Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: got a new to me cr250  (Read 5860 times)

Offline westsiderippa

• Expert
  • win on a 2t your a hero, lose just blame the bike
    • View Profile
got a new to me cr250
« on: December 13, 2009, 09:50:46 PM »
so i recently had got my hands on a new out of the crate 07 cr 250 and was planning on racing it. well it just didnt work out do to displacement rules and i had to sell it to get a new 450 :( dont jam me up to hard im a 2stroke guy at heart and only race 450's now because i have too. so time past, had a great 09 race season and needed money and was able to sell the 07 cr for a $500 profite then just dropped a G. for a top end in the 450 to get it ready for 2010 and got to thinking. im an avid woods rider and need a new trail bike do to my old 01 cr250 being very, very, very tired. it was the best bike i have ever owned just time for her to retire, lol. so after a long search i finally found what i thought was impossible. i hooked up with a local bay area 2stroke fanatic, collector and rider and he had a basically brand new 2001 cr250 for sale. i hadnt seen a, well basically show room 2001 cr since well 2001. so her she is.... 100% stock at time of purchase with maybe 5hrs on it. she is at my local shop getting a full make over right now to make her a true woods weapon. ill get more pics up when she is all done being set up.

p.s. i love this site!!!!!!!!!!

Offline westsiderippa

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: got a new to me cr250
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 09:53:43 PM »
1 more

Offline westsiderippa

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 09:55:08 PM »
another

Offline westsiderippa

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 09:56:50 PM »
oh i forgot to mention. the orignial owner who i bought the bike from also put a brand new kehin on it. and he through in a skid plate. im so stoked!!!!!!!!

Offline westsiderippa

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 09:59:16 PM »
here is a pic of the 07 i sold. really bumbed out about it but i just didnt want to put that bike in the woods. it ripped on the track but i just didnt like the power delivery compared to the 2001 motor. and the 2001 motor has never let me down in the middle of stonyford, lol.

Offline westsiderippa

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 10:00:43 PM »
and a pic of old faithful before her retirment....

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2009, 10:15:20 PM »
I think we have a new record for consecutive posts by one member...

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline westsiderippa

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 10:18:18 PM »
sorry was that bad? i have been browsing the site for quite some time just thought id share. but i guess i was out of line. and in my defence it would only let me upload 1 pic at a time.

Recovered

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 01:26:51 AM »
Post all you want..........I'm just not seeing any pics.....................??????????????????????? ???

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 03:21:10 AM »
Welcome to the forum westsiderippa!

Great story and awesome deals on your bikes. Congratulations on your "new" 2001 CR250.

Please keep us updated as you get your machine set up for the woods!

As for posting more than one photo on a message board the easiest way is to sign up for a free Photobucket account. Upload the photos that you want to show off to the world. Once the photos are up on the Photobucket (by the way there are other services like this, it's just that I'm familiar with this one) click on the share button. Then click on the "Get Link Code Data" tab at the top. You will see quite a few options, but the one you want to use is "IMG for bulletin boards & forums", you just copy the code for full size image and paste it into your post on a forum and your done.

Madscientist - take a look at the bottom of the post is there a link for the photos? Some browsers show a thumbnail and others just show the link. Please let me know.

Thanks guys!
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline westsiderippa

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 11:05:07 AM »
thanks john. i really enjoy this site. its great. i will keep you up to date with the build she should be done this week. sorry for the delay in getting back to you. i had received your email just been real busy. anyway, if you have an apple and use firefox you should see thumbnails, if you use safari you will see links. as for using a PC im not sure.  ???

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 03:08:13 PM »
thanks john. i really enjoy this site. its great. i will keep you up to date with the build she should be done this week. sorry for the delay in getting back to you. i had received your email just been real busy. anyway, if you have an apple and use firefox you should see thumbnails, if you use safari you will see links. as for using a PC im not sure.  ???

Where did you find that bike! So awesome!!!
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2009, 04:27:15 PM »

Where did you find that bike! So awesome!!! Post more pics my friend!!!
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline westsiderippa

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2009, 05:10:52 PM »
i found the bike locally here in the bay area. its a funny story because the guy i bought it from is a 2t fanatic. he has quite the collection of honda's. i net him last year when he was selling a mint condition 2002 cr 250 and i was very interested at the time do to already having an 01 and a 07. he sold the 02 and about a year went buy, i granaded my 01. sold the 07 and was on the hunt for another 01 to set up for the woods. everything i looked at was junk and then i saw the add for my bike. i gave the guy a call and as soon as i heard his voice i knew it was the same guy. small world you know!! anyway im super pumped on the bike and i met a new riding partner out of the deal, sweet!! the bike is at my suspension guy right now getting set up. i just ordered renthal twin wall rc highs, a magura clutch kit, putting some bridgestone 403/404 on her, putting 51 on the back with a heavy duty rk chain, changing the clutch plates to steel, and a few other things to make it woods ready for me. she should be all done by the end of the week and i will get a bunch of pics up. 

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 12:51:49 AM »
Nice bike.
I'd love a brand new 2001 CR, they had a great motor. Correct me if i'm wrong but they were the last of the mechanically operated powervalve weren't they?