Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Sleeters comments  (Read 2664 times)

Offline riffraff

• Professional
  • Still smokin' after all these years
    • View Profile
Sleeters comments
« on: June 15, 2010, 09:40:29 PM »
"After the weekend I really want to push to the AMA and MX sports that we need to let the 2-stroke in the lites class."
Just the lites class?  >:(

I rode Seales race bike last week back to back with my 250 2-stroke and the 250f is still easier to go fast so let a privateer race the 250 2-stroke in the lites class atleast he will have a fighting chance to get a good start.
Like the holeshot Mike made with the project bike  ;D

the whole time I was going around the track in practice I was thinking I wish I was on the 350
I just sit back and laugh bc you will have a 350 passing you up a hill very soon
Not too sure how sincere he is about racing a 2 stroke
aaahhhhh yes, I remember the good old days

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Sleeters comments
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 11:46:12 PM »
Where did you get this? Awesome!
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline losec

• Intermediate
  • naaaa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 01:42:19 AM »
Sleeter also said his sx250 was bone stock, just a fmf pipe and some suspension work so of course Searles bike is better its a god damn factory bike! DUH!
I never crash -I just make unexpected decelerations

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 02:38:22 AM »
Yeah dude, not sure how you interpreted it, but this is great. To have a voice from a top rider pushing the two stroke cause is what we need. He is saying that it should be legal to race a 250 2 stroke against 250f's. Displacement parity. This is what everyone round here has been asking for, for years!!! Most top level pro riders have their head up manufacturers asses and just bad mouth two strokes(remember Stewarts recent comments??) and say that they are old technology and that you have to be riding a 450 to be competitive and with the times. We all know that this is rubbish, and given equal displacement, two strokes would once again be weapon of choice for most riders. If you do not realise how influential the AMA pro motocross scene is, then you have blinkers on. For example, if Villopoto was to come out and race that KX250 2 stroke and dust everyone in the 450 class, and this co-incided with Kawasaki releasing a brand new KX250, Kawasaki would sell hundreds of thousands of bikes worldwide. This is why the manufacturers stay in tight with the promoters and directors of our great sport. Its money based, pure and simple. Obviously the current push is the four stroke, as this has been a great money spinner for the OEM's with a much bigger demand for spare parts, and bigger price tags on these parts. Unfortunately it has hurt our sport on many levels, noise, expense etc, and unless we see some dramatic changes at the top, it will be difficult to change. BUT, it is slowly starting to happen, as is evident by everyone who has visited this great site. We can each continue to try and make a difference, and I believe that it is working. I think I saw it on a shirt somewhere ...... THE TWO STROKE UPRISING !!!!!!!

:D
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline 2stroker

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 03:44:53 AM »
his still goin on about four strokes though           i wonder what would happen if yamaha put james stewart on a fully factory 2 stroke with every bit of secrete modifications possible done to it to race???    
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 03:47:06 AM by 2stroker »

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 04:19:25 AM »
his still goin on about four strokes though           i wonder what would happen if yamaha put james stewart on a fully factory 2 stroke with every bit of secrete modifications possible done to it to race???    

If he were in shape, he would win....

I know so many people look at what happened when James was on the KX250 two-stroke, while RC was on the Honda 450 four-stroke. But if you're really paying attention the two of them were far ahead of third place.

RC realized that if he were to continue winning he would have to change his riding style. The fact is that he accomplished that amazing feat.

If at that time both James and RC were on 450 four-strokes, the results would have been the same.
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!