   should  get  some  fast  experts  there, to  race for the win.  That  would  reward   the  front  2  riders, and  should  make  for  great battles, the  200 %  payout  would  go  back  to  5th  place.  The  12-16  junior 125,s  would  have  there  regular class  and  they  can race  a  second  class.  Try to  include  a  second  class  for  riders, like  25a,30a, plus 40, then  they  can also race  125 a,b or c.  I  always  liked  to  race  2  classes, use  the  2nd  class  for fun, because  you liked  the berms  or  the  rythem  section, etc.  Just  some ideas   thrown out  there,  it,s  storming  again, it,s  been  crazy  lately. Teusday  a  track  west  of  Green Bay   had  a  tornado   touch  down  near  a  track  having a  open ride, trailers  were  tipped  over, 1  landed  on a  rider   and  messed him up.