Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: A peek at the MicroBlue Technology in action  (Read 8735 times)

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
A peek at the MicroBlue Technology in action
« on: June 30, 2010, 06:37:56 AM »
When we first tell people that we are running our machine at 200:1 there is usually a small pause and then a dumb look... followed by a "You're running what?"

Yesterday we did a video to show the fuel/oil mixture of 200:1 on an inexpensive leaf blower... the results speak for themselves.

Microblue 200:1 Homelight Leaf Blower Demonstration

A few folks had seen the video I posted last night, but I forgot to use the finished video... no major changes, just wanted to label the gas in the beakers.

This is life changing technology....
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline DangisMX

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Re: A peek at the MicroBlue Technology in action
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 10:21:00 AM »
Wow this is truly amazing! No smoke or anything. And here I was thinking 100:1 was outrageous  :D. In this state i bet it would run just fine even with no oil for some time  :o. What if you gave the cylinder the same treatment as you did with the bearings ??

Offline motomike894

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 12:49:01 PM »
Thats just insane mixing that YZ that lean, its hard to believe, seriously.

And awesome that its working, still scary, lol, would love to get some of those bearings for my bike and see how they work, it sounds like it make such a huge difference.

Really wish I could be at RedBud, but Ill be watching times will at work, lol, and its my Bday so going out for dinner!!

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 12:57:03 PM »
DangisMX - Excellent question!!

In the blurb above I did not quite give all the information about what we are doing, mainly because I like to give you guys on the forum exclusive info as soon as possible.

When I posted the video here earlier I was in the middle of writing an article for the main page, which is now complete. That should fill in some of the blanks for you guys.

http://twostrokemotocross.com/2010/06/can-a-two-stroke-run-at-2001-fueloil-mixture/

Now to answer your question, all the internal moving parts in the Project Two 50 engine have already been MicroBlue coated. That includes cylinder, piston, rings, wrist pin, bearings, crank, complete gear box, with ceramic bearings in every high-speed area.

To say this motor is fast, would be an understatement.

Braaappp!
Life is short.

Offline DangisMX

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 01:28:41 PM »
Outstanding. To me this is beauty, like art or poetry :D. When I purchase my next bike i have got to get me this MicroBlue stuff. I wouldn't even dare to run it at 200:1, 100:1 would suffice :D.

Offline motomike894

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 01:37:16 PM »
Id love to put some of these in my bike if I ever have to do a whole engine before I ever get a new bike, but they dont even show stuff for my RM, plus its expensive.

I would love to see some data showing what a difference these bearing actually made, like HP wise, etc. by themselves, like take a stock bike, dyno it, then put whole Microblue engine kit it and dyno it!

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 02:01:26 PM »
Thats crazy...............200:1!! I bet Project 250 must have some evil throttle response right, the thing must rev to the moon.

Definately would love to do that to the engine on my CR ;)
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline metal_miracle

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 02:29:26 PM »
It`s some interresting stuff

that would have been something for my tm100

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 02:59:21 PM »
That's awesome. Very interesting. As a gear head I love this stuff and I am fascinated that it will run with that mixture.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 03:45:23 PM »
Hey, I know that the article on the main page says that alisports will have coverage of the first race, but, I can't find the link for that on their site, I have to find a way to watch NBC on Saturday, I don't care about speed, who will watch the lites class anyways?
I'd rather be riding...

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 03:56:40 PM »
Hey, I know that the article on the main page says that alisports will have coverage of the first race, but, I can't find the link for that on their site, I have to find a way to watch NBC on Saturday, I don't care about speed, who will watch the lites class anyways?

I would if the AMA every got off their arse and fixed the cc disparity   8)
Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2010, 06:20:29 PM »
Here's a question.  You say you've coated all the high-speed moving parts with the MicroBlue coating, but how much does all of that cost?  Is it a major modification that could only be affordable by a racing team (even one fairly low in the budget like P250) or would it be within financial reason for someone to do this with his '82 Husky and do some world shaking?

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline Chokey

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2010, 06:47:12 PM »
One of the functions of the oil in an engine is to help with ring seal. How does this "Micro-Blue" address that if you are running so little oil?

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2010, 07:20:50 PM »
One of the functions of the oil in an engine is to help with ring seal. How does this "Micro-Blue" address that if you are running so little oil?

Chokey... please buckle your seat belt on this one.... the coatings require that you totally re-think the paradigm that has been in place for over 30 years. With that said, here we go...

When you MicroBlue a cylinder the bore must be perfectly smooth... NO cross hatching at all!

I know, I know... it sounds crazy, right?

But let's use this analogy to help you along, if you are water skiing on a choppy body of water, how well do your skis stay in contact with the water? Now what if that lake was smooth as glass?

Once you have your chrome smooth bore with matched rings MicroBlue coated, there is no break in! Best of all the parts last much, much longer than standard parts...

This past week we have spent at MicroBlue, learning more about the process and what's involved. It's been an amazing education.

Let's turn your question around for a moment and ask this.. what is the reason for the cross hatching in the cylinder?

As for pricing information and comparisons between stock and MicroBlue coated, these are in the works.

It has to be proven first, say in National competition....  :-* :-*
Life is short.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2010, 08:27:21 PM »
Well, I think I can safely say we're all very impressed and hoping for the best.  I'm thinking that if it's not ridiculously expensive, this is the sort of technology we might want to see in all motor applications.  Not only bikes, but cars, snowmobiles, boats, generators, lawn equipment, etc.  Anything that someone has managed to put a V-8 in (which includes blenders) could potentially benefit from this kind of friction-reducing technology.  Or, maybe we want to be really aggressive with this and say that MicroBlue only gets to be used on two-strokes, and use that as leverage?

Okay, so obviously I'm over-stepping myself here, but I still think that if it's not prohibitively expensive, it can do an immense amount of economic and environmental good for millions, or even billions of people.  There's a lot of friction in the world that ought not to be there.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?