Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: "Times are a changing"  (Read 5718 times)

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
"Times are a changing"
« on: August 11, 2013, 03:20:09 AM »
Just read that a significant number of Triumph motorcycles are now being made in Thailand, mainly the twins I have been told.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline shanes

• Novice
    • View Profile
"Times are a changing"
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 03:33:06 AM »
no just about all the range are made there they have been making them there for years , the new models they build the line in the uk run it for 12 months to make sure all is ok then ship it all the thailand and start making them there .

the factory is about 500 meters from Cobra that make all the carbon for Ferrari , Lambo , Audi , Ducati and a lot of KTM stuff , also just around the corner is the new ohlins factory making shocks and fork kits for the smaller bikes . Kawasaki factory is about 45 min away they make most of the Kawasaki range under 600 cc there

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
"Times are a changing"
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 04:36:59 AM »
Shanes, why have these companies set up shop in Thailand as apposed to, say, China or Taiwan?

Offline shanes

• Novice
    • View Profile
"Times are a changing"
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 05:34:17 AM »
thailand has some very good tax incentives for overseas companies and the quality of work and the wages are very good to help profitability .

Toyota , honda and nissan have some huge factories there , most cars are all shipped internationally

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
"Times are a changing"
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 09:49:33 AM »
Easy, no unions..

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline shanes

• Novice
    • View Profile
"Times are a changing"
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 11:32:36 AM »

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
"Times are a changing"
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 05:40:22 AM »
Easy, no unions..

**** the unions

I like you. **** the unions indeed. When something does alot more harm than good, its time for it to go.

Thailand is top spot in my overseas travel priorities, I've got a brother who goes back and forth there quite a bit. Runs a security company in PNG aswell so he understands the culture. And the language :D

These massive factories must be a site to see, do you have any photos?

Offline shanes

• Novice
    • View Profile
"Times are a changing"
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 08:15:39 AM »
sorry no pics , the factories are 35-40 min from my house there but we left thailand 5 years ago , living in indonesia now . Asia it a great place to make real money yes it is high risk but its very high reward so its worth it . also asia is a great place to live with full time maids and drivers that you pay a month what people in the western countries want a day .

if you want a very nice house in thailand let me know i am about to put mine on the market as the people who have been renting it for the last 5 years moved out last month

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
"Times are a changing"
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 09:28:10 AM »
Mate I'm 17 living in Aus dead broke with my parents. Every cent I earn goes to mx. Usually about -50 bucks a week :D Really not in a position to buy any house let alone a nice one :P

Yeah it is high risk over there. Particularly with their wongtok mantality. Hes not allowed to leave the compound unarmed and has had his guys bring back cars with about 200 9mm holes in them... But he loves it. Was in the MPs for a while but got sick of training his arse off only to run drills. So he went over there to do what he has trained for all his life and he loves it.

Offline shanes

• Novice
    • View Profile
"Times are a changing"
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013, 11:36:09 PM »
i met a young guy in aus here 2 months ago , he couldnt get a good ride in aus so come over here , he is getting 5000 a month plus all expenses living in bali riding in the indonesian championship for Husky .

as soon as you have some cash behind you get overseas and have  look at the world , you soon see how crazy expensive aus and its not as good as most people think with all the laws taxes and bull**** you have to deal with there .   

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
"Times are a changing"
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2013, 11:51:47 PM »
My loyalty to my country gets thinner and thinner everyday. It took my postal service 9 days to send me a book from brisbane, to warwick. Thats sub 200 kilometres. Nine days. American postal service will get a parcel from one side of the states to the other in 5 days. Thats about 2000 miles. ****ing criminal. The NBN internet services we were supposed to have gotten last year, are now not coming at all and in its place is the much more expensive and unreliable wireless ****.

Our criminal code is an absolute mess, the gold coasts crime rates are higher than new york city thanks to the filthy little bikers, our education, health and emergency service systems are a disaster and we have one of the highest road death rates in the developed world. Fun fact: Abortion is legal in victoria on request, and yet theres almost no doctor will to perform it because the abortion legislation is so royally fu****, that even if the doctor does everything right he can be successfully sued by a lawyer fresh out of lawschool.