Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Hey everyone. New to site.  (Read 4893 times)

Offline 2stroke250

• Junior
    • View Profile
Hey everyone. New to site.
« on: May 01, 2010, 08:17:13 AM »
Hey everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself since I'm new to the forums/website. My name is Ross and I'm from SE Florida. Been looking around and love the site. It's really hard to find a place that covers mainly 2 stroke dirt bikes. I ride a 1996 RM250. I swapped in an engine out of a 2000 RM250 and has been running great for a couple of years now. It also has the 2000 plastics and I believe forks (you guys probably could tell). I noticed my frame has a Pro AMA decal by the forks with a number on it. Does that mean by bike has been professionally raced? I'll post pics of my bike this evening for everyone if I can figure out how. If there are any southern Floridians on this site that knows about good legal riding areas, please let me know since they are very hard to come across. Also, are there any good 2 stroke motocross shows on Speed Channel or any good 2 stroke magazines out there? It seems the world is going to 4 stroke, but I can't seem to get into them too much. Sorry for all the questions.
1996 SUZUKI RM250 W/2000 RM250 ENGINE SWAP

Offline 2stroke250

• Junior
    • View Profile
Re: Hey everyone. New to site.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 02:56:37 PM »
Here's the bike pics:

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 03:10:25 PM »
Welcome buddy! Nice ride you got there! :-*
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline RideRedMx2

• Expert
  • HRC FACTORY RACING
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000301824082&ref=profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 03:38:30 PM »
Hey Ross welcome to the site........nice bike brrraaaaaaappppppppppp   ;D

Honda CR-250R #2.....Vet Class
CycleNation Powersports...Cycle Center Of Denton...HRC Factory Racing

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 08:40:27 AM »
Nice bike, welcome to the site.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 12:31:03 PM »
Hey everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself since I'm new to the forums/website. My name is Ross and I'm from SE Florida. Been looking around and love the site. It's really hard to find a place that covers mainly 2 stroke dirt bikes. I ride a 1996 RM250. I swapped in an engine out of a 2000 RM250 and has been running great for a couple of years now. It also has the 2000 plastics and I believe forks (you guys probably could tell). I noticed my frame has a Pro AMA decal by the forks with a number on it. Does that mean by bike has been professionally raced? I'll post pics of my bike this evening for everyone if I can figure out how. If there are any southern Floridians on this site that knows about good legal riding areas, please let me know since they are very hard to come across. Also, are there any good 2 stroke motocross shows on Speed Channel or any good 2 stroke magazines out there? It seems the world is going to 4 stroke, but I can't seem to get into them too much. Sorry for all the questions.

Welcome to the forum Ross...

As for the decal it could mean the bike raced in the Pro ranks or it could just be a sticker!! The only real way to know is research the lineage of that machine.

As for two-stroke shows or magazines, no there are none at this time... although you can find some great two-stroke videos on You Tube (check out the latest video from Round 2 of the British 2 Stroke Championships) that's a great video.

A few folks have asked me to begin a magazine, but I have not yet committed to that yet....

Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline 2stroke250

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 08:01:54 AM »
Thanks everyone. John, I would like to research the V.I.N. on my bike to see what the history is on it since it looks like it was once raced pro. Is there any site that can track that?

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 09:56:35 AM »
Nope! No idea of any site that would allow you to do that!!

The only way that I've heard people research their bikes history is to ask the previous owner, then ask that owner... and so on...

Good luck!
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline 2stroke250

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 10:58:44 AM »
That would be nearly impossible to accomplish. Oh well, not woth that much effort. Thanks for all the info. As mentioned above, I think a magazine would be awesome.

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 12:06:32 PM »
Nice ride 2stroke250.I also had an RM-250,mine was a 97 & it ran GREAT! I put a set of Boyesen RAD valves on it plus a Wiseco prolite piston,FMF Gnarly pipe,Barnett Dirt Digger clutch kit etc.Suzuki RM's are awesome bikes and I know you have to love the way the powerband hits on that ride of yours! :o

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 07:49:49 PM »
I would think Suzuki would have info. based on the V.I.N..

Brings to mind a story I heard - years ago Yamaha did an audit of Yamahas being raced in the U.S. Pacific Northwest.Turns out Yamaha was paying out a lot of Yamabucks to racers and the local dealers couldn't figure it out because they had never sold any bikes. Turns out most of the bikes in question had been purchased in Canada when the exchange rate had been very favorable to Americans. After that Yamaha began scrutinizing the V.I.N. very carefully.

Offline riffraff

• Professional
  • Still smokin' after all these years
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 08:18:21 PM »
Only way I could think that a VIN could be traced would be through the DMV, how many of you guys have bought a used bike with no title and bothered to register it? None of my bikes have titles.
aaahhhhh yes, I remember the good old days

Offline 2stroke250

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2010, 06:15:17 PM »
Thanks maicoman! Yeah the suzuki's are definately a blast to ride. I really fell in love with mine. I love going into the garage and seeing it sitting there. I rode a built 95 Honda CR250 not too long ago and man I wouldn't mind having one of those too. So I guess you're riding Maico now? SachsGS, that's very interesting. Riffraff, since I'm a cop, I looked my VIN up through the DMV database and I'm the only one in the title history. Oh well, I guess I'll never know if a pro rode my bike. I even tried to research the number on that Pro AMA decal that's on the frame but no luck. When I got the bike with the original blown 96 engine, It said "Dyno Port" on the jug, had a Wiseco Piston, and Carbon Fiber Reeds. The bike is totally tricked out with aftermarket parts too.

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2010, 11:10:31 PM »
2stroke250 I actually own a 2008 KTM-300xc & the Maicoman name I use on this site is because I've owned a Maico 490 many yrs. ago and I've been dying to buy a new 500mmx if they ever get here to :( the U.S.There was suppose to be a video on this site according to Maico International but I can't seem to hold my breath any longer while waiting! :)

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2010, 12:16:53 AM »
"If there are any southern Floridians on this site that knows about good legal riding areas, please let me know since they are very hard to come across."

I used to live in Fort Lauderdale, I was actually going to ask you where the hell do you ride because I don't know of any place near there.  I think there is a track prolly out by miami lakes or kendal area or somewhere.  Shit, I don't think you can even ride ATVs on Daytona Beach anymore.
Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.