Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: racer x race report Claverack mx 5/20/2018  (Read 2852 times)

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
racer x race report Claverack mx 5/20/2018
« on: May 30, 2018, 03:15:02 PM »

So it begins, my new foray into MSC http://www.mscmotocross.com/ racing. I have abandoned the NESC in favor of the MSC due mostly in part of their willingness to support two strokes and vintage classes. Now Claverack is an old, very vintage friendly track, not many man made jumps, all natural terrain that is technical in its own right with the amount of off camber turns that keeps you using proper technique.To compare to another track, it would have to be Dilla. The weekend was not looking to be without some wet weather, but we got lucky. There was overcast skies and mother nature had dumped some rain two days before leaving the track wet but not real heavy. After my son and I broke down the camp from the night before we set out to have some fun.   
Both my son and myself entered the 125 two stroke only class with me electing to run vintage 90's and he the vintage Y2K class for the other. Starts were awful as usual and the first set of motos were fun and challenging, with a mid pack finish in the 125s and a suprise win in the Vintage 90's. To be honest there was a young kid who was yarding me only to fall in the last corner and I just took advantage. My son just wanted not to crash, so he was batting 1000 after his motos. Moto 2 was much the same in the 125 class with good racing throughout. The vintage 90's was a real brouhaha, with the kid that fell myself and Tom Smyth on his YZed 250. we trded places several times and had to make a banzai attack with two corners to go just to finish second  to the kid who managed to keep it upright this moto. MY son just wanted to finish without crashing, mission accomplished and well done my boy! So summarize, our first trip to Claverack was a success and cant wait to race here again in August as a pull a double, first Saturday at the Wick then Sunday here at Claverack! Oh Shit, whats wong with me?

« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 05:10:45 PM by racer x »

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: racer x race report Claverack mx 5/20/2018
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 06:26:58 AM »
WOW... taking home the hardware.... congrats to you and your son....  well done... 

Two races at two different tracks in one weekend... you'd better start hydrating now...   ;D
Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 09:32:11 AM »
Good stuff man, thanks for sharing.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 03:00:26 PM »
WOW... taking home the hardware.... congrats to you and your son....  well done... 

Two races at two different tracks in one weekend... you'd better start hydrating now...   ;D
Trust me, I'm having second thoughts Lol. will do my best to be in good hydration condition. Most likely means no beer  :(

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 03:01:00 PM »
Good stuff man, thanks for sharing.
Thanks Coop