Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Annual 2 stroke ride day?  (Read 2923 times)

Offline AFG

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Annual 2 stroke ride day?
« on: December 10, 2009, 08:40:15 PM »
 I just watched the video again of the 2 stroke day at the track in England. Does anyone think it would be possible to get everyone here together for a 2 stroke day in the dirt annually? If so where? I'm here in south Texas so I can get to pretty much anywhere in the U.S. in a couple of days. Honey Lake, Southwick, Cycle Ranch, Glenn Helen, I personally am open to pretty much anywhere. I can check and see what the rates would be for a weekend at Cycle-Ranch(cycleranchmx.com) to lease the track and facilities. The only thing is, it's smoken hot here in the summer. Maybe some other members can do the same in their areas. It would be really cool to gather the flock at least once a year some where.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Re: Annual 2 stroke ride day?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 04:02:32 AM »
This is an awesome idea!

Imagine a big gathering of ywo-stroke fanatics all gathered in one place. Just having a fun day!

Let's here more of how you think the day should be set up. In a case like this there needs to be a man in charge and as the "General" I appoint you Lieutenant General  of the official Two Stroke Ride day.

Obviously logistics will play a big role in allowing the highest number of riders to participate. The idea of having Regional Ride days might make it easier.

I'll be there!
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline bigbore

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 07:37:17 AM »
There's one for the street bikes every year at Deals Gap in NC/TN.Awesome event.Here's a shot of the motel.

You can literally smell the burning oil in the morning when everyone's warming up for the day.

Track costs are kinda tough for anyone to absorb out of pocket.I attempted to organize a 4 day event.The track owner was willing to set aside a block of time.He just wanted to be sure of not losing money.Nice old school natural terrain track,miles of trails and hare scrambles track.Not one person stepped forward to help or even pay for their track time.Ambulance time at the is particular track was $65 an hour.Not too bad if you spread it out over a few hundred guys.You'll need volunteers to flag,control track access,parking and call for gates.Vendors are usually easy to find and most larger tracks have concessions.I even contacted manufacturers about having demos of their bikes.2 replied they'd be interested.And then there's insurance.State farm wouldn't touch it.Single event liability insurance costs would have been about $4000.I walked away from it at this point because I could not do this all by myself.I'd still love to do something like that but it's virtually impossible unless you're able to pay the costs up front and can hire people to help.Too bad.

Anyway I'm sure I could talk to the track owner and he'd still do it.1 or 2 days would be more like it.I'm in the mid-Atlantic so we could do an eastern event.

I'd like to set up a two-stroke only MX/off road racing association.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 07:52:22 AM »
There are many tracks that will provide everything you need for one set price. Track rental, prep, insurance, etc...

To do it properly it would be best to have a pre-entry for the event. Yes you would need to plan an alternative rain date.

I like it more and more!

Hey BigBore - in the smallest type ever you have a note saying -

"I'd like to set up a two-stroke only MX/off road racing association."

What do you have in mind??? How can I help?
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!