Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Man sometimes i wish i lived in Cali  (Read 5230 times)

Offline RideRedMx2

• Expert
  • HRC FACTORY RACING
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000301824082&ref=profile
Man sometimes i wish i lived in Cali
« on: May 20, 2010, 12:30:06 AM »
So Cal Vintage MX Classic Saturday, May 22.......I bet this is going to be a fun day   ;D

http://www.racerxonline.com/article/1st-annual-socal-vintage-mx-classic.aspx

Honda CR-250R #2.....Vet Class
CycleNation Powersports...Cycle Center Of Denton...HRC Factory Racing

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
Re: Man sometimes i wish i lived in Cali
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 12:43:35 AM »
Well hey, it's not just Cali.  Look what be happening in the Northwest on the same days.

http://www.siegecraftnw.com/G10-preview.htm

Besides, I've heard rumors that in California, if you don't take your old MX bike to a track at an event like that, you just don't take it anywhere.  Like, no motocross bikes allowed outside of closed-course racing.  Anyone know if that's true?  If it is, I'm never moving to California; or if I do, I'm staying close to a State border.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 12:46:54 AM by JETZcorp »

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline RideRedMx2

• Expert
  • HRC FACTORY RACING
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000301824082&ref=profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 12:49:40 AM »
Well hey, it's not just Cali.  Look what be happening in the Northwest on the same days.

Besides, I've heard rumors that in California, if you don't take your old MX bike to a track at an event like that, you just don't take it anywhere.  Like, no motocross bikes allowed outside of closed-course racing.  Anyone know if that's true?  If it is, I'm never moving to California; or if I do, I'm staying close to a State border.

That looks like a good time too for sure......your not gunna see me movin to Cali anytime soon either we have plenty EVO races here in Texas  :P

Honda CR-250R #2.....Vet Class
CycleNation Powersports...Cycle Center Of Denton...HRC Factory Racing

Offline wexy21

• Junior
  • 2nd place is 1st loser
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 08:17:36 PM »

Just a rumor man, no worries here.  I ride in the desert and see all kinds of vintage out there.  You have to have red or green stickers on your bike depending on the year.  I only been here for three yrs now but haven't had any prbs.  My CRF450 doesn't even have a sticker (no title), the 125 has a green sticker (go anywhere ride anywhere tag) and my two-stroke Polaris quad has a red sticker (seasonal)  lt's all kinda stupid in my opinion but I do somewhat understand why since there are SO many riders and bikes out here.  It seems like every other garage door I see open there are quads and bikes littering them. 
02 Cr125
02 Crf450
03 Polaris 250 Trailblazor
98 Buell S1WL

Offline wexy21

• Junior
  • 2nd place is 1st loser
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 08:19:12 PM »
I tell ya what though....Although there are soo many places to ride here; there is no place like home! Riding the trails and tracks in the midwest is by far the best I've been.  The desert just gets old and boring after a while.
02 Cr125
02 Crf450
03 Polaris 250 Trailblazor
98 Buell S1WL

Offline riffraff

• Professional
  • Still smokin' after all these years
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 10:30:31 PM »
Glad we don't have to worry about off-road registration here in Nevada... yet!. Gotta be careful though since I live so close to California, I've heard of guys crossing the border on accident and getting nailed for no Ca. registration  :(
aaahhhhh yes, I remember the good old days

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 11:59:24 PM »
I ride in the dead-center heart of Oregon, so crossing any border at all would mean either going several hundred miles, or swimming across the Columbia River (which is like a small ocean).  Well, I shouldn't say that.  There is an Indian Reservation that you can accidentally wander onto, and that can get a little ugly.  $2500 fine per bike!  With six riders, that gets pretty gnarly pretty fast.  I guess that's what happens when you tell a whole group of people that they must live on a given area of land, with virtually no agricultural value at all.  Actually, aside from fishing and cattle, there's really nothing you can do with that desert other than ride on it.  If I were one of them, I'd put gates up and make that place a riding park. :P

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?