Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: The Brits are at it again!!  (Read 5386 times)

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
The Brits are at it again!!
« on: November 21, 2009, 06:05:58 AM »
Fantastic news coming from England. There is a big shift in that country, new promoting organizations are beginning to challenge the incumbent ACU.

The ACU in England is like the AMA in the USA. Not very fast to make the changes racers and fans want. Due to the competition, the ACU is finally beginning to change.

Read this article about the MC Federation and their plans for 2010. It sounds so good, it's time to check out International flights and attend what sounds like awesome events.  8)

http://twostrokemotocross.com/2009/11/mcf-discusses-plans-for-audacious-2010-united-kingdom-motocross-race-series/

Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline dejovi22

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: The Brits are at it again!!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 08:02:49 AM »
 Very interesting article. I think we in the USA (in particular the AMA) should pay attention to what other Federations are doing and apply here the good ideas. I like the way in Europe, specifically in the UK, two strokes are still taken in consideration. Just think that in the UK you can still walk into a Suzuki dealer and buy a two stroke RM.

Offline meger z

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 03:59:00 PM »
hi people  :)we are fighting like crap over here to get the acu + amca to see what a big mistake it was to let 250f in the 125 class .But now the idiots are seeing that the sport is dying on its feet .lots of tracks shut because of the 4t plague and they will be gone forever .   

Offline Swimr2DaResQ

• Expert
  • Awww Yeaah!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 06:02:12 PM »
AMA needs to get the message, equal displacement or alternate classes for 2T's. Go Brits go! 8)
"Technology frightens me to death. It's designed by engineers to impress other engineers, and they always come with instruction booklets that are written by engineers for other engineers - which is why almost no technology ever works."

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 01:25:24 PM »
Actually, a seperate two stroke class would be like music to my ears, but, I have high doubts that we would see many top racers sponsored by bike companies other than tm, ktm, and husquavarna(did I spell that right?), because Honda is not going to want to race something they doen't even make anymore, even though they are perfectly capable
I'd rather be riding...

Offline Alec S

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 04:21:16 PM »
So that begs the question: How do you get the AMA to promote not manufacturers? From my position on the outside it look to me like the AMA is influenced [to a large extent] by certain manufacturers wishes. It's almost like they believe that MX will die if it's not run in accordance to their wishes.

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 05:21:06 PM »
So that begs the question: How do you get the AMA to promote not manufacturers? From my position on the outside it look to me like the AMA is influenced [to a large extent] by certain manufacturers wishes. It's almost like they believe that MX will die if it's not run in accordance to their wishes.

Well, you see, if Honda, or any other dirt biking company dies off because of the AMA's ruling, new, better companies will come into play. It is how economies work, companies die off, and new ones take over, if Japanese companies decided to pull out of supercross, because the 250/250f rule is placed in the pro class, it won't be long before other companies who couldn't ever before compete because of lack of budget, would end up rising to the top, producing good riders. It's like having a salary cap on a professional sports team, before the salary cap is there, only the richest teams will win, poorer teams won't have a chance, but with a salary cap, things are on an even playing field, and this might also keep Chad Reed with Suzuki, which in my opinion would've been the better choice.
I'd rather be riding...

Offline Alec S

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 07:32:35 PM »

Well, you see, if Honda, or any other dirt biking company dies off because of the AMA's ruling, new, better companies will come into play. It is how economies work, companies die off, and new ones take over, if Japanese companies decided to pull out of supercross, because the 250/250f rule is placed in the pro class, it won't be long before other companies who couldn't ever before compete because of lack of budget, would end up rising to the top, producing good riders. It's like having a salary cap on a professional sports team, before the salary cap is there, only the richest teams will win, poorer teams won't have a chance, but with a salary cap, things are on an even playing field, and this might also keep Chad Reed with Suzuki, which in my opinion would've been the better choice.

Which is all fine with me but I seems [from an outsiders perspective] that H,Y,S and K have to much influence over what's raced at the pro level.

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 07:37:13 PM »
they do, which is why I say, the AMA should make tough rules, so that what I said can happen, new innovative companies like maico(not really new, but you get what I mean) and tm racing can come into America supercross and motocross
I'd rather be riding...