Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Race report with stupid things done on a bike  (Read 3364 times)

Offline rlaj1004

• View Profile
Race report with stupid things done on a bike
« on: June 18, 2013, 03:25:17 PM »
So this weekend I got the time to ride and the local track has started a night race series. So here is the report.
Got a later than normal start to the track thinking I had to be there around 5:00pm not 4:00, and I just bought a new holeshot device so I had to get that installed, so a little rushed when we got there. Anyway, I have never been on this track and this is about the 3rd time back after 10 months off the bike. Get there, set up head to practice, ready to see what this track is going to be like. I am sitting in the start area with a bunch of guys half my age and the guy next to me is staring at my new holeshot device. I am thinking yeah thats a cool ass deal there buddy. Ha

Finish up practice, head back to the truck and get ready to race. Then I decide to set my holeshot so I can play with it a little, damn thing won't catch. I get around the front and start looking at it and I put the clamp on the fork upside down. ( now I am realizing why the guy was staring at it ) Well I feel sheepish

So the track is a cross between a supercross and motocross, everything is a jump, step ups, triples and off camber jumps in the corners. But what the hell I am game.

2 moto format, get to the start, I am racing with 40+ AB and women 16 and older, and me 50+.  1st moto start was fair, one of the women pinned it to the 1st corner and ran in to the guy in front of her, went down in front of me so I jumped the berm and kept going. The 2 top guys just left, I think they had a fire to get too. Which left me and 3 or 4 others around about the same place. Race was OK, kept casing the crap out of the finish, but staying upright, watched 2 guys fall and started chasing only other guy I could see. Thats how I finshed. 4th but 1st out of 1 in my class. LOL
2nd moto I was ready, got a awesome jump, hit the gate, broke both pins on my gate, took the gate bar with me. Hit the handlebars, bruised my chest and wrenched my wrist. So last place start, just started chasing, went down in a corner, ended up 5th. I did clear the finish but then started casing the triples.
Had a blast, got a few more races on the same track coming up.

I have videos but have no idea how to post them.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 04:14:55 PM »
Sounds like an eventful night, I bet ya felt like a goose putting the holeshot thingy upside down..
At least ya finished in one piece.
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 07:56:45 PM »
Great race report, despite the drama's i bet you left with a smile on your face and amping for the next one. Thats why we do it i guess.

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 09:47:32 PM »
yep, typical vet race. here in the nesc if we combine classes we have a double gate drop.

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 10:06:57 PM »
Yeah i race 2 classes usually, Vet's and intermediate which i guess is like Bgrade over there. but Vet's is often the biggest class, and usually has the most 2t bikes in it.

Offline vetman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 02:34:17 AM »
hey total you doin the southern series seems a bit later this year

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 05:17:30 AM »
Yep planning on it, haven't checked the dates. There's a bit of a shortage of events to race in these parts so the southern series is a must. Do you race it? i would've raced against you if you race vets, i'm the only TM so hard to miss.

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 05:23:06 AM »
Just checked your profile, says you're from central otago? i just raced the central otago champs in cromwell. Had a nightmare though, jammed throttle wide open in 3rd gear and cartwheeled my bike into the boundry fence. Not a good day racing that day.

Offline vetman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 05:35:51 AM »
missed last years series due to good old lack of money ,Cromwell bites hard not my favourite but somewhere when everything craps out club day this weekend in alex could be good likewise im on a tm as well so easy to spot

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 06:10:52 AM »
missed last years series due to good old lack of money ,Cromwell bites hard not my favourite but somewhere when everything craps out club day this weekend in alex could be good likewise im on a tm as well so easy to spot
Nice, What model you on? i've got the 300MX. Are you gonna race this years SS?

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 08:32:15 AM »
Sounds gnarly man. Love to race there. That in Aus?