Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Good day on the KX.....  (Read 5249 times)

Offline socalcajun

• Expert
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way.
    • View Profile
Good day on the KX.....
« on: June 15, 2010, 03:43:08 PM »
Had an absolutely great moto day this past Sunday at Milestone MX Park here in SoCal. The pics are nothing to brag about. Especially considering it was my 2nd time ever on a groomed track. Riding MX was the deciding factor for going back to the smoker.  Try to make sure you're not drinking anything. I don't want to get blamed for you spitting coke on your keyboard from laughing as hard as I was that day. ;) ;D

Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell Out of the Way

Offline RideRedMx2

• Expert
  • HRC FACTORY RACING
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000301824082&ref=profile
Re: Good day on the KX.....
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 04:13:19 PM »
Thats what its all about bro a good day of riding with your buddies......thats what they call groomed in cali?      :P

Honda CR-250R #2.....Vet Class
CycleNation Powersports...Cycle Center Of Denton...HRC Factory Racing

Offline socalcajun

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 04:15:06 PM »
Thats what its all about bro a good day of riding with your buddies......thats what they call groomed in cali?      :P

Laff it up Red. Enjoy that 100 mile drive to a track half as good. BAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA

Offline socalcajun

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 04:21:24 PM »
?  Are your quad muscles supposed to feel like someone is splitting them down the middle a whole day after ridding. :D

Offline TxTechRedRider

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 04:24:25 PM »
Very nice bike, looks like a great time riding !
Dont forget that now in Texas, because of the heat, the riding starts early in the morning then about 4 hours of nap time, during the hot part of the day and a must for an old man like me, then riding starts up again around 7pm to dark  :D
At least thats been my summer experience here in Tejas.
Hey socalcajun, did you used to live in Louisianna?  
I noticed you comment the other day about "thinking" about moving back to this area, or maybe just visiting for the Freestone race?

Todd
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 04:26:34 PM by TxTechRedRider »
07 Honda Cr125.   
Petition signer #61

Offline socalcajun

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 04:32:24 PM »
Dont forget that now in Texas, because of the heat, the riding starts early in the morning then about 4 hours of nap time, during the hot part of the day and a must for an old man like me, then riding starts up again around 7pm to dark  :D
Hey socalcajun, did you used to live in Louisianna?  I noticed you comment the other day about moving back to this area?

Todd

Thanks Todd. Yeah I like the old KX. Real fun to ride. Its get hot here too it was around 85 that day not bad but I do live in a desert climate so triple digits is not uncommon. That particular park has 3 tracks lit up for the summer. So on any given 100 degree day we can go out at dusk and get our MXing on.  I'm from Louisiana came to Cali or more like the US Navy said go to Cali been here since '91. Got married started a whole new life with rugrats and everything. There's alot of things I miss about LA but as far as moving back its not in my immediate plans. Sure missmy huntin and fishin though.

Dan

Offline socalcajun

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 04:39:56 PM »
too bad i didn't get the pic of the 7 year old on the 65 jumping over my head on one of the tables. scared and awed me all at the same time. :o

Offline TxTechRedRider

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 05:09:34 PM »
I understand your talking about triple digits, wow that will be hot.
Thats way cool about the lights to ride at night. I have only been to a couple places around here before the bike got stolen.  Working on getting another and possibly going to a few other places around here (Dallas).
I got a buddy that just retired from the Navy, gotta say I wished I'd put in some service time, I might have a little more self control  :o
Thanks for your service to our country.
Hunting and fishing, yes, your right about that part of this part of Texas and even in the panhandle where I grew up, great bird hunting was fortunate to get
to do some of that during my jr & high school days, in between riding of course.  :D
Its great that you have a buddy to ride with, your 7 year old, thats priceless time, even if he or she is doing some circles around you  :D
Right now their bodies are made of rubber, I wish, when I took a spill I could get up and bounce back like they seem to do   :D
Will you be able to go to the last outdoor national? I believe it is in Cali, not sure where that Pala track is, however?
07 Honda Cr125.   
Petition signer #61

Offline socalcajun

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 05:17:18 PM »
I understand your talking about triple digits, wow that will be hot.
Thats way cool about the lights to ride at night. I have only been to a couple places around here before the bike got stolen.  Working on getting another and possibly going to a few other places around here (Dallas).
I got a buddy that just retired from the Navy, gotta say I wished I'd put in some service time, I might have a little more self control  :o
Thanks for your service to our country.
Hunting and fishing, yes, your right about that part of this part of Texas and even in the panhandle where I grew up, great bird hunting was fortunate to get
to do some of that during my jr & high school days, in between riding of course.  :D
Its great that you have a buddy to ride with, your 7 year old, thats priceless time, even if he or she is doing some circles around you  :D
Right now their bodies are made of rubber, I wish, when I took a spill I could get up and bounce back like they seem to do   :D
Will you be able to go to the last outdoor national? I believe it is in Cali, not sure where that Pala track is, however?

Yep plans are already in  place for the last round at Pala. Its kinda down closer to San Diego. Not to far to drive to though. I just hope that the points battle is close so we actaully get some guys going at it for the championship. oh yeah it wasn't my 7 year old hell i'm be a very proud poppa with pics all the place if mine was doing stuff like that. we'd be a pro circuit right talking to Mitych ;D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 05:19:00 PM by socalcajun »

Offline riffraff

• Professional
  • Still smokin' after all these years
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 06:53:29 PM »
Hell socal, since you were the only one in the pics I thought everyone else was behind you  :D
aaahhhhh yes, I remember the good old days

Offline KXwestYZ

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 05:56:38 PM »
Hey socalcajun, did you used to live in Louisianna?  I noticed you comment the other day about moving back to this area?

Todd

Thanks Todd. Yeah I like the old KX. Real fun to ride. Its get hot here too it was around 85 that day not bad but I do live in a desert climate so triple digits is not uncommon. That particular park has 3 tracks lit up for the summer. So on any given 100 degree day we can go out at dusk and get our MXing on.  I'm from Louisiana came to Cali or more like the US Navy said go to Cali been here since '91. Got married started a whole new life with rugrats and everything. There's alot of things I miss about LA but as far as moving back its not in my immediate plans. Sure missmy huntin and fishin though.

Dan

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 06:05:23 PM »
Hey KXwest thats cool. 8)
The only way to get around London is on a bike.
I bet that would be a hell of alot of fun :P

I had a Guzzi Mk2 Le Mans when i lived there in the early 90's
It had a set of Termignoni exhausts that used to rattle the windows of cars as you went past 6 inches from their windows  :P :P :P
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline KXwestYZ

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 07:43:45 AM »
Hey KXwest thats cool. 8)
The only way to get around London is on a bike.
I bet that would be a hell of alot of fun :P

I had a Guzzi Mk2 Le Mans when i lived there in the early 90's
It had a set of Termignoni exhausts that used to rattle the windows of cars as you went past 6 inches from their windows  :P :P :P

yeah TMKIWI it certianly is loads of fun!! - I go round all the tourist places soho / covent garden, everyone always stares like they cant beleive its on the road!! lots of people stop to ask about the bike and take pics.. makes one hell of a noise when I braaaaapp off from the lights!!  ;D

Offline socalcajun

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 10:08:20 AM »
Hell socal, since you were the only one in the pics I thought everyone else was behind you  :D

Let's just say special considerations were made. :D

Offline socalcajun

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 10:12:28 AM »

Todd

Dan

Very nice kxwest. You my friend are a man ith gret taste.  Mine's not street legal but thqat does keep me from terriorizg the heighborhood. Where else are ya going to test your jetting.  LOL