Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Holiday Weekend ride  (Read 2907 times)

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
Holiday Weekend ride
« on: April 17, 2017, 06:21:11 AM »
OK guys who got out to ride over the Holiday Weekend??

I actually took Friday off, and went riding.  Everyone was busy, so I said screw it and went solo.  I headed over to my riding club, and found all of 10 riders were there...  500 acres of trail 2 MXs  tracks and an endurocross track for 10 people...  ;D  We've had some heavy rains during the previous week, but was really nice Friday.  Conditions were mostly dry, with the usual mud / water crossings.  Being the 1st time out this year, plus riding solo, I decided not to push it too hard... as I knew I'd pay for my lack of conditioning later...  Rode for several hours, staying for the most part on double track, with some challenging single track thrown in for good measure...  Of course I had to put in a few laps on the tracks...  thankfully no one was there to see how slow I was going... 

During a break, I watched a family come in, unload their bikes and quads only to see a 12 year old girls Honda 250 quad pissing fuel out the overflow.  Her sisters / brother took off on their bikes / quads while she had to stay behind as dad tried to fix it...  after watching him tap the carb hoping to dislodge what ever was keeping the float open, I offered to help.  I ended pulling the plastic and air box just to get to the carb.  Pulled it off to find it full of crap...  I cleaned it the best I could and reinstalled it.  I didn't want to pull the needle seat off unless I really needed to...  Turned the fuel on and... yep it still pissed fuel...  I grabbed a small hammer and get it a good wack... it stopped... ;) Put everything back together and had her ride it in the parking area, all was good... she was off into the woods in a flash...  Sometimes its better to be lucky then good...   ::)
Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday Weekend ride
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 09:06:05 AM »
Good job on helping out. I don't think a 12 year old should be riding a 250 atv but that's a different story :) .
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 09:31:09 AM »
Good job on helping out. I don't think a 12 year old should be riding a 250 atv but that's a different story :) .

I don't disagree, but I could not sit by and watch the disappointment on her face. 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 12:00:19 PM by eprovenzano »
Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 09:58:09 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I would have helped too. When I was in PA all the neighborhood kids knew they could come to me to get their motorcycles, atv's, and bicycles fixed. You did good man.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 03:41:33 PM »
OK guys who got out to ride over the Holiday Weekend??

I actually took Friday off, and went riding.  Everyone was busy, so I said screw it and went solo.  I headed over to my riding club, and found all of 10 riders were there...  500 acres of trail 2 MXs  tracks and an endurocross track for 10 people...  ;D  We've had some heavy rains during the previous week, but was really nice Friday.  Conditions were mostly dry, with the usual mud / water crossings.  Being the 1st time out this year, plus riding solo, I decided not to push it too hard... as I knew I'd pay for my lack of conditioning later...  Rode for several hours, staying for the most part on double track, with some challenging single track thrown in for good measure...  Of course I had to put in a few laps on the tracks...  thankfully no one was there to see how slow I was going... 

During a break, I watched a family come in, unload their bikes and quads only to see a 12 year old girls Honda 250 quad pissing fuel out the overflow.  Her sisters / brother took off on their bikes / quads while she had to stay behind as dad tried to fix it...  after watching him tap the carb hoping to dislodge what ever was keeping the float open, I offered to help.  I ended pulling the plastic and air box just to get to the carb.  Pulled it off to find it full of crap...  I cleaned it the best I could and reinstalled it.  I didn't want to pull the needle seat off unless I really needed to...  Turned the fuel on and... yep it still pissed fuel...  I grabbed a small hammer and get it a good wack... it stopped... ;) Put everything back together and had her ride it in the parking area, all was good... she was off into the woods in a flash...  Sometimes its better to be lucky then good...   ::)
im jealous, i sat in my garage saturday trying to get the katoom timing correct, i gave up. watched the GP on easter