Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: WANTED: Web site contributors  (Read 5998 times)

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
WANTED: Web site contributors
« on: June 24, 2010, 09:16:05 AM »
As my time has been taken up with many projects, I have not had time to keep the main site up-to-date. I could use some help.

At this time this would not be a paying job. Just want to make that clear up front.

The site gets over 3,000 visits daily, many times over 4,000 per day from two-stroke fans all over the world.

What do I need help with?

- Story ideas or news about two-strokes
Some of you find things way before I do, this is the kind of stuff to be used for stories.

- Photos & Videos
Sometimes finding new stuff takes time, but if you come across something please send it to me.

- Writing
Do you have a knack for writing? Do you love two-strokes? How would you like to write some of the stories that go on the site? How about writing your own monthly (or weekly!!) column?

While I may not be able to pay you much now, there could be some great perks. :o :o

Anyone interested?

Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline ktm150rippa

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: WANTED: Web site contributors
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 09:25:02 AM »
I dont know how well I'd be able to write stories or columns for the website but I do know there's not many videos/racers who ride the ktm 150 so I'd love to upload some vids and pics of my races. I race in the novice class down here in dallas tx

Offline SubTexel

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 10:25:01 AM »
As my time has been taken up with many projects, I have not had time to keep the main site up-to-date. I could use some help.

At this time this would not be a paying job. Just want to make that clear up front.

The site gets over 3,000 visits daily, many times over 4,000 per day from two-stroke fans all over the world.

What do I need help with?

- Story ideas or news about two-strokes
Some of you find things way before I do, this is the kind of stuff to be used for stories.

- Photos & Videos
Sometimes finding new stuff takes time, but if you come across something please send it to me.

- Writing
Do you have a knack for writing? Do you love two-strokes? How would you like to write some of the stories that go on the site? How about writing your own monthly (or weekly!!) column?

While I may not be able to pay you much now, there could be some great perks. :o :o

Anyone interested?

I'd be interested! Don't care about pay, I can help with stories about 2 strokes / news about 2 strokes and contribute photos and videos. Writing a column would be fun too, but I'd do whatever needs done.

Offline Watson777

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 10:40:31 AM »
I'd be interested in doing something too. Because I don't have enough going on already! Hahhahaha! A column or something could be fun.

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 11:00:34 AM »
You know I am happy to help. Just tell me what you need me to do.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 11:08:43 AM »
I would love to help, in fact, I quite enjoy English class, so, this could be a good pairing, and I think I should have an article for you by the end of the day, a review on a certain set of tires. Let me know if you are interested.
I'd rather be riding...

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 12:26:19 PM »
 :)John,I'd be be more than happy to help you out in any way I can with your 2-stroke site.I just got a new computer so I'm sure I'll be able to send you some updated 2-stroke info.

Offline 6IX

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Exarte Pro
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 02:28:51 PM »
- Photos & Videos

- Writing

Hmmmmmm.

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 02:44:13 PM »
I dont get alot of time though if i do happen to have an idea on something i would love to write something and pass it on. I would never expect any thing in return i would just like to contribute to this great site in any way possible.

I am going to the 2011 KTM launch on August 1, maybe i could do something there?
Depending on what two strokes i get to ride, i do know im riding the 150sx but unfortunately not the 250sx. :(
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline socalcajun

• Expert
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 04:27:19 PM »
John. I'll send what I find interesting from a total rec. fan point of view. Do with it what you will.
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell Out of the Way

Offline moto814

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 08:03:09 PM »
If you have something specific in mind you think I could help with, just say the word.

-Steve

Offline msmola2002

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 08:32:38 PM »
Can provide some pics,

there is a vintage flattrack tomorrow (harpursville NY), can get a few, my mates from PA are running a YZ powered 490 'thing' and a late 80s CR5hunge. Not MX, but they are part of the international brotherhood of 2 strokers.
Off to mid ohio in a couple weeks for the vintage motorcycle days, and if there is anything on that I can get to at broome-tioga or unadilla can see what I can get (have some pics from a district 3 at U2 a month or 2 ago)
Ahrma nats are on the day after southwick pros at broome this year. Have a heap from the AHRMA nats at broome last year, altho year old pics are not likely to be much use :D

Pics I can do, quality is variable and a wordsmith I ain't.

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 10:21:09 PM »
My friend, by the way is really good at editing video, wouldn't it be cool to have a weekly or monthly show made up of web site contributors? Tell me what you think about this.
I'd rather be riding...

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 06:47:54 AM »
WOW!!

I am totally overwhelmed by all the offers of help!! Thank you...

Honestly all of the ideas are great ones. Video, writing, photos, vintage coverage, as long as it is two-stroke related it will be worthwhile to be published on the site.

I want to write back to each of you individually and explore the ideas in more depth. Unfortunately, I am preparing to head out to Red Bud a week early, we are actually going to Microblue Racing to get the practice bike up to a similar level as the race bike.

While I'm sure that there will be internet access out there, it could be that we are working on other things, which could make access a bit limited.

At some point I may ask one of you, someone that is comfortable with computers and a photo editing program to perform some of the actual updates to the site. The software used for the web site is very easy to use, similar to a Word Processor. The photos require a bit of knowledge a a bit of training.

Let me know if anyone is interested in helping with the site updates.

Please if you would like to write something, make videos, take photos, or what have you... please go ahead and do so... by having multiple contributors the site will grow and get even better.

Thank you very much!

Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2010, 09:30:32 AM »
I can contribute.  I'm able to write stories & columns among other things. 
Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.