Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: 2010 Husqvarna TC250  (Read 3937 times)

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
2010 Husqvarna TC250
« on: December 14, 2009, 03:44:37 PM »
Maybe a four stroke but the engine is only 22kg and looks really small in the frame just like a 2 stroke. The dry weight of the bike is only 92kg ..Very frightening lol

http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/_vti_g5_ver.aspx?IdVer=106&rpstry=198_

2010 Husqvarna TC 250 First Impression Video
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Husqvarna TC250
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 04:09:58 PM »
Wow, Husky have really changed in terms of suspension.  They used to be the suspension KINGS of the WORLD with their own Husqvarna forks and Ohlins shocks.  They were the last ones to stick with twin-shocks and got more positive reviews than the early monoshocks.  I guess they just can't get the money to be in-house that much anymore.

And although I really like what Husky have done in the past, I'm not a big fan anymore.  Their styling is quite horrific, with that fender actually bend upward, yick.  They still have some two-strokes but they're mostly a 4-stroke company now like the rest.  To top it all off, they're not even Swedish anymore!  The old days of Husqvarna being an unbreakable hard-core motocross weapon designed by less than 15 guys (yes, that's right) seem to be over.  Husqvarna, if you're reading this, bring back the tank mirrors!

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Recovered

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 05:02:14 PM »
If you buy a new Husky, you are really buying a Cagiva (Google it). They are made in Italy. Yhey are great bikes. Yes I've ridden one of them, quite a bit. The problem is the goofy Italian transmission that has a very tall first and is geared too short in high gear. Other than that it was a great bike. I loved the Marzocchi fork even thogh the comic books didn't like it, mostly because it's not made in Japan. That's why they switched to the KYB. Trying for a market they will never get anyway.

Offline mmcmx

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 09:43:58 AM »
Since now it is owned by BMW I expect good things to come from the biq H.

And If I were to buy a bike right now, I'd probably get their 125. Me thinks that design is hot :).

Recovered

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 11:30:26 AM »
If I rememeber correctly (happens now and then) Husky will still be made in Italy. SO the citificate of origen will say BMW, they are still Itailian.

Offline juliend

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 03:18:55 PM »
If I rememeber correctly (happens now and then) Husky will still be made in Italy. SO the citificate of origen will say BMW, they are still Itailian.

And what has this got to do with Cagiva? I guess BMW is not having much involvement??

I shall google.....

Recovered

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 03:45:49 PM »
Cagiva was looking to increase market share so they bought out Husky (the swedish company) and got SCREWED whuile doing it.

As far as I know, BMW was going to leave everything in Italy.

Offline AFG

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 06:43:15 PM »
I have had very good luck with the "Cagiva" Husky's(they were all 2 strokes). I had a an 02 250, and my daughter raced the blue and yellow 01 50cc bikes. The 50 was bulletproof no mechanical issues at all. The 250 had a great motor handled well I liked the bike. I like the new 300, I just wish it was a 100cc bigger. I wouldn't mind owning another one. I did like the blue and yellow colors better though. I would not however want to sell my KX500. I've decided not to sale any more of my bikes only to regret it years later. I have owned at one time or another almost every brand of offroad/mx bikes from 1971-2005. Of all the bikes I miss the Maico's the most followed by the ATK 406(they made the rotax 400 run waaaay better than CanAm did).Thanks

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 03:15:54 AM »
In my eyes, the best Husky ever made was the 1980 model.  That's the only year, and I do mean the ONLY year, I'd take one over a Maico.  What a work of art it was - they got every piece just absolutely right.

The two complaints I have about the '79 (which is what my dad has) are the rear fender and forks, and both got fixed in '80.  The forks work as well as any other we've seen (Husqvarna, remember, were the kings of suspension) but those 36mm tubes seemed damn thin.  For 1980, they beefed the forks up a bit, making them stiffer yet lighter at the same time.  The '79 also retained the old rear-fender.  It looked excellent in 1978 with 8" of rear travel, but when that got brought up to the 12" territory, it looked very out-of-place on the tall bike.  They fixed that in '80.  It was also the last year for the 390 engine, which I prefer to the 430, mostly because it's the only thing I really got to see until I was about 5 or 6, and it's really just as fast as the 430, as concluded by my uncle who has the latter.

I really need to stop going off on these wild tangents, but I can't help it.  Look at this thing!

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?